Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't you just love the 3D printed cockpit sets?... ????

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
      Don't you just love the 3D printed cockpit sets?... ????
      They are a pretty easy solution to that Sparsely Detailed Tub that is guaranteed to go GatorJet on you !! I've got some in a few of mine cause they are an easy fix. However, having said that, some of us OldSchool Guyz that are left from the OldSchool days of actually thinking about and setting out to 'Build' our Jets ... actually enjoy building this stuff by hand the 'Old' way out of various stuff we've got set aside for this sort of thing. Time consuming, most certainly, yet intensely gratifying to some.

Are they 3DP-ing those tiny Ships that go in Bottles yet ??

Comment

• Some of us OldSchool Guyz still do it with wood, but foamy's scratch the itch while we're at it and the 3D printed parts scratch it quicker lol ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by meadowhay View Post
          Some of us OldSchool Guyz still do it with wood, but foamy's scratch the itch while we're at it and the 3D printed parts scratch it quicker lol ;)
          They do Indeed !! Sadly, many will never feel that tickle of Balsa Dust deep in the lungs... nor that persistent itch of Fiberglass Splinters around the collar !! These magical things are Gone !! Hahahaha Cheers !

Comment

• Bobaroo.

Please can you tell us what you did to get the rudder off and modified please.
            The mass balance really does need to be there on a phantom rudder.
            I also would like to remove the servo currently in the side of the fin and move that servo to inside the tail cone. I just don't want to destroy the fin and rudder taking the rudder off.
            what exactly did you do yourself ?

Gordon.
            U.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
              Bobaroo.

Please can you tell us what you did to get the rudder off and modified please.
              The mass balance really does need to be there on a phantom rudder.
              I also would like to remove the servo currently in the side of the fin and move that servo to inside the tail cone. I just don't want to destroy the fin and rudder taking the rudder off.
              what exactly did you do yourself ?

Gordon.
              U.K.
              Firstly,.. ThanksMan

​​​​​The rudder need not come off for either Mod. I simply made a Template for the MB. Placed it just below the Factory Hinge. Great location actually. Used a X-Acto Blade and carefully cut out the Part. Once I extracted the Foam Mass Balancer from the Fin I shaved the height, modified the forward edge into a round and stuck a toothpick into it for added rigidity then shifted it rearward to allow for clearance into the Fin and CA'd it to the rudder !! And ....BAM !! it's on there and it looks WaaaaayCool

Rudder Servo and Linkage is easily removed and reposition at the base of the Rudder/Vertical Fin. A simple 'L-Wire' is embedded into the Base of the Rudder and runs in a bushing down below into the Foam Vertical Fin base. Grind a 'Flat' on that 'L-Wire' and attach a metal Steering Arm to it and BAM !!! There's a hidden Rudder Control System attached to the Rudder and embedded in the Removable Fin. TamJets 1:12 F-16Cs have a similar setup although they use a slotted Servo Arm for deflection ... similar to the Slotted Servo Arm Steering Set-Ups on many low-end EDFs.

Similar work has been done here on this 50mm MiG-15 where a x2 piece rudder has been added. Along with some nice little counterweights on the elevators !! It's the little things really.... Enjoy

Comment

• Working on an 'E' model with the help of Jeremy Solt and Tom Mansell. I will be connecting the small strut door next and then some paint. Going to keep it simple with Callie Wreckin' Crew graphics and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles. Will be dropping a JP 8S fan in it as well and then just fly it. I like how it is turning out so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190120_225643.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	314.2 KB
ID:	173515

Name:	IMG_20190120_225702.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	173516

Name:	IMG_20190120_225417.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	173517

Comment

• Bobaroo.

Thanks for your very clear reply.

I do have one further question, and that's how did you navigate the "L rod" past the elevator mechanism, as there is a real problem of confliction between the too.

How did you do it yourself ?

Gordon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordon View Post
                    Bobaroo.

Thanks for your very clear reply.

I do have one further question, and that's how did you navigate the "L rod" past the elevator mechanism, as there is a real problem of confliction between the too.

How did you do it yourself ?

Gordon.

Hey Gordon,.. I apologize for not being clear. I have not yet repositioned the Rudder Servo on this one yet, and actually may not do it at all as it has been done successfully on so many others. It will be done on the next one for sure. I've 'looked it over thoroughly and have concluded there is enough room Above all of that Elevator Business for the 'L-Wire' and servo, or alternatively, shielded cable and ball link method either of which will live completely within the Removable Vertical Fin !!! This Jet I've got here in the works is merely a Testing and Evaluation subject for the various Mods, Pods and Systems etc... kind of a ShakeDown Model if you like to simply work these things out with improvements or duplication played out on Future Models also on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Working on an 'E' model with the help of Jeremy Solt and Tom Mansell. I will be connecting the small strut door next and then some paint. Going to keep it simple with Callie Wreckin' Crew graphics and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles. Will be dropping a JP 8S fan in it as well and then just fly it. I like how it is turning out so far.
                      NiceWork !!! Are these the RCGeek 3DP Parts you've got going on here ?? They look great. I've Shaped up a few E-Model parts in Foam that are awaiting MoldMaking and Glassworks... I may opt for a go at these 3DP parts in the meantime. How does this stuff hold up to the Elements ?? Anyone got anything that's been exposed for any length of time that can attest to the durability of these ? Thanks

Comment

• I printed the parts in ABS. They are designed by Tom Mansell and Jeremy Solt. The front of the chin pod is wider and more squared off than scale but I am not too concerned about it personally. I did fiberglass the inside of the nose cone to give it some additional strength but the parts should hold up very well. I will post a video when I have it completed and functioning.

Comment

I printed the parts in ABS. They are designed by Tom Mansell and Jeremy Solt. The front of the chin pod is wider and more squared off than scale but I am not too concerned about it personally. I did fiberglass the inside of the nose cone to give it some additional strength but the parts should hold up very well. I will post a video when I have it completed and functioning.

Hey,.. ThanksMan That ChinPod will work quite nicely for my WildWeasel F-4 Project actually !! Cheers

Comment

• Can someone send some pictures of how they attached the 600 gal fuel tank to the fuselage?

Comment

• Working on an 'E' model with the help of Jeremy Solt and Tom Mansell. I will be connecting the small strut door next and then some paint. Going to keep it simple with Callie Wreckin' Crew graphics and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles. Will be dropping a JP 8S fan in it as well and then just fly it. I like how it is turning out so far.

GREAT JOB! My son wants to make an E model as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gugie View Post
                                Can someone send some pictures of how they attached the 600 gal fuel tank to the fuselage?
                                I'd like to know as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

I'd like to know as well.
                                  I used two of the 90mm F-16 weapon mounts but I did the tank by rcfiddy1. If I am not mistaken, the one designed by Dirty Dee uses one of the mounts.

Comment

• Here is video of the gear door action on my F-4E. Next up will be to paint the nose.

Comment

• A little airbrush work and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles.

Name:	IMG_20190122_202159.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	173842

Comment

A little airbrush work and Chris Wolfe's exhaust nozzles.

Name:	IMG_20190122_202159.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	173842
                                        Super SCHWEET!!!!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Nose is now painted. Ready for graphics.

Name:	IMG_20190122_220848.jpg
Views:	770
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	173867

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190122_221030.jpg Views:	1 Size:	323.7 KB ID:	173861

Comment

Working...
                                          X