Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam it Bob!!!! Just can't help it!!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I have no clue, since mine is still in the box.... Just jerking the chain Bro.... ;)

Comment

• And unless the poly has some lead or titanium in it, it should all be pretty close to the same mass!!!! :Thinking:

Comment

• ...or it the can wasn't stirred !!! And the first one got all the light stuff like the Thinners and Solvents and the Second one got all that thick Stuff like Polymers and Sediments from the bottom of the can... !!!! Hehehehe
        ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
          ...or it the can wasn't stirred !!! And the first one got all the light stuff like the Thinners and Solvents and the Second one got all that thick Stuff like Polymers and Sediments from the bottom of the can... !!!! Hehehehe
          ​​​​​​
          I know, this was very strange. Stirred the can very well before applying and in fact "painted" them both at the same time, so each got the same "stir". Only difference between the two is the blue angel has the home depot ultra coat primer and paint and it seemed to "soak it up" a little more than the stock paint. The blue angel was able to take it a little thicker without running, so I think there is "more" on that plane than the stock.

The CG at 140mm was the manual recommendation. My elevator is zero'd at the recommended neutral position and I have 8 "clicks" of up elevator trim to keep it level, so it is still a bit nose heavy. I have about 25 flights on it in this position but my next flight I am moving the battery back about 10mm at a time to gauge the reaction. Let you know what happens. I would think the CG at 195 would result in a very tail heavy bird, but if you like it and it flies like that, so much the better. I image landing at a high alpha would be much easier the way you have it. I generally don't like nose heavy planes but just wanted to be careful with this as I'm not really a jet guy (yet). All my Extreme Flight planes are balanced at least 20 mm back of neutral CG, but those planes fly 3D much better that way. The Extreme Flight guys tell you to put the plane in an inverted climb at about 45 degrees and if it maintains direction until climbing quite high, that's where you want it. But I suspect these warbirds and jets are just a "horse of a different color".:Thinking:
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• :Cool::):):):):):):):Thinking:

Comment

• It's 'AllGood' if it's working for you and you're happy with the way it's flying !! I've got a NozzleMod on mine and that changed things a bit, both in cg and Stab Indexing. I found it necessary to change both of those to get a better balance out of mine after the Nozzles were Drooped !! I'm happy with it on the ShortNosed FW F-4's, although I will will have to fly the No.2 with the E-Model NoseJob installed and see where that one ends up before I adjust those Cans... Then I'll make the adjustments on it if necessary. I may even put a little more Droop into this one as there's still a very slight 'Dip' going on still upon Throttle Chop from FullThrottle. Cheers Post a picture of your Neutral Stabs sometime if you can for reference. Love the 'Glossy' Paint !! Looking Awesome !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E4DG, I am right at this point in my build and will duplicate your work. Thanks for the tip and the pics. Best, LB
                I am always on the look out for those older digital JR servos.... ;) I am using 2 JR 4131's for the elevators on my F-14!
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

These are Very Unusual findings indeed. Assuming the same technique and volume of product were applied to two identical objects, one would expect nearly identical mass transfer and cg shift from both of them.

Are you flying this at a cg of 140mm ? Can I ask, where your Neutral FFStab is indexing with that cg. Reason being, I've been flying at 195mm and have a great looking FFStab Indexing going on back there for my 195mm !! Believe me, I am not trying to initiate a Full-On Raging cg Jihad here !! Just looking to see a Flyable/Working Stab indexing at that 140mm cg. Thanks !

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG95201903299511465795708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.8 KB ID:	188045Click image for larger version Name:	IMG95201903299511471095189.jpg Views:	0 Size:	270.2 KB ID:	188046
                  Sorry, you need to learn, like everyone else has, that I usually don't know what the hell I'm saying. I'm not flying my F-4 at 140mm as I said, but at the 190mm as per the manual. Just finished coating 9 planes and verifying CG's and why I "remembered" 140 I'll never know. Early Alzheimer's I guess, so we are both flying it at about the same CG as my next flight I'm moving the battery back 5-10mm to see how that flies, then I'll be sympatico with you.

The mystery is still why only 2 of the 9 planes I coated with Spar Urethane had any change in CG at all. My Spitfire and Corsair, no difference, and 1 of the F-4's no difference. The other plane that changed was my Olive B-24. The silver B-24 I have stayed identical though. I actually had to add 1 ounce to the tail, of all places (I used to fly both with 2 4000mah batteries all the way aft). Both B-24's are absolutely identical, servo and gunner in the front, servo and gunner up top, redone cockpit with pilot and co-pilot and both with the Aspire card and 2 TT-25's in the exact location. I've checked each one that ended up different 4 times all with the same result, and I'm using the Great Planes CG Machine which has always been pretty accurate for me. All planes were painted with the same can, stirred the same way and applied at the same time (for the duplicate planes). I'm just not smart enough to figure out why. I no doubt will recheck the CG on those planes several more times, but right now I'm at a loss for the explanation.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here's a photo of the elevator, looks like it is showing a few more mm in up elevator, which makes sense as my current CG is about 5mm forward of yours.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hahahahaha,... I think the 'Fumes' may have gotten to you there 'Wildman' !!!
                      Looking at that photo of your Stab Indexing, I've got you a few mm Up in the Front making you Down in the Back !!! My Nozzles are giving me the extra Down Compensation you've got trimmed into yours. Mine were very similar before the NozzleMod ! It's AllGood !! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thank you. I'm a VO type flier, I like to use all the airspace I can for different jet aerobatics, with in reason. Just having fun. However for the first few flights I'll be a AO flier to get use to the jet/plane. I do fine grey aircraft can be tricky, don't know how some guys take the planes so far out. Then again I've only been flying since Nov. 18' I've enjoy learning so much.
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_185024.jpg
Views:	819
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	188224 'DuallyBurner' successfully installed on the FW F-4C today. I am very pleased with the results !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_185032.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	188223

Comment

• .......... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_185024_1.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	188226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_185024.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	188227Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_184545.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	240.2 KB
ID:	188228

Comment

• BBR, Beautiful work and I like the AB touch. Best, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey,... Thanks LB....YaKnow, for some of us, it really is a Fun Jet to Trick-Out !!! Soooooooo many details to work with. Flying it is really just a Bonus !!! Hahahahaha. Cheers !!

Comment

• BBR Outstanding work, you really know how to take it to the next level. I'm sure we all (at least me) are just a bit envious of your work. Keep it up, that's what makes this so much fun, especially when the weather is bad and we have to keep the birds in the hangar.:Cool:
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thx 'Wildman',.. Ubetcha !!! Operable Canopies are up Next in the Queue ... frightening as they are !!! Hahahahaha

Comment

Thx 'Wildman',.. Ubetcha !!! Operable Canopies are up Next in the Queue ... frightening as they are !!! Hahahahaha
                                      OMG, nothing gets in your way, remarkable. I think with the next plane I get I'm going to have it shipped directly to you, and when your finished, I'll come get it. When do you put in the retractable wings?LOL
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

OMG, nothing gets in your way, remarkable. I think with the next plane I get I'm going to have it shipped directly to you, and when your finished, I'll come get it. When do you put in the retractable wings?LOL
                                        You're talking about a Wing Fold Mechanism ??? NoProblemo Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170503_094227.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	188394 Hahahahaha

Comment

• Now your just showing off. I quit.:Crying: There's no way to even come close in keeping up to you. :Angry: How do you even have time to fly? You need to start developing planes for FL.:Cool:
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X