Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanx Guy's....Just hope she flies as good as she looks.....! Enjoy The Holiday Weekend, Fly Safe !

Comment

• Originally posted by Dlxpkg2000 View Post
      Thanx Guy's....Just hope she flies as good as she looks.....! Enjoy The Holiday Weekend, Fly Safe !
      Jim, did you get an 8S?

Comment

• Yeah, Steve. I originally bought an ARF+ and was waiting to see what the Major concensus was on the 6s vs 8s debacle. With the additional paint, cockpit and of course, the "chute mod", I took a friend of mine's offer of a FW 8S system, that he was no longer using. It was his Jet that I got to fly, on 8S, that made my mind up....!:);):f4phantom

Comment

• After George hit the power lines with the 8S he told me to put the power system in mine so mine is now on 8S as well. I still have not had the chance to fly it yet but based on what I saw of George's I'll fated flight it looked like it should fly great! I wish I we're going to JetJam... I would love to be able to give you a run for your money! LOL

Comment

• Anytime My Friend...Anytime !!! Your's came out pretty sweet too. Your going to like the 8S set up. The one I flew, just had great vertical for 8s. I'll post the 2nd flight on RCG when I get a chance.

Comment

• Jim,
              I am going to Jet Jam and can’t wait to that beauty . Bravo Zulu!

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• So I just purchased a complete F-4 Phantom drag chute from the 194th FIS Fresno - 144th Wing. Basically you can set it in a F-4 and connect it, ready to go lol. Just thought to share.Click image for larger version  Name:	1CAC67A2-8C30-499F-A802-B384D36E528D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	134624

Comment

• :)might be just a tad big for the 90mmLOL;). All jokes aside, that's pretty cool:Cool:

Comment

• Hopefully going to maiden mine in the morning if the weather holds.

JF 90,8s,cc pro 20,admiral receiver and A3super gyro

Ended up being 8lb 11oz with batteries
                    about a pound and a half more than my LX with twin 70mm FMS fans on 6s,which is a fantastic flying aircraft

Comment

• Dixpkg2000, your bunny looks incredible, really nice job there. Two thumbs up!

I've been working on mine for weeks, its a big job to repaint it. Sanding and priming, followed by white gloss on the control surfaces, then masking for the finish coat and the black areas which were applied with a brush. Plus I stuck on the 3D-printed nozzles which are very cool.

I finally finished and did my maiden flight this morning. The Navy colors represent Robert "Hoot" Gibson's plane. Callie Graphics provided the excellent vinyl decals.
                      I haven't mounted the tanks yet because I'm still painting them! And I left the nose cone black - some Navy planes were like that so its a little bit of artistic license!

Short video here, of my very first landing today.
                      I really enjoyed the way it flies, its a very easy-to-fly jet IMO. Very smooth and confidence-building.
                      Like others, I found that it needed a bit more up elevator trim with full flaps than what was recommended in the manual.

Click image for larger version  Name:	5-27-18.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	134643

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Nice Work mudduck. If I hadn't done my FlyFly 90mm in that scheme, I might have done the "Sundowner's " scheme on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
                          Dixpkg2000, your bunny looks incredible, really nice job there. Two thumbs up!

I've been working on mine for weeks, its a big job to repaint it. Sanding and priming, followed by white gloss on the control surfaces, then masking for the finish coat and the black areas which were applied with a brush. Plus I stuck on the 3D-printed nozzles which are very cool.

I finally finished and did my maiden flight this morning. The Navy colors represent Robert "Hoot" Gibson's plane. Callie Graphics provided the excellent vinyl decals.
                          I haven't mounted the tanks yet because I'm still painting them! And I left the nose cone black - some Navy planes were like that so its a little bit of artistic license!
                          Looks great! Go Navy! I’m went with the same livery if and whenever I get around to finishing her lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                            :)might be just a tad big for the 90mmLOL;). All jokes aside, that's pretty cool:Cool:
                            Ahh man??! The guy I bought it from said it would work on “Any” F-4! :Silly:

Comment

• :f4phantom GET SOME! OH YEAH!!

Comment

I really enjoyed the way it flies, its a very easy-to-fly jet IMO. Very smooth and confidence-building.
                                Like others, I found that it needed a bit more up elevator trim with full flaps than what was recommended in the manual.

Click image for larger version Name:	5-27-18.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	134643
                                Wow, looks very nice, hope FW will do one like that for us to buy...:f4phantom

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	5-27-18.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	117.6 KB ID:	134643
                                  Your hard work looks great! I really like this livery. I can now relate to just how much work is involved in repainting a foam model. I had crashed my grey T-28 because it had always been hard to see in the air and one day I just happen to loose the orientation for the last time. So I decided to just repaint it in its easy to see livery of white and bright red orange.
                                  After all the work evolved just to prime it and sand it I don't think I would ever consider repainting a brand new airplane unless it came in the ready to paint base grey version like the Hawk. And I am still not done painting the first base coat of white.

Comment

• Love the repaints from everyone I've seen in this thread! Great work!!

Just my two pennies but I was pleasantly surprised with the power of my 6S. I thought it might not be powerful enough and I almost bought the 8S at first but I am happy to say that I personally love the power of my 6S. With my Roaring Top 70C 5500s, this bird screams through the air! I suppose I could get a few more MPH's with the 8S, and she would way a pound or so more to not be quite as floaty but I am seriously more than pleased with my 6S than I expected to be.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Painted and Callie's graphics applied.!
                                      Attached Files
                                      Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• I did get the chance to complete the (re)maiden flight of my 8S F-4 this morning, almost uneventfully. Grass was thick and heavy with water (overnight rain/dew), so she took a long roll out to rotate. She flew great didn't need to trim it out to fly it, although I think on the next flight I'll have to add a click or two of aileron trim. All was going well, set up for a landing, but was going too fast on final, so I aborted, powered up and went around for a 2nd try. Got her lined up perfect on final and ran out of battery short of the landing strip threshold. When I saw I wasn't going to make it, I retracted the gear to prevent damage. She came down flat and level into the tall grass. Only real damage was a broken drop tank pylon. I need to get bigger batteries. 2 x 4S 4400's won't cut it. Timer was set at 3 minutes.
                                        I will say this, the throws setup in the manual seemed perfect to me. Hats off to the folks that put in the work and effort to determine what they should be.
                                        My original maiden attempt didn't go well last weekend. I took off and she immediately pitched nose high. It seemed like she was tail heavy, even though I was sure I nailed the 190mm balance point. Due to the AOA, she began to stall, dropped a wing, and began to spiral in from about 40-50 feet. I was able to level her out and pancake down to the ground. Only real damage was breaking both of the carbon wing spars and the steel pin in the nose gear. Upon further reviewing of the flight in my head I realized that the AOA seemed more of a pilot error issue (too much elevator) than bad balance. I went back to the manual and properly set the elevator throws. I had only set the 8mm up elevator before. So yeah, lesson learned the hard way.
                                        I'm flying with 50% Expo on both ailerons and elevator, and the elevator was fine, but she is still a bit too sensitive for me, at least for now, on the ailerons so I think I'll add about 10% more Expo to them. Can't wait to fly her again.

Comment

• Maidened mine today on JF 90 8s got 4:30 on it with 1 hi speed pass,plane will do horizontal lazy 8's at less than half throttle.
                                          normal hi speed flights timer was set at 3:00 and waited to land at the 3minute mark.Around 25%in batteries.
                                          4s 5000 admiral golds and venom 4s 5000

Comment

Working...
                                          X