X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Awe man talk about thrown under the bus... sucks man, an expensive lesson for your friend.
    He's a longshoreman . He can afford it

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post

He's a longshoreman . He can afford it
      Maybe he needs to buy rc boats then?! :Silly:LOL

Comment

• I got some aerial video of my Phantom this morning, three flights and four landings! (I did two landings on the last one).
        The camera is mounted on the mount for the centerline tank (I added that mount)

Nothing super-exciting here, I didn't line up correctly and managed to have a giant bounce landing in the second flight which I didn't like... that's why I tried to do better and I nailed the landings on the last flight. Each time I am getting better, I guess...

The Freewing 90mm EDF F-4 Phantom, flying from the MARCS club field in Geneva Ohio 6-17-18

The Freewing 90mm EDF F-4 Phantom, flying from the MARCS club field in Geneva Ohio 6-17-18. Nasty bounce on the landing!

The Freewing 90mm EDF F-4 Phantom, flying from the MARCS club field in Geneva Ohio 6-17-18. During this flight I decided to practice my landings... so I lan...
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Are the 3D nozzles posted on the upgrade page a replacement or do they fit over the stock nozzles ?
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Someone told me they fit over the stock nozzles but that did not make any sense to me.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• After you cut a slit in the stock nozzles(they are only very thin plastic covers) and peel them off, then you install the new nozzles. You just have to rotate them until they fit correctly.

Comment

• And don't forget there is a left and right nozzle. There is a notch in the top inside that fits into the coordinating notch in the foam.
                Pat

Comment

• 8S on the way!!! Finally after staring at out of stock for MONTHS!!
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Happy Fathers Day Fathers! A little Fathers Day Sortie for good measure...

My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I’ve snapped my second front gear connecting pin in as many flights, my landings, although less than perfect have not seemed violent enough to cause this to break. Both have been in grass, and neither has caused any damage to the airframe or servo connection area. I’m perfectly willing to accept the fact I need to clean up my landings, but I know I’m not the only one experiencing this. If you’ve had your front landing gear connecting pin shear, please weigh in and explain The conditions where yours was broken

Comment

• Mine snapped on it's third flight at TiredIron Aviation where we went after Joe Nall got cancelled. Not a particularly hard landing but a little rougher than I prefer of course. No damage to the plane but all I had to fix it were some Flight Line RC 1600mm Spritfire wheel axles. After a slight modification with a Dremel to lengthen the flat and a file to make the head smaller so it would rotate freely in the trunion I was back in business. They are not hardened and will bend in a hard landing so just be careful.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          Mine snapped on it's third flight at TiredIron Aviation were we went after Joe Nall got cancelled. Not a particularly hard landing but a little rougher than I prefer of course. No damage to the plane but all I had to fix it were some Flight Line RC 1600mm Spritfire wheel axles. After a slight modification with a Dremel to lengthen the flat and a file to make the head smaller so it would rotate freely in the trunion I was back in business. They are not hardened and will bend in a hard landing so just be careful.
                          This same fix works on the A-10 as well.
                          TiredIron Aviation
                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• You guys know the nose gear is not supposed to touch down first, right? Just checkin.

Comment

• Of course. Can't say it did or didn't but it did snap the strut pin.

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                                You guys know the nose gear is not supposed to touch down first, right? Just checkin.
                                Good one...

I’m only asking because I find it unusual for part of the strut assembly to fail, while causing no damage to the aluminum strut or the attachment to the airframe

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	35521035_10217168863912478_5982834235818377216_n.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	137561Click image for larger version

Name:	35694864_10217168863472467_7682749877456994304_n.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	137562
                                  AMA 1102566

Comment

• The A-10 strut pins are the same way and there was a rash of snapped pins it seemed for awhile and now you don't hear hardly anything about them snapping anymore. A harder than desired landing, even mains first, can still snap the pin as it is hardened and brittle and as such I believe it is designed for that purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkumaZeto View Post
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	35521035_10217168863912478_5982834235818377216_n.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	137561Click image for larger version

Name:	35694864_10217168863472467_7682749877456994304_n.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	137562
                                      Those are going to look soo good in my F-4J static display cockpit! Thanks a bunch Ben! Excellent job as usual.

Comment

• It appears that FW is using the same material in the F-4 nose strut as they did with the A-10 nose strut which is a brittle material that appears to serve as the sacrificial part of that assembly to save the rest during excessive stresses.
                                        It seems that this material is reacting to less than excessive stresses.
                                        Even though I never snapped one on my A-10, personally believe that it is a little too brittle thus I used the TIA alternative of the Spitfire axle before the snap occurred for more robust turf action. ;)
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                        X