Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190122_220721.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	173869
      Nice Cans! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
        Nose is now painted. Ready for graphics.

Name:	IMG_20190122_220848.jpg
Views:	766
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	173867

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190122_221030.jpg Views:	1 Size:	323.7 KB ID:	173861
        You are the King of cool mods Steve. Nice!

Comment

A little airbrush work and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles.
          RCJD, Now those are some dirty nozzles. Bravo Zulu, ;) Sir. Best, lB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Another shot of the cans.
            Gorgeous !!! NiceWork !

You know of anyone out there working on a 3DP TailHook for this one yet ?? We sure could use an Upgrade there as well. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Gorgeous !!! NiceWork !

You know of anyone out there working on a 3DP TailHook for this one yet ?? We sure could use an Upgrade there as well. Cheers
              Not aware of anyone working on such. Plenty if talent out there to do so though.

Comment

.. ..Plenty if talent out there to do so though.
                Yes,... I Agree !!

Comment

BBR, Page 143, this forum. Will post final pics when completed. Method and stl files, too. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

BBR, Page 143, this forum. Will post final pics when completed. Method and stl files, too. Best, LB
                    Ahhhhhh .. Yes I see that one. I remember you posting there were revisions in the works on that. Can those Tips be made as a separate part (Replaceable) on there ?? I can see them getting Ground Down upon Landing ... also is there a way to make it in Left and Right halves so the center of the hook can house a Hardened Beam of CarbonFiber or Plywood ?? That would make it Perfect for my signature Hook Down Landings !! I use a light Compression reflex spring on the Control Rod so there is Downward Pressure on the Hook yet I get a bunch of travel out of it when deployed. Mixing Hook to Flaps works great and with some creative Programming, I can get it to drop only with Full Flaps, leaving my TakeOff Flap setting relatively 'HookLess' !! Works great !! Looks Cool !! but the Ends get destroyed rather quickly. Please Post what you've got if you can ... Then I'm gonna BugYa to have you make me a couple of them. Cheers

Comment

Ahhhhhh .. Yes I see that one. I remember you posting there were revisions in the works on that. Can those Tips be made as a separate part (Replaceable) on there ?? I can see them getting Ground Down upon Landing ... also is there a way to make it in Left and Right halves so the center of the hook can house a Hardened Beam of CarbonFiber or Plywood ?? That would make it Perfect for my signature Hook Down Landings !! I use a light Compression reflex spring on the Control Rod so there is Downward Pressure on the Hook yet I get a bunch of travel out of it when deployed. Mixing Hook to Flaps works great and with some creative Programming, I can get it to drop only with Full Flaps, leaving my TakeOff Flap setting relatively 'HookLess' !! Works great !! Looks Cool !! but the Ends get destroyed rather quickly. Please Post what you've got if you can ... Then I'm gonna BugYa to have you make me a couple of them. Cheers
                      BBR, You crack up. LOL Yeah, the hook is a separate piece as I was thinking the same thing. (Also, had to go through several 3DP protos to get one that I liked. It is designed in 3 parts: 1) the pivot base (for lack of a better term), 2)Arm, 3)Tailhook. I used a micro servo, sheath/cable with a 'sphere' on the end that slides inside an angled cylinder column in the 3DP pivot base. The pivot base is hinged to the A/C. There is a compression spring in the cylinder that acts as the equalizer and pushes the pivot base down inside the column and gives some 'spring-back' motion for landing. In the up position, the sphere pulls the pivot base flush taking the pressure off the spring. I've got a little servo buzz, so figure I'll use the 'knob' on the TX to activate it. As far as parts, I'm not confident my designs would meet the standards being set here by the likes of DD, apmech1, RCJD, and others. My stuff is a bit clunky in that circle. LOL Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG
Views:	772
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	173961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.JPG
Views:	815
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	173962 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	173963 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.JPG
Views:	786
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	173964 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0013.JPG
Views:	778
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	173965 ​​​​​​​
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

BBR, You crack up. LOL Yeah, the hook is a separate piece as I was thinking the same thing. (Also, had to go through several 3DP protos to get one that I liked. It is designed in 3 parts: 1) the pivot base (for lack of a better term), 2)Arm, 3)Tailhook. I used a micro servo, sheath/cable with a 'sphere' on the end that slides inside an angled cylinder column in the 3DP pivot base. The pivot base is hinged to the A/C. There is a compression spring in the cylinder that acts as the equalizer and pushes the pivot base down inside the column and gives some 'spring-back' motion for landing. In the up position, the sphere pulls the pivot base flush taking the pressure off the spring. I've got a little servo buzz, so figure I'll use the 'knob' on the TX to activate it. As far as parts, I'm not confident my designs would meet the standards being set here by the likes of DD, apmech1, RCJD, and others. My stuff is a bit clunky in that circle. LOL Best, LB

ID:	173962 Click image for larger version

Clunky? Hardly! :Smug:​​​​​​​

Comment

• Hey Dude,

All the Phantom tail hooks I have ever seen, (Key Words, "I have ever seen"). Were painted black and white striped. FYI

Woody

Comment

• NiceOne LB !! That'll work ...Looks like you 'Nailed it' on this one to me !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                              Hey Dude,

All the Phantom tail hooks I have ever seen, (Key Words, "I have ever seen"). Were painted black and white striped. FYI

Woody
                              I think you're mistaken on this one Woody. I've never seen one in anything other than Raw Metal ... Ever !! And I've seen them all !! Hahahaha . Cheers

Comment

I think you're mistaken on this one Woody. I've never seen one in anything other than Raw Metal ... Ever !! And I've seen them all !! Hahahaha . Cheers
                                Well did I say on the ones I have seen! I'll try to post a pic.

Woody

Sometimes it's best to be silent and thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt. LOL

Comment

• It's AllGood Amigo !! ... Most Gray on White Skyhawk TailHooks were usually done that way !! Cheers

Comment

Clunky? Hardly! :Smug:
                                    RDJD, Thank you, Sir. High praise indeed from the guy who believes the word "stock" has nothing to do with aircraft and is more how one would describe live cattle or precedes '& Bonds'. LOLYou are "The Mod-Meister". :Cool: We live in your shadow and do our best. Lovin' your 2nd Phantom. Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                                      Hey Dude,

Woody
                                      FH-1 Phantom has black and white tailhooks. Just saying.

Name:	EFF2789F-C70D-46D3-B8EA-5D4CA7E29904.jpeg
Views:	803
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	174061

This F-4 Phantom some black and white on the tail hook. Again just saying.

Name:	F13D0CA5-CE40-4220-A6F6-232BBEDABD64.jpeg
Views:	849
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	174062

Comment

• Has anyone got any intel on when more Grey Ghosts will be available?

Comment

ID:	173962 Click image for larger version

Flew 3 different Navy versions and no part of the hook was ever painted.
                                          ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                          X