Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another F4B off the assembly line. Assigned to VF-111. Ready for Westpac cruise.

dahawk, Awesome Opossum. :)Looks like you're ready for carrier quals. I, too, shall be joining that squadron, with your permission, sir, as long as you'll accept old zoomies. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	9BFE17B7-7DF6-4D11-81BE-EE1563975E36.jpeg
Views:	945
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	138408 Another F4B off the assembly line. Assigned to VF-111. Ready for Westpac cruise.
      Beautiful!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Another F4B off the assembly line. Assigned to VF-111. Ready for Westpac cruise.

dahawk, Awesome Opossum. :)Looks like you're ready for carrier quals. I, too, shall be joining that squadron, with your permission, sir, as long as you'll accept old zoomies. Best, LB

I read that "as long as you will accept old zombies" !!!!!! LOL Been mowing grass in the sun too long!!! HA!!!! Dang.... :Silly:

Comment

• Great job Dave!!!

Comment

• Thanks, and Bravo Zulu!

A few refinements yet with the printed nozzles. Some rub and buff.

I have installed a pair of whistles( a beech to do) and RC Geek’s center afterburner. Painted interior exhaust with high gloss aluminum . Was going to use foil tape but it’s tough to get that in there.

At the very last minute, I chickened out on the drag chute mod. Had earlier bought a rear fuse section and Rcjetdude’s short kit. All worked okay. Just could not get 100% consistency. About 7 out of 10. Maybe on the next one.

My only remaining concern is power. The 12b 1620kv inrunner only produces a little over 1900 watts. Not as much as the stock 6S 9 blade. Has lots of thrust but.... we’ll see. I think it will get airborne but won’t be very fast. Might upgrade to 8S later.

Installed an A3L gyro for comfort. Probably does need a gyro.

Now for a good day!
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2BE5A08F-02EB-45D7-8BE0-E570F8D5A81D.jpeg
Views:	616
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	138433 One weekend per month. Saw the VF-111 for a while. Back in the late 70’s at Cecil field and sometimes over at JAX. By then, they had upgraded to the J and N models. Cruised on the Teddy Rosevelt.

Now here’s a Sundowners that somebody should do:

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Well THAT was close!

My Phantom almost became Street Pole Food on final approach. FIrst I lost my port-side tank so I was fighting the sticks for the entire flight (wanting to roll right severely). Luckily she came out of it unscathed. (Video is of my two flights spliced together).

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yes please don't let her become one with the light poles

Comment

• CLOSE ONE!!!
                    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Yeowie!!!

Name:	CE7FD017-B294-4254-9923-CCBF53E9B33E.jpeg
Views:	548
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	138449

Comment

• AAAAAACKKK!!! :Scared:

What's really weird is that I NEVER come in on that approach to the left of that light pole. It was one of those weird moments where I wasn't sure what I was doing...I was standing in a different location then I normally do which must have contributed to the wonky approach.

YOWZA!!

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	419
Size:	623.1 KB
ID:	138453
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Indeed! Yikes!

Comment

• Not much room for error there. :Scared:

Comment

• Wow, close call and good save! Glad she’s back on the ground in one piece. From that screenshot, if the gear weren’t down, it would almost look like you’re trying to pylon race!

Comment

• Indeed! One of the closer calls I've had in a long time. Whew!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hey anyone out there willing to print the F4 Tall cones for $$$$ ?? Who know when the factory units will be in stock.
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks Guys Set on the way!! What a great community!!!

Comment

• Can u post from where for the rest of us to purchase from ?

Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                      Thanks Guys Set on the way!! What a great community!!!
                                      BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Yeah I wouldn't mind a set myself!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• At least the tank fell off above the parking lot from the video. And talk about the razors edge!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X