Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This video clearly shows the result of a asymmetrical Afterburner Glow, and the reason why I am seeking a nice twin setup with x2 LED Arrays for matched lighting output in the cans !!! Viewer Discretion is Advised !!!

A full-on aerobatic performance by the Collings Foundation's Vietnam War era F-4 Phantom II at the 2009 Thunder Over Michigan Airshow. The F-4 was used by b...

Comment

• the right engine was blowing a good amount of smoke and appeared it was the only one glowing. Possible it was the good engine and the one not smoking was actually suffering some mechanical problems.

Comment

• BBR, Or vice versa. Consider, as well, the engine requirement of each in terms of RPM and thrust. One engine might run at a higher throttle setting in order to produce the same thrust/rpm levels. Not uncommon. Also, the engine lit up is also smoking, so this A/C might even have 2 different engines models. Regardless it is a great vid and I'm just thinking of the cost to keep that A/C flying, outrageous. Think I'll make a donation. Let's see $50.00 could probably pay for enough Windex to clean the canopy for a couple days. LOL LOL LOL Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Wo-B, I like it!! LOL LOL LOL Do you use a Laser Printer for your decals? What's your process? Best, LB
          Yes, I do it with a Laser Printer. Using also those red end blue Decal Liquids MICROSOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BreakX101 View Post
            Does anyone know of a 3d print nose wheel support for the f4? much like the one for the a-10 to make up for slop.
            With the nose wheel going down and forward when extended how would a support help? The L-39 for example goes down and back when extended so a support works on it as well as the Avanti and F-22, etc.

Comment

• Well Now,.. Got the Operating TailHook Mod pretty much done. The Spring Rebound System I am installing will allow for Ground Contact (Inadvertent) resulting in minimal Damage to the Hook, Linkages and Servo. Some Contact Wear is to be expected on the ContactShoe and therefore, they are replaceable . Hey LB,.. Awesomeness here Man.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190214_115655.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	179403 URock !! ThankAagain

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                Well Now,.. Got the Operating TailHook Mod pretty much done. The Spring Rebound System I am installing will allow for Ground Contact (Inadvertent) resulting in minimal Damage to the Hook, Linkages, and Servo. Some Contact Wear is to be expected on the ContactShoe and therefore, they are replaceable. Hey LB,... Awesomeness here Man...URock !! ThankAagain
                BBR, :Cool:You did a magnificent job with actuating the pivot arm. My Congrats to you, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Also, like the reinforcement of the fuse at the hinge line. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BBR, :Cool:You did a magnificent job with actuating the pivot arm. My Congrats to you, Sir. Bravo Zulu. Also, like the reinforcement of the fuse at the hinge line. Best, LB

Well Sir,.. My success here with the Hook Mod is merely a reflection of Your skills an Your outstanding work on this. ThankAagain

Comment

• Afterburner is next !! Working on a Twin AB Setup for the Jet that will produce a very Bright and Uniform Set of LED Projections within each Exhaust Can with no Central Blacked-Out Spot !! I believe I am getting closer to realizing this. More to follow on that. Click image for larger version  Name:	tumblr_nlvqq7wci71thnmmgo1_1280.jpg.cf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.0 KB ID:	179485Click image for larger version  Name:	11880197646_ec12f01320_b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	179486Click image for larger version  Name:	6ac67014570b3455535b84ac06d10c63.jpg.cf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	179487Click image for larger version  Name:	tumblr_mwlpw8jBXf1r5bk8qo3_1280.jpg.cf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.7 KB ID:	179488 Exciting Stuff !!! Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Prior to the minor mishap during my scale flight attempt my F-4J was able to garner the Best Static Score Scale Jet award at eJet Fest International in Lakeland, FL.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190210_080412.jpg Views:	0 Size:	280.2 KB ID:	178488
                      Steve,
                      What did you use to accentuate your panel lines on your F4? Fine felt tip marker? And did you use some sort of flexible straight edge for the long straight lines? I like that look.
                      Thanks, Travis

Comment

• New 80mm F-4 from... Eflite????

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          New 80mm F-4 from... Eflite????
                          Sure looks to be a new Foamie F-4 in 80mm ... We shall see ! ExcitingStuff

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post

Steve,
                            What did you use to accentuate your panel lines on your F4? Fine felt tip marker? And did you use some sort of flexible straight edge for the long straight lines? I like that look.
                            Thanks, Travis
                            Thank you Travis. All I did was use a fine paint brush to paint very watered down Burnt Umber Acrylic paint into the panel lines then with a dry paper towel, wiped back or down to streak it a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Thank you Travis. All I did was use a fine paint brush to paint very watered down Burnt Umber Acrylic paint into the panel lines then with a dry paper towel, wiped back or down to streak it a little.
                              Awesome! Thank you

Comment

• Bobaroo.

What you need to do is just fit a center burner from Chris (RCGeek), but before you refit the fan unit back into the air frame, after fitting the burner, line the rear edf exhaust area behind the fan unit with sticky backed chrome tin foil. That's what reflects the light and give the "all over" afterburner effect.

Hope this helps,

Gordon Fraser.
                                U.K.

Comment

• That's not my own personally invented tip. I got that one from one of Mr RC Jet Dude's many "how too" video's. It works really well.

Comment

New 80mm F-4 from... Eflite????
                                    What is your source on that please?

Comment

• Poste on RCG, back cover of the latest AMA magazine, confirmed by eflite. Release will be on the 25th.

Welcome to the squawk

Comment

Poste on RCG, back cover of the latest AMA magazine, confirmed by eflite. Release will be on the 25th.

Welcome to the squawk
                                        Ok thanks!

Comment

• Wow, you guys must get that issue early. I have the February issue and cannot find anything on the new issue on the AMA website.

Comment

Working...
                                          X