Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow , This F-4 on sale at MotionRc . the 8s is like $40 buck off !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
      Wow , This F-4 on sale at MotionRc . the 8s is like $40 buck off !
      I know..... Dying.... I am holding out for FOIL !
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• According to OV-10, "twins are twice the fun". Just finished painting another F-4J VF-84 Jolly Roger for my buddy TiredIronGRB.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181103_143612.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	475.9 KB
ID:	159493

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181103_143543.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	478.3 KB
ID:	159494

Comment

• Very nice work mate! Ordered a new plane yesterday, Freewing Grumman A-6. I was really on the fence between the A-4 & the A-6. BUT the F-4 is in the que too. Just waiting for the grey one.

Best Regards
          Woody

Comment

• I think you should get all of them. I haven't gotten up my F4 yet but the A4 is a wonderful flyer. I'm so thankful where the hobby is now and what we're able to get our hands on!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              According to OV-10, "twins are twice the fun". Just finished painting another F-4J VF-84 Jolly Roger for my buddy TiredIronGRB.
              RCJD, Very nice work (again) and what a great thing to do for a friend. Best, LB

I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I agree, the A-4 is probably next. F-4 is a definite, but need to develop my flying skills just a bit. The Jet Hanger Hobbies F-4's we're scary fast. Flew great, but even the slightest mistake and instant confetti.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                  I agree, the A-4 is probably next. F-4 is a definite, but need to develop my flying skills just a bit. The Jet Hanger Hobbies F-4's we're scary fast. Flew great, but even the slightest mistake and instant confetti.

Woody
                  Hey Woody, you know what, there are a few factors that (in my opinion) make the A4 a bit more of a handful to fly. The Phantom is bigger and has a wider landing gear, while the Scooter is smaller and more nimble - and the Scooter sits taller on its relatively narrow gear. Although the F4 is larger and heavier, it just seems a little easier for me and I can relax (perhaps its just me getting older)… the Scooter is nimble and quick and will roll like a drill bit (so dial down those ailerons a lot) and so for me it just seems like I have to be at the top of my game when I'm flying it. When you're landing the A4 you have to be gentle on the nose gear because it will tip over easily. But before everyone jumps in, I have to say that I love the way the Scooter flies and I fly it a LOT more often than I fly my F4. Go figure!.
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• ***CAUTION / WARNING*** After only 4 flights on a new F-4 Freewing, it pitched up to a high angle of attack and was pretty much out of control. Post crash investigation showed the ELEVATOR servo was not glued in. The case and socket were totally without adhesive of any kind. The sad thing is...during assembly, I was going to add a bead of hot glue...but I got distracted and never got back to this.

Post mortem - $50 of spare parts will gets it back flying again. The elevator servo was 3/4 the way out of the socket = pretty much full up elevator. Scraped paint on right front fuselage and right wing root plastic hardware broken and right wing sheered both carbon rod spar rods. No gear damage, no empennage damage, no damage to the left wing.....lucky lucky lucky!!!

****CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION***

Comment

• GG, Acknowledged. Thank you for the warning. Sorry about your incident. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes sorry about your crash, but thanks, will check mine and add some glue.
                        Rick

Comment

• Some additional advice for the elevator control setup, which has been covered here before, but good to put all in one post.

As mentioned above, glue in the servo.

Use a piece of carbon tube to slip around the metal pushrod to prevent bending. Or replace the rod with a non-flexible substitute.

Secure the pushrod retainer where it connects to the control horn so that it won't come apart. Some shrink wrap, fuel tube, or a rubber collar works fine.
                          Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodcock View Post
                            Very nice work mate! Ordered a new plane yesterday, Freewing Grumman A-6. I was really on the fence between the A-4 & the A-6. BUT the F-4 is in the que too. Just waiting for the grey one.

Best Regards
                            Woody
                            If you haven't already been warned, the elevator setup on the A6 also needs some help. Thin push rods and flimsy (IMO) hardware. All of the improvements folks are putting into the Phantom should also be put in the Intruder, except that the servos are mounted, not glued. Otherwise it flies nice!

Comment

• Just read this quote from Col. (Ret) DeBellevue (the dude with 6 kills in the F4) and I thought I would share it.

“You didn’t get into the F-4, you put it on, it became you,” DeBellevue said. “It was a manual airplane, not like an F-16 or F-15, they were aerodynamic and designed well. The F-4 was the last plane that looked like it was made to kill somebody. It was a beast. It could go through a flock of birds and kick out barbeque from the back.”

Love that!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

If you haven't already been warned, the elevator setup on the A6 also needs some help. Thin push rods and flimsy (IMO) hardware. All of the improvements folks are putting into the Phantom should also be put in the Intruder, except that the servos are mounted, not glued. Otherwise it flies nice!
                                Thanks Mate! Will review this when building for sure,

Woody

Comment

• Gentlemen... Just asking...... is there a reason that there is no 8s motor listed for purchase for the F4... Just the 12 Blade fan.....
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hmm, can't find the 8S motor anywhere on Motion's site. It's the 4075-1390kv. That motor is not used in any of Freewing's other 8S jets. I can't find just the motor available anywhere, but RC Castle has the full fan/motor combo:

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7740
                                    Pat

Comment

• They might be putting them in the F-22's.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                        Hmm, can't find the 8S motor anywhere on Motion's site. It's the 4075-1390kv. That motor is not used in any of Freewing's other 8S jets. I can't find just the motor available anywhere, but RC Castle has the full fan/motor combo:

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7740

Wow .... Many Thanks ! really appreciate it ! :-)

Comment

• Just received my F-4 today and looking forward to getting this beauty in the air!!! I know it might be a pipe dream but any chance of an "E" model in the future? I am an F-4 Phanatic and the F-4 has been my passion for many years! I was a sheet metal mechanic in the Air Force and have painted many F-4's and even own the cockpit section of a F-4E. If anyone needs any reference material I have a large collection and can help in any way.

Thanks Joe Steimann

Comment

Working...
                                          X