Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys! Check out this chase video with this plane and the Freewing MiG-21 I took at last year's Warbirds Over Whatcom event.

Comment

• Yes, I keep looking at that video to see what I did wrong/different today on my final approach --- broke my first nose gear pin on the F-4 !

Comment

• I am sorry to hear that man :(

Comment

• I got my second flight under my belt. I just flew patterns, so no aerobatics. Still feeling her out. Got video from my Soloshot 3. I am surprised how much more power this plane seems to have than my 90mm F-16. Both are the stock 6s setups.

Comment

• Hey All, I have the RC Geek AB Lighting for my F-4. My question is are most of you using a 7.2 volt battery or are you using a BEC to light these things? If you're using a BEC, which model? Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              Hey All, I have the RC Geek AB Lighting for my F-4. My question is are most of you using a 7.2 volt battery or are you using a BEC to light these things? If you're using a BEC, which model? Best, LB
              I have mine wired to pin 1 and 3 of the main battery balance plug. It eliminates the extra weight of a second battery or a second ubec.

Comment

• APM1, Will do, thank you, great idea, sir. Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• APmech, that’s because the F-16 is a heavy pig...

i use BECs to power AB lights. If you tap off the balance lead after a while those two cells start to read different than the others. I really notice it on planes I tap off for my FPV.

Comment

• Y'all, Big thanks to apmech 1. I now have the AB's working to warm things up. All that is left is the 'matte' coat and it is just too wet and cold to do that today.I will post some pics to Callie's Page once that matte finish is completed. These pics are by Tammy and her new iphone, Woohoo.:) Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0003ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	193790 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	1036
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	193792Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2223a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.2 KB ID:	193791
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Y'all, Big thanks to apmech 1. I now have the AB's working to warm things up. All that is left is the 'matte' coat and it is just too wet and cold to do that today.I will post some pics to Callie's Page once that matte finish is completed. These pics are by Tammy and her new iphone, Woohoo.:) Best, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0003ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	193790 Click image for larger version

ID:	193792Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2223a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.2 KB ID:	193791
                      She looks beautiful! Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        APmech, that’s because the F-16 is a heavy pig...

i use BECs to power AB lights. If you tap off the balance lead after a while those two cells start to read different than the others. I really notice it on planes I tap off for my FPV.
                        Good point. But with this set up the only time it draws current is when the AB lights are on. If they aren't on, there isn't any current draw. FPV equipment will draw current the whole flight. I will try to measure the current draw and report back.

Comment

Y'all, Big thanks to apmech 1. I now have the AB's working to warm things up. All that is left is the 'matte' coat and it is just too wet and cold to do that today.I will post some pics to Callie's Page once that matte finish is completed. These pics are by Tammy and her new iphone, Woohoo.:) Best, LB

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0003ab.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	193790 Click image for larger version

ID:	193792Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2223a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	122.2 KB ID:	193791
                          What are you going to use for your matte coat?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                            What are you going to use for your matte coat?
                            PN, First coat is Tree House Matte Coating (Hobby Lobby). It is a soft matte finish. If I like it, I'll add a second coat. If not, I will use Krylon 1311 Matte Finish as this is a very dull finish. I used the Krylon on my Flightline Spitfire/Seafire and it was good with all the weathering. I used the Tree House on my Freewing A-10 and that was perfect for the 'Peanut' scheme. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	932
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	193850
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

PN, First coat is Tree House Matte Coating (Hobby Lobby). It is a soft matte finish. If I like it, I'll add a second coat. If not, I will use Krylon 1311 Matte Finish as this is a very dull finish. I used the Krylon on my Flightline Spitfire/Seafire and it was good with all the weathering. I used the Tree House on my Freewing A-10 and that was perfect for the 'Peanut' scheme. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	932
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	193850
                              Thanks LB!

Comment

• Just wanted to post my Freewing F4J Blue Angel. I just installed the Eagle A3 Pro 6 stabilizer and looking to get a test flight this weekend I hope!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140[1].JPG
Views:	1289
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	194212
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Forgot to mention that I installed the blue and yellow missiles that I made on my 3D printer.... Front 2 are blue, back to are Yellow....

Comment

• Slick repaint TonyF3A! It looks really sharp. Best of luck for your test flight!
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Very nice Tony!

Comment

Hey Y'all, She's on her own feet for the first time. Some soft weathering on the upper fuselage, light touch up, airbrushing the tailhook, and a matte finish coat yet to do. Ordinance is a work in progress. :Whew:Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0163.JPG
Views:	2279
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	192907Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG
Views:	2011
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	192908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0178.JPG
Views:	2058
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	192909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186.JPG
Views:	2090
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	192910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0168.JPG
Views:	2001
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	192911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG
Views:	2100
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	192912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.JPG
Views:	2037
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	192913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG
Views:	2008
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	192914
                                        Elbee it looks beautiful mate!

Woodcock

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyF3A View Post
                                          Just wanted to post my Freewing F4J Blue Angel. I just installed the Eagle A3 Pro 6 stabilizer and looking to get a test flight this weekend I hope!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140[1].JPG
Views:	1289
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	194212
                                          Super Nice Tony!! Love the Blue Angels F4. Finally flew mine last week for the first time (been on the shelf for 5 months-been too busy flying the new Corsair and the Camo F4). Looks like you used the "official" Blue Angels Blue. I love it. I ended up using a lighter blue, the Ultra Cover Satin "Ink Blue", then coated both F-4's with 5 coats of gloss Spar Urethane. I installed the AR636 with gyro in both planes and it settled them down noticeably. The Blue Angel F-4 needed 2 additional ounces of weight in the nose with the extra paint/primer/urethane, and I noticed it ended up with about 90% of the climbing power of the base F4, but I don't have to worry about any MIG's trying to shoot me down, so who cares.:Whew: Thinking about getting the F-18 Hornet Blue Angel, but I think I like the looks of the F4 better (probably because I already have one and may be too cheap to get a 2nd Blue Angel).:f4phantom
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X