X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    See this thread for how to do the chute mod (and to get a short kit if you want it), as well as the guy selling chutes.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...drag-chute-mod
    Hey Pat!
    Two more chutes to be made and you’re next my friend!

Comment

• amgsky1,

Can't go wrong with RCjetdude's short kit. Absolutely superb! Now I need to save up for Helmsman's( Paul's) gorgeous chute. Welcome to the Squawk !
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmsman52 View Post
        Hey Pat!
        Two more chutes to be made and you’re next my friend!
        Awesome Paul! I'm currently getting Steve's short kit installed.
        Pat

Comment

• Here's a look at the Belly of the Beast. Just for Good Measure, I added one of my white strobes to the bottom, in between the gear.

Comment

• Beautiful...

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
              Hi Guys....I'm new to the site and finishing my F-4 Silver Kings version. I have been following most of the posts and everyone's planes look absolutely fantastic!!! I'm looking for guidance on who I can contact to have a chute made up. Appreciate any insight. Many Thanks! TG
              Welcome, amgsky1 to Hobby Squawk! Ditto on the pix. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
                Hi Guys....I'm new to the site and finishing my F-4 Silver Kings version. I have been following most of the posts and everyone's planes look absolutely fantastic!!! I'm looking for guidance on who I can contact to have a chute made up. Appreciate any insight. Many Thanks! TG
                Welcome to the Squawk! Glad you are here! :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I will post some current pictures shortly. Still a work in progress as I have some additional 3D parts being shipped. TG

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

Looking GREAT Mike! Can't wait to see and shoot her in the air!
                    Good evening well as you can guess the dang WIND blew us all 3 of us right off the runway Justin, Ken, I watched them fly 20+knots crazy the cross wind blew a smaller jet of Justin right into the grass so it was all about hard left rudder and aileron jut to keep them straight what a sight lol looks like she's going to blow through Tues. sigh! So I'm sure you will keep us in mind for another day. Happy flying Mike

Comment

• So I did the maiden on my friends F-4 8s version and everything went well. I used 195 for cg and that seemed fine. Used the manual low rates and takeoff flaps for takeoff. This jet really scoots, eats up air space at our field. There was some wind and was crosswind as well so landing was a little tricky. I think the ailerons were a little to low and I did bump them up on the 2nd flight and was much better . It was a carrier type landing but all in all was a great flight.

Comment

• Nice job! Great work flying her on the maiden...Boy she does eat up space in a hurry! Even my 6S today (post video in a few) was chewing up the school. First time I flown her there. Again, nicely done!
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• First time flying her at the local school. It was a bit windy with a crosswind and I was a distracted with my Boxer Baylee who insists on chasing it from takeoff to touchdown (she makes a cameo at the end...She's a good little post flight inspector, lol) and a runner showed up to run on the track. Distracted flight but boy she chews up the skies in a flash!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Here's the 2nd flight. Because of the kid on the field I couldn't have fun with it so flew it mostly high. Landing was going to be a greaser but then that crazy wind caught it and made it bounce but with a little throttle she settled down
                            I do most of the flying of his planes as he's not a great pilot yet. But he's happy seeing them fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Nice job! Great work flying her on the maiden...Boy she does eat up space in a hurry! Even my 6S today (post video in a few) was chewing up the school. First time I flown her there. Again, nicely done!
                              Thanks . Nice flight as well

Comment

• Yay ! Got notice today that the 3rd batch of F4's is now in stock. Thank you MRC ! Went ahead and immediately ordered the Arf+

Another Navy Phantom getting ready to cross the Beach !

Checklist:

* 6S 1620kv ChangeSun with 130 amp esc
                                * UBEC
                                * Navy VFC-111 Sundowners Callie Graphics
                                * RC Geek Center Afterbuner ordered
                                * Prebuilt and tested Drag chute Mod
                                * Buddy 3D printing Nozzles, Whistles and Cockpit
                                * Primer, Model Master's Gull Gray and Insignia red paints
                                * 6S 8000mah 100C lipo per Eddie P on RCG ordered

Excited. Headed up to Jet Jam to see a whole bunch of Phantoms !

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Aluminum Foil HVAC Tape ? For those who have lined the exhausts to better illuminate the RC Geek Center AB, what are you using ?

Comment

• Yup! I had some that had red lettering on it. Came right off with denatured alcohol.

Comment

• Cockpit kit & nozzles arrived today. Boy, do I have some work to do before Thursday A.M...….:):Cool:

Comment

• So I am wanting to add some realism to mine. Looking at photos of the 1:1 Scat...You can clearly see weathering on various elements (below)...

Specifically I am looking for advice for the best way to approach the missing paint. I have seen various methods like silver or white paint...Just curious if anyone has a tried and true method you feel is effective. Standing by...

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog-110330-f-dw547-020.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	136648
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I tried to get that look, worked pretty good using a silver Sharpie and 400 grit sand
                                          paperLOL I will try to get some better pics so you can see it better but it turned out okay, I'm happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X