Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://youtu.be/8JJaMe54b2E Here's what I've been up to Lately.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
      https://youtu.be/8JJaMe54b2E Here's what I've been up to Lately.....
      Looking good Jim. Did you determine what kept the chute from opening? I have put talcum powder on mine to keep it from sticking together.

Comment

https://youtu.be/8JJaMe54b2E Here's what I've been up to Lately.....
        Beutiful Dlx,
        Which paint did you end up using?

Comment

• Sure did....I did another test the other day, after I liberally applied some talcum powder to the chute and guy lines and all is well. Maiden is this Saturday....

Comment

Sure did....I did another test the other day, after I liberally applied some talcum powder to the chute and guy lines and all is well. Maiden is this Saturday....
            Black Bunny looks awesome! Glad the chute and firing mechanism worked out for you! Did you happen to see Steve’s folding and packing vid by chance? It pretty much spot on for packing :Cool:

So on a different note, the real drag chute I have is pretty interesting on the packing and jettison. I was very fortunate to get this from an F-4/F-16 pilots estate sale.

Again, congrats!

Comment

• I actually went with a primer coat of Krylon paint/primer (grey), then light coats of Krylon "Color-Max' Ultra High Gloss Black. It worked quite well. Sealed it with Min-Wax WBPU, then sealed it again after decal were applied. Paul & steve….I did see the video and I use that exact method. It was the eyelets, catching on the guy lines, that wouldn't let it open. The talcum really helps, and prevent chaffing too.....LOLOLOL.

Comment

• Freewing F4 Phantom II 90mm 6S

Comment

• Another video from last weekend.

Stock 6S
                  5000mah 45 Graphenes
                  Eagle A3-L gyro
                  Frsky Horus

Comment

• Are you guys using 1st position flaps during take offs? Especially for grass take offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                      Are you guys using 1st position flaps during take offs? Especially for grass take offs.
                      I only fly off grass and use 1 notch of flaps for take off and landing.
                      F4 takes off very quickly so i usually try holding down just a sec then allow to lift off for a very scale climbout.
                      . I havent tried full flaps on landing as the plane really slows down and has a great controllable sink rate with half flaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash Jorden View Post
                        Are you guys using 1st position flaps during take offs? Especially for grass take offs.
                        Yes, I fly 99% of the time on grass and always use take off flaps with zero issues. I use full flaps on landing and she settles in like a feather, this is my favorite EDF.
                        TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I use take off flaps for both take offs and landings. Haven't felt the need for full flaps yet. Takes off and lands perfectly with half flap setting. Although I have a high approach where I fly so I am going to try full flaps soon.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just received shipping notification from Motion RC that my 3D parts are on their way. I will finally be able to start my build. I have the drogue chute kit from RCJetDude and Paul is making my chute. Lots coming together all at once. Of course my plane has been painfully sitting since the first batch.

Cheers,

Jeff

Comment

• What timing is recommended on the stock 6s motor ? I have mine set to low.

Comment

• You shouldn't have to adjust your timing. The power systems are calibrated and balanced at the factory for the best performance out of the box.
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi Guys....I'm new to the site and finishing my F-4 Silver Kings version. I have been following most of the posts and everyone's planes look absolutely fantastic!!! I'm looking for guidance on who I can contact to have a chute made up. Appreciate any insight. Many Thanks! TG

Comment

• See this thread for how to do the chute mod (and to get a short kit if you want it), as well as the guy selling chutes.

Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
                                      Hi Guys....I'm new to the site and finishing my F-4 Silver Kings version. I have been following most of the posts and everyone's planes look absolutely fantastic!!! I'm looking for guidance on who I can contact to have a chute made up. Appreciate any insight. Many Thanks! TG
                                      Welcome to HobbySquawk amgsky1. I look forward to seeing pics of your F-4.

Comment

• Hi from me as well amgsky1, welcome to the Squawk!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Welcome to Hobbysquawk! :f4phantom

Comment

Working...
                                          X