X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you again Sean!
    By all means, you too!

BTW, is George coming? And to stay on topic, is he bringing an F-4?

Sean

Comment

• Unfortunately George is not making this trip. I will miss him.. :Crying: But I am looking forward to warmer weather and some good flying and fellowship! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Unfortunately George is not making this trip. I will miss him.. :Crying: But I am looking forward to warmer weather and some good flying and fellowship! :Cool:
        Don't be spooning with anyone else;)
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Don't be spooning with anyone else;)
          Sometimes I think you are 3/4 crazy. :Silly:

Comment

• My F4, VMFA-451 Warlords almost done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crucianpilot View Post
              My F4, VMFA-451 Warlords almost done!
              CCP, Wow! What a great livery (thought hard on that one myself). :Cool::Cool: Bravo Zulu, sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Crucianpilot View Post
                My F4, VMFA-451 Warlords almost done!
                Nice job and beautiful livery. Welcome to HS!

Comment

• -51 where I live. Northern Illinois is shut down today. F4 is out of the shop and ready to go!

Word of the wise, if you're using aluminum tape, make sure it firmly in place. My maiden was not so great after the fan blew up a portion of the tape which occluded one of the exhaust nozzles. I'll do some high intensity tests before the next flight!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Stay safe there Bro!!! Just too cold. Dang. :Cold: F-4 looks nice!!! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Great weathering on that F-4. I'm still afraid to try that. There are some amazing modelers on this Sqwak. Stay warm!

Comment

• That was my second attempt. It's a little thick in some places but overall I think the jet looks pretty cool. I'd recommend thinning the black/brown to more of a dark gray/black. This will allow for more layers and IMO a more realistic weathered look.

Comment

• It takes some guts to do to a new model, but if you airbrush the panel lines on too thick or dark, use 0000 steel wool and rub in the airflow direction and give it a gentle scrub. It blends everything in and dulls the paint too.... All good effects on a worn flat finish. CAUTION! Blow all the metal dust from the steel wool off with an air compressor. Make sure it doesn't get in the radio compartment or the magnets (in your motor and such!!!) I usually do the rub down before I install the radio and remove the motor and ESC just to be safe, then give it a once-over with the airhose….

Comment

• I need a crashed or discarded foamie to practice on. I'm sure I'll supply at least one to that count this year!

Comment

• You could always pick up a scratch and dent item from MRC. Or even post something for folks that crashed their plane to bits. I think Aros wrapped his F22 around a pole recently.....

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                You could always pick up a scratch and dent item from MRC. Or even post something for folks that crashed their plane to bits. I think Aros wrapped his F22 around a pole recently.....
                                Aros should know better than to mess with them there poles. LOL That's a loose, loose situation. JK

Woody

Scratch & Dent, not to great of deals. Watch the classifieds here, some times really good deals to be had. But if you want something cheep and durable get yourself a TopRC A-1 Pnp. 75 Bucks at most outlets.

Really love them Phantom's. Ahh yes I will be painting my tail hook. In around 1976 a safety memo went out to the Navy in it's entirety that all tail hooks will be painted black and white. Admittedly I see Many Phantom picts with them not painted. At the time the Navy had a few Tail hook related deaths. Fact is the tail hook is deployed with about 2500 PSI of hydraulic force. So anything or anyone that may have been standing under it when it was deployed on the deck would be, and in fact were killed. The reason for the black and white paint, to provide a visual aid to ensure no one walks under it, ever.

Somehow the Phantoms got around it, probably because the jet exhaust blew right on the tail hook is my guess. But I have seen serviceable phantoms on the ramps with painted tail hooks with my own eyes. Just couldn't find any pictures, I suppose that makes me a big fibber. LOL Actually I could care less, just sayin. W

Comment

• I just meant he could pick up a wing or stab or something to practice on. Not a whole plane LOL

Comment

I just meant he could pick up a wing or stab or something to practice on. Not a whole plane LOL
                                    Guess I should pay more attention. My sincere apologies. Doing many different things at once.

Woody

Comment

• Big swap meet here in Dayton next month. I may grab something just to practice on. There's always plenty of candidates at this one.

Comment

F4 is out of the shop and ready to go!
                                        PPG, She looks outstanding! Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                          Big swap meet here in Dayton next month. I may grab something just to practice on. There's always plenty of candidates at this one.
                                          If you can't find anything, I have some stuff to send you Bro!! Let me know!

Comment

Working...
                                          X