X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post

I agree that's nice looking. Now I have a question for ya Mr 6B. I would think with a handle like, "EA-6B Geek" you would be hammering MRC to make a Prowler. Did you just give up and accept all we're going to get is an Intruder? Ya know if they could get some scale Prowler speed breaks to actually work. People would buy a model of a Prowler for that alone.

Best Regards
    Woody

Prowler had super cool speed breaks. W
    Yep Woody, I gave up. I've considered buying the A-6 and stretching it, putting a football on the tail, building some ALQ-99 pods. But I gotta tell ya, the real one wasn't that much fun to fly. All work, all the time. A-4's and Phantoms, way cooler.
    However, I am converting the FMS Super Hornet I got for Christmas into a Growler!

Thanks for the encouraging words LB and Gunner. Phantoms rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post

Yep Woody, I gave up. I've considered buying the A-6 and stretching it, putting a football on the tail, building some ALQ-99 pods. But I gotta tell ya, the real one wasn't that much fun to fly. All work, all the time. A-4's and Phantoms, way cooler.
      However, I am converting the FMS Super Hornet I got for Christmas into a Growler!

Thanks for the encouraging words LB and Gunner. Phantoms rock!
      Ya know 6B, when I first entered the NAVY I flew for, "NAS Whidby Island SAR". Ya know patrolled in and around NAS Whidby Island. In my 12 years there, I only had to pick up one air crew. Got the right seat guy & the back seat guy, never found the pilot in command. The sequencing on the ejection seats meant the pilot left last. When the seats would fire, the air crew went in all different directions. Lot of people like to knock the A-3's. Being a captain or aircrew in a EA-6B was a dangerous job too!

Best Regards
      Woody

Your Phantom looks great mate!

Comment

• Just received my "Grey Ghost" livery. Very disappointed that the nose isn't painted black as shown on MRC. Is this what you guys have received as well? Thanks!

Murf

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith Murphy View Post
          Just received my "Grey Ghost" livery. Very disappointed that the nose isn't painted black as shown on MRC. Is this what you guys have received as well? Thanks!

Murf
          That's the way mine came Murf. All grey, no black. Upside is that you can finish any way you want it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lcacing View Post

If you used the included decals, you need to paint the vertical stab white, you only get the red stripes. I got Callie Graphics for mine, you get red/white decal for the stab
            Well mine( kit supplied ) are white stripes so will have to paint then vertical red, but that's ok with me as now you don't have to do the compound top corner of leading edge curve with a decal …..

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith Murphy View Post
              Just received my "Grey Ghost" livery. Very disappointed that the nose isn't painted black as shown on MRC. Is this what you guys have received as well? Thanks! Murf
              Hey Murf, I will swap ya my new black one for your new Gray one. One less thing I need to prime and paint. Best, LB
              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0002.JPG Views:	1 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	170002
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

That's the way mine came Murf. All grey, no black. Upside is that you can finish any way you want it!
                Thanks man! That's kinda what I thought...still find it a little misleading.

Murf

Comment

• VA-128 Whidbey. EA3-D VQ2 Rota, VA-115 Midway, VA-66 Ike, VQ-5 Guam. Among others...

Comment

• Can someone verify the scale of this jet, I am ordering a decal set from Callie and need the correct size.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crucianpilot View Post
                      Can someone verify the scale of this jet, I am ordering a decal set from Callie and need the correct size.
                      Pretty sure she has the size on this one nailed by now. ;)

Comment

Grey F-4 ready to go! With a little help from Callie of course. Installed an A-3L in this one. My first Phantom flies great without a gyro, but I've been so pleased with what one does for my A-4, thought I'd give it a try. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	169955
                        F-4 looks great! Mine will be here Friday! What type of tape did you use for masking the nose? Did it pull up any paint?

Comment

Can someone verify the scale of this jet, I am ordering a decal set from Callie and need the correct size.
                          It's between 1/11 and 1/12. Either scale will work, but just tell Callie it's for the Freewing F-4.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post

F-4 looks great! Mine will be here Friday! What type of tape did you use for masking the nose? Did it pull up any paint?
                            Hey Phantom Nut! I used Tamiya masking tape. I think no matter what you do, you're going to pull up a flake or two when removing the tape. The Tamiya tape seems to be about the best in that regard. I had some color matched latex mixed at Home Depot, and used that to spot paint the few tiny spots that peeled off.
                            Good luck with your F-4. Post some photos!

Comment

Hey Phantom Nut! I used Tamiya masking tape. I think no matter what you do, you're going to pull up a flake or two when removing the tape. The Tamiya tape seems to be about the best in that regard. I had some color matched latex mixed at Home Depot, and used that to spot paint the few tiny spots that peeled off.
                              Do you have the code for the Home Depot paint? I’d like to get some.

Comment

Will do! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

• This is what I'm after! My dad's old squadron at Miramar.
                                  Image result for vf-301 f-4

Comment

• Nice! Make it happen! Callie will guide you! LOL
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomNut View Post
                                      This is what I'm after! My dad's old squadron at Miramar.
                                      Image result for vf-301 f-4
                                      I like it! So many great liveries to do these jets in.

Comment

Do you have the code for the Home Depot paint? I’d like to get some.
                                        I can get it off the lid of the can, but if you take a part of your F-4 into the store with you, they can match it perfectly. And, that's probably smarter, as I'm sure there is a difference in the paint Freewing uses from batch to batch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Nice! Make it happen! Callie will guide you! LOL
                                          I already have the graphics! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X