Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Lakes, good eye! Your reckoning is about on par with our radar gun tests. GThe speed is stated in the manual.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      Great Lakes, good eye! Your reckoning is about on par with our radar gun tests. GThe speed is stated in the manual.
      Thanks Alpha! :Cool::f4phantom

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, Joe!

Feel free to post your F-4E references here, or send me a link in PM. I still need to finish that project with RCGeek to create a 3DPUP modification set for the F-4E. It would be an extensive modification kit for customers to bolt onto their existing F-4, since it's not in the cards to cut a new mold for the fuselage here at the factory (the cost of a midsize car).

I've never read someone so casually say "I even own the cockpit section of a F-4E". I have no doubt you'll fit well with the group of lads we have here on Squawk! Some of us would probably pay you to sleep in that cockpit for a weekend.
          Is there an event close to St. Louis? If so I will bring the F-4 Cockpit and we can all get our picture taken!

Comment

• Thanks Motion RC, just got mine last week. Super impressed with the design. So when I was a kid, my drunk ass uncle who was in Vietnam, always wore these cool camo pants called "US woodland" so in appreciation too what he did for our country I thought about him when I did my paint job. I haven't seen this yet.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk 8492ndIOWA! Love the tip of the cap to your uncle and the cool unique camo livery!

On a side note for the rest of you, I had a nice flight today until I made a rookie mistake and decided to change my orientation/placement for the landing sequence due to the winds. Now mind you, I fly primarily at a local school because it affords me the most wide open paved surface within many miles of me. So when I swapped sides, all was fine until she was about 5 feet AGL and just going past me when I wasn't sure how close she was to the school and I panicked...I totally should have punched it and gone around but instead I kept with it but ultimately stalled her about 2 feet off the ground because at that point she was a good 100 feet beyond me.

I paid the price with the nose strut snapping off clean at the trunnion. Ugh.

So now I need to figure out my plan of attack. Luckily the rest of her is just fine. But nose gear trauma can be a PITA. Wondering what my best route is? Is there any way to save the retract (perfectly fine yet a clean snap off of the strut at the trunnion...How do I get that out)?

I will take a look at our spare parts to figure out my best course of action but in the mean time if any of you have experience in this particular issue I would love to hear it...

EDIT: I clearly could just spend the 37 bucks for https://www.motionrc.com/products/f-...e-landing-gear but a lot of you have this voodoo ability to turn water into wine hence my question, lol.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Welcome to the Squawk 8492ndIOWA! Love the tip of the cap to your uncle and the cool unique camo livery!

On a side note for the rest of you, I had a nice flight today until I made a rookie mistake and decided to change my orientation/placement for the landing sequence due to the winds. Now mind you, I fly primarily at a local school because it affords me the most wide open paved surface within many miles of me. So when I swapped sides, all was fine until she was about 5 feet AGL and just going past me when I wasn't sure how close she was to the school and I panicked...I totally should have punched it and gone around but instead I kept with it but ultimately stalled her about 2 feet off the ground because at that point she was a good 100 feet beyond me.

So now I need to figure out my plan of attack. Luckily the rest of her is just fine. But nose gear trauma can be a PITA. Wondering what my best route is? Is there any way to save the retract (perfectly fine yet a clean snap off of the strut at the trunnion...How do I get that out)?

I will take a look at our spare parts to figure out my best course of action but in the mean time if any of you have experience in this particular issue I would love to hear it...

EDIT: I clearly could just spend the 37 bucks for https://www.motionrc.com/products/f-...e-landing-gear but a lot of you have this voodoo ability to turn water into wine hence my question, lol.
                The pin itself has been an ongoing issue unfortunately. Mine broke after only 2 landings (neither hard). The remaining piece can be removed by removing the 6 small screws and carefully pulling the housing apart. I put the Spitfire main landing gear axle (https://www.motionrc.com/products/fl...ding-gear-axle) in as a replacement. Just need to grind a touch at the end and extend the flat a touch for the set-screw to bite. I've been told the F14 pin is a direct replacement (https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...connecting-pin) and may pick one up. Not sure if the original pins were just a batch of bad casting or what but quite a few folks have had that pin break.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk 8492ndIOWA! Love the tip of the cap to your uncle and the cool unique camo livery!

Todd, remove the retract and then disassemble the two case halves by removing the 6 philips screws. The heads are tiny and the screws are tight so be sure you have the right size drivers so's the heads don't strip. The 2 middle screws, which are a different color, have slightly different size heads as well. Carefully pry the cases apart keeping the "guts" in one half (the motor and gear train, circuit board and trunion). The trunion can now come out and the broken pin removed. This is the only photo I have but it'll give an idea of what to keep in the one half as the cases come apart. Sounds maybe harder than it is- you'll be fine. :Cool:
                  Tom

Comment

• I've done this chore twice now, on different planes. On one of my Tigercat main gears, the plastic case had a radial crack through it (a result of a landing that was a little too hard). And I broke a pin on my A-10 I think. Anyway, 6 tiny screws out, and I use a dishtowel to cushion everything and make sure I don't lose any parts (I do this with the retract still plugged in) - see, the only difficult part is making sure all the parts don't magically jump out of the case. Boing! When that happens you have to very carefully put everything back into the case, arrgh what a pain. Like Pogo said, just go slow and be careful to be sure that everything stays.... and carefully remove the metal trunnion. Then you can get the pin out.
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Thanks gents! Appreciate the info! :Cool:
                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanks gents! Appreciate the info! :Cool:
                        Go to your website at Motion R/C and watch the P-38 landing gear upgrade with Ryan... He shows you how the retract unit comes apart, because you HAVE to do that to upgrade the P-38 nose strut!!! :Cool::Cool:;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Go to your website at Motion R/C and watch the P-38 landing gear upgrade with Ryan... He shows you how the retract unit comes apart, because you HAVE to do that to upgrade the P-38 nose strut!!! :Cool::Cool:;)
                          Good point! Cheers!
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Just a passing thought!!! After reading my post again, it seemed kind of snarky.... I didn't mean that at all..... Just the info of what is there, and I wanted to direct you to it.... Sorry if I sounded like an ass Bro.... :-( Never want to be that way!!!!!

Comment

• Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                Just a passing thought!!! After reading my post again, it seemed kind of snarky.... I didn't mean that at all..... Just the info of what is there, and I wanted to direct you to it.... Sorry if I sounded like an ass Bro.... :-( Never want to be that way!!!!!
                                Wasn't taken that way in the least! All is good. :Cool:
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• We are all brothers in the same foam tornado!!!! LOL I just hate to come across as a bad guy that knows it all, when I really want to just help everyone!!! Thanks for understanding Bro!!! Jerry Big Bro Hugs!!!

Comment

• Any news on the gray versions availability?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhnybgd View Post
                                      Any news on the gray versions availability?
                                      Yes, yes! Any news on the gray versions availability?

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post

Yes, yes! Any news on the gray versions availability?
                                        What he said!
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Anyone know if there is a way to 3d scan some 1/32 detail parts? I have a bunch of aftermarket parts that would be an awesome addition to the Phantom.

Comment

Working...
                                          X