Clear All

• Thanks my friend!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Got Paint?

Comment

• Comment

• I love these liveries, but I can't imagine how to begin. Stencils would peel underlying coats. Vinyl graphics don't do compund curves well and no one does large scale custom water slide decals.

Comment

• Callie Graphics does.
            BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• That would require a steady hand and good airbrushing skills. Both of these are now out of my capacity.

Comment

• Callie has never met a livery she can't handle. ;)
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Never have known her to be one to back away from a challenge :Cool:

Comment

• George got some video of the maiden of my F-4J at Nall..

Comment

• Best looking F-4 out there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180513_175258003_iOS.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	133125
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• That was great!

Comment

• Another OUTSTANDING JOB Steve. I'm working out the "little kinks" in the chute plunger system as I write this. No Biggie, "I got This..." Gotta make DOUBLE sure I've got a positive lock when I arm this bad-boy. Once that's done, it's on to the paint booth.....LOL Stay Tuned.

Comment

• Well done Steve! What are your thoughts on the maiden?
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• That grass cut length looked sooooo much better than last fall. The tower was always sorta freaky to me.
                              Looking at the landing with that livery was absolutely reminiscent of watching my buddy's squadron of Jolly's over on the fighter line of NAS Oceana in the early 70's :Cool:
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• It flew well. It is a plane to be respected in that I needed a significant amount of throttle for most of the flight. You just can't horse it around so you need to stay ahead of it a little. Scale like flight is very good and it lands well with using throttle to control the decent once it is trimmed out. I have a maiden routine that I fly. Take off....how much elevator is required? Gear up, flaps up, trim it for level flight hopefully on the first pass or two. Slow her down and deploy half flaps, does it balloon up or drop the nose? Trim it again as needed then deploy full flaps and trim again. I use flight mode trims to fine tune it in flight after the initial bench set up of flap to elevator mixing based on the manual. Once trimmed I drop the gear and set up for approach. With this plane I didn't deploy full flaps until on final. Kept it basically level and just feathered the throttle with a little flare before touchdown. It very much needs power for landing but also seems to penetrate well. I have flown it more since Joe Nall and ended up snapping a nose strut pin on one landing but it did not damage a thing. I replaced it with a 1600mm Spitfire wheel axle that I had. Overall it is a sweet flying jet and I think the 8S versions will fly very well too.

Comment

• Good synopsis, thanks!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• One badass F-4! Great video with full sun, boy she stands out with that red and white chute!
                                    Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Best looking F-4 out there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180513_175258003_iOS.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	133125

Comment

• This one would be easy to do with some tulip markings from Callie and masking tape and rattle cans. Might have to pick up a second one for this hi-vis scheme

Comment

• One hot bird Steve, makes a great case for a grey version!
                                        Manfred, that is one heck of a great looking paint scheme as well!!

Showed the wife and she likes it.....
                                        One foot in the door!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH, Of course, my plane is on the delivery truck, but I sent it to my office instead of my house. GRRRRRRRRR, ME WANT MY PHANTOM:Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying:

Comment

Working...
                                          X