X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by samiam1204 View Post
    I’m having an issue during final approach where the nose drops straight down. It’s happened both during the turn to final, and while coming in straight. In either case the gear and flaps are deployed. Thankfully, I was able to pull out of the dive and save the plane. Just wondering if anyone has seen this as a tendency of the FW F-4, and what suggestions you may have to prevent it.
    Was it an all if a sudden violent dive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Awesome !! Someday you may... and hopefully there will be no costly surprises for you when it does. Cheers !!
      Next time out I'll try chopping the throttle at a safe alltitude and see what happens.

Comment

• F-4 Front A/C & Electronics Intake Scoops. I like the cleaner front profile. Can you say, Да, я Миг Хантер (Da, ya Mig Khanter) or Yes, I am a Mig Hunter. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115a.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	186139
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Masterful LB !!! I bet you could get those Scoops to Whistle a little on that upcoming HighSpeed Dive of yours on the Maiden..... When, is that Maiden comin' again ...?? Hahahaha.
          I'm Kidding !!! No Rush ! Take your time ... We all can wait patiently for it ! Really, no pressure here ! None at All !!! I'm 'not gonna say another word about it !! Really Hahahaha Cheers !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
            Masterful LB !!! I bet you could get those Scoops to Whistle a little on that upcoming HighSpeed Dive of yours on the Maiden..... When, is that Maiden comin' again ...?? Hahahaha.
            I'm Kidding !!! No Rush ! Take your time ... We all can wait patiently for it ! Really, no pressure here ! None at All !!! I'm 'not gonna say another word about it !! Really Hahahaha Cheers !!
            BBR, Crackin' me up, Laddie. The pressure is that you are now becoming the little voice in my head. :Scared::Scared: Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Ha!! :Silly:

Comment

• Hey guys would this edf unit be a viable upgrade for the 6S F-4?

Comment

• Hey guys, whare you guys getting for flight times w/ what battery? Thanks!
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                    Hey guys, whare you guys getting for flight times w/ what battery? Thanks!
                    4:30 on 8s jetfan 90mm
                    8s 2x 4s 5000mah 50c

Comment

• May I ask?
                      What is the motor you use for 8s jetfan 90mm? Thanks!

Comment

• 700-68-1500 in my F-4 and 400-68-1680 in my F-22.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
                          Hey guys would this edf unit be a viable upgrade for the 6S F-4?

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...inrunner-motor
                          Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post

Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?
                            I would say yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by VNAF1972 View Post
                              May I ask?
                              What is the motor you use for 8s jetfan 90mm? Thanks!
                              700-68-1500

I purchased from Gary at Efflux RC
                              had him assemble and balance,not the cheapest but to me is worth it.

Comment

• Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to repair this dent I made in my canopy hatch? Just wondering if there is anything other than filling, sanding and repainting.
                                Thanks, Travis
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                  Do any of you guys have any ideas on how to repair this dent I made in my canopy hatch? Just wondering if there is anything other than filling, sanding and repainting.
                                  Thanks, Travis
                                  TM, I've had pretty good luck with 'hot' water from the tap (130F) to straighten the foam and since this part is mobile I'd start there. As far repairing it after that, I've been using 'Micro-Balloons' mixed with paint (latex or acrylic paint that I am using to cover the airframe, though I suppose solvent-based paint would work as well) Work fairly quickly as the balloons pull moisture from the paint and you might need to do a couple of layers. Afterward, I wet sand with 400-600 wet or dry. Let us know how it goes no matter what technique you use. :Cool:Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks, LB. I did the hot tap water trick and it pulled the dent out substantially. I put a little filler in what was left and I will sand and paint it when dry. I took a stabilator half to Lowes a while back and had them mix up some of the grey. It matches very well. Once this is fixed the thing is done, finally...

Comment

• Finally Done !! ... Now there's a Term I've never Self Applied over here !!! Hahahahaha

Comment

• Well, at least done ready to maiden that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                                          Well, at least done ready to maiden that is.
                                          Hahahahaha ... I hear ya. Flew mine again this afternoon, another x8 Batteries through the Jet. I've got a Great FlyingSite for these. Hopefully you've got a good one also.
                                          Maintenance is 'Killing Me' on the one. It's usually something small, one of the Front LED's losing a wire, GoonieBurner wire disconnected, HookMod Servo out, About ready for some New Tires, gonna Change Out that nose gear ConnectingPin before the next outing. Installation of the DualieBurner going in this weekend as well during the DownTime since we've got Rain expected.

Also got Ordnance to assemble and Paint thanks to one of my Favorite Squawker's and fellow RCGroupie, busy weekend ahead for the FW F-4. GL on your 'Maiden'. Cheers !!

Comment

Working...
                                          X