Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering at what CG are you guys flying the F4? On my bird at the recommended CG I can’t get it to balance with 6s 5000 battery, it’s tail heavy. I can’t move the battery fwd because of the foam on the canopy. I guess I’ll just have to add some lead to the nose.

Comment

• I finally decided I need this plane, but I don't know if it'll work on my runway. I have around 230ft of softball field with fences on each side of the strip. If you think I can get this gorgeous plane off the ground and to a stop let me know, please.

Comment

• OK gentlemen she's DONE ... well I am still painting the Jet Hanger Pilots. :-) But the airframe and detailing is complete and she is clear-coated. She is a replacement for my original. I will be adding a Jeti assist receiver and a MUI to track battery telemetry.

I have a second set of Tanks that I am painting bright orange for the maiden.

May get a second "ARF" and try out a FMS 90 or one of those slick JP Hobby fans.... If I do get a second it will be BONE STOCK!
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
          OK gentlemen she's DONE ... well I am still painting the Jet Hanger Pilots. :-) But the airframe and detailing is complete and she is clear-coated. She is a replacement for my original. I will be adding a Jeti assist receiver and a MUI to track battery telemetry.

May get a second "ARF" and try out a FMS 90 or one of those slick JP Hobby fans.... If I do get a second it will be BONE STOCK!
          Now that is a work of art

Comment

OK gentlemen she's DONE ... well I am still painting the Jet Hanger Pilots. :-) But the airframe and detailing is complete and she is clear-coated. She is a replacement for my original. I will be adding a Jeti assist receiver and a MUI to track battery telemetry.

Looks nice, what did you use for the clear coat?

Comment

• Wow Gunner, that is 1st class!! Nice work

Comment

• Thanks boys! I do Love this hobby and community intensely !!
                Clear coat! ....... and other paint details.
                Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Looks awesome gunner!

Comment

OK gentlemen she's DONE...
                    E4DG, WOW!! You must be one proud Papa. :)She is truly Phantastic. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I hope I don't regret this. In regards to the weathering of "US Navy Planes". During normal ops, IE on land! Did you know our planes got thoroughly washed every single week! Wheel wells de-greased cleaned top to bottom? I've seen many weathering jobs here, and they all look nice. But when I looked at the planes in real life many just don't look realistic to me. They all look good in there own rights, it's obvious lots of work and thought have went into them all.

In addition, the various shops in a squadron is always touching up the paint here and there. So as you would figure there always seemed to be a bit of a mish mash paint matching in the planes over all. The planes always looked good and well maintained on the Connie, I can't speak for any other as I wasn't there. So the planes would always be gray, but subtle differences in the tone and shine from panel to panel. Ya know like the paint didn't quit match in different areas of the plane, because new paint was always being added in one spot or another.

Once we were at sea for a few weeks, the corrosion control folks would paint all the seems and probable places where the salt spray could cause a corrosion problem with a brown pine tar like stuff. I heard it was hard to get off after the deployment. Cleaning for days.

By the way E4, your plane looks awesome.

The Grey Ghost is next on my list to buy. Kinda disappointing they're not any PNP's left except for the High Performance ones. So probably going to get an ARF. Been a long wait, been wanting one of these since 1975.

Best Regards
                      Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post
                        I was wondering at what CG are you guys flying the F4? On my bird at the recommended CG I can’t get it to balance with 6s 5000 battery, it’s tail heavy. I can’t move the battery fwd because of the foam on the canopy. I guess I’ll just have to add some lead to the nose.
                        If you're using the newer Admiral 5000 6S packs, they're around 3oz lighter than previous packs. I've had a similar issue with my Flightline Spitfire and was scratching my head until I weighed the packs.
                        A friend had the same thing with his F-4 and 262.
                        It's an easy fix.... just add 3oz with the battery!;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                          In regards to the weathering of "US Navy Planes". During normal ops, IE on land! Did you know our planes got thoroughly washed every single week! Best Regards, Woody
                          Woody, ;) Thank you for this as you have just made my CAG variant version faster to complete, i.e., no harsh weathering.:Scared: Wasn't going to do much anyway, but had to weather the thrust end of the office and will 'soot' it all a bit when I add the empennage. Glad to read you're going to build an F-4. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	615
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	171384
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• If you watch the Pilot Ryan flight review, on MRC, you see that he cut the bottom of the cockpit hatch and glued a card to it. This allowed the battery to go all the way forward. When he roughly balanced it on the video, it was in the middle of the cg range. Don't know if you want to alter the cockpit, but I did and my F4, balances at the forward cg point, as this is where I want to start to fly. Take a look and see what you think.

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post

If you're using the newer Admiral 5000 6S packs, they're around 3oz lighter than previous packs. I've had a similar issue with my Flightline Spitfire and was scratching my head until I weighed the packs.
                              A friend had the same thing with his F-4 and 262.
                              It's an easy fix.... just add 3oz with the battery!;)
                              Another Idea would be to remove a bit of foam from the front of the bottom of the canopy ( basically the foam hook ) that keeps the front of the canopy in place, this should allow you to move the batteries forward with out adding weight.

well there you go.... I should read everything shouldn't I ..LOL Great minds....

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                I hope I don't regret this. In regards to the weathering of "US Navy Planes". During normal ops, IE on land! Did you know our planes got thoroughly washed every single week! Wheel wells de-greased cleaned top to bottom? I've seen many weathering jobs here, and they all look nice. But when I looked at the planes in real life many just don't look realistic to me. They all look good in there own rights, it's obvious lots of work and thought have went into them all.

In addition, the various shops in a squadron is always touching up the paint here and there. So as you would figure there always seemed to be a bit of a mish mash paint matching in the planes over all. The planes always looked good and well maintained on the Connie, I can't speak for any other as I wasn't there. So the planes would always be gray, but subtle differences in the tone and shine from panel to panel. Ya know like the paint didn't quit match in different areas of the plane, because new paint was always being added in one spot or another.

Once we were at sea for a few weeks, the corrosion control folks would paint all the seems and probable places where the salt spray could cause a corrosion problem with a brown pine tar like stuff. I heard it was hard to get off after the deployment. Cleaning for days.

By the way E4, your plane looks awesome.

The Grey Ghost is next on my list to buy. Kinda disappointing they're not any PNP's left except for the High Performance ones. So probably going to get an ARF. Been a long wait, been wanting one of these since 1975.

Best Regards
                                Woody
                                Hey Woodcock! Thanks a bunch bro!
                                I am so effen new to this. :-) I was just happy I got something passable. You speak the TRUTH sir. To achieve the true realism you speak of I would need much more time in the 'weathering" saddle.
                                I got lucky to a certain extent, I just massaged it until it looked ok.. there were many many " OH SH*T moments . Now what you speak of ( If I am reading it right) is a purposeful mastery and a well detailed pre-imagined plan coming to fruition. I am working on it :-) and having a ball!

Comment

• I finally decided I need this plane, but I don't know if it'll work on my runway. I have around 230ft of softball field with fences on each side of the strip. If you think I can get this gorgeous plane off the ground and to a stop let me know, please.

Comment

• I'd say you are good!
                                    This is footage of a beautiful Freewing F-4 Phantom II 90mm EDF Jet at Warbirds Over Whatcom with full ordinance off grass. The pilot Robert flew it beautifu...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                      I finally decided I need this plane, but I don't know if it'll work on my runway. I have around 230ft of softball field with fences on each side of the strip. If you think I can get this gorgeous plane off the ground and to a stop let me know, please.
                                      :Confused:as to why you're even considering this while at the same time requesting recommendations for a trainer 64mm EDF over on the 105 thread:Straight-Face:
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                        I finally decided I need this plane
                                        Gc, I like the way you think. I know I have bought and built kits that were over my head a bit... still do somewhat but "C'est la vie" it's a hobby after all and if not for building dream machines and the F-4 was high on that list for me, what would we have? Kind of like owning a race-ready Ferrari, you know you'll drive it some day, I would anyway. I say go for it. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

:Confused: as to why you're even considering this while at the same time requesting recommendations for a trainer 64mm EDF over on the 105 thread:Straight-Face:
                                          I just want to know what would be best and kinda compile a list of things I can fly on my field.
                                          I know its dumb but I get obsessive over things like this. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X