Name:	acy12529_2.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	130473
      That's right. Sweet. Great choice.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I just have to paint the fin black and there is some minimal touch up I will have to do but the painting is almost done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180429_154939.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	130549

Name:	IMG_20180429_154954.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	130550

Comment

• Looks great Steve, nice coverage and a great gloss already. I'm gathering the difference in the color in the pics is because of the light and that the bottom pic is closer to what you really have??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Beautiful so far RCJD! I’ll bet she doesn’t stay glossy like that if I know you!

Comment

• I am going to give it a satin clear coat in the end.

Comment

• Been out of the loop for a while what's the best stab to flap mix everyones been using ? the 3mm for mid and 5 mm for full flaps per the manual ? And also anyone filing flats on the stab pivot pins where they are set screwed on ? Any issues with the stock setup ? thanks all ,...

Comment

• Ready for graphics and any other details I wish to add. I love the Model Master's acrylics. They cover well and dry quickly.

Name:	IMG_20180429_201648.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	130579

Name:	IMG_20180429_201704.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	130580

Name:	IMG_20180429_201752.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	130581

Name:	IMG_20180429_201804.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	130582

Comment

• Looks dang good bro!

Comment

• What are your flight times like on 8s?

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Lookin awesome Steve!

Comment

• RCJD, Sierra Hotel. Best, Elbee
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nice job!! Looks really sharp.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• [QUOTE=RCjetdude;n130575]Ready for graphics and any other details I wish to add. I love the Model Master's acrylics. They cover well and dry quickly.

Steve, awesome! What did you use to remove the SEA camo ? I was thinking of acetone.

I want a J version so bad. Doubt Freewing will offer so I guess the only way will be to depaint, repaint and Callie.

I dont have an air brush brush so was hopeful I could find a rattlecan match.

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hey Dave! I sprayed Rust-Oleum rattle can white primer right over the SEA camo and then went to town masking and spraying paint. I believe all the colors (Gull Gray, Gloss Black, Flat Black and Insignia Yellow) that I used for mine are available in enamel rattle cans from Model Masters. I don't like using acetone or having to strip paint and I use a respirator for any paints with solvents in them. That is one reason I also like the acrylics so much... no noxious fumes. Overall it has turned out good so far. The graphics are going to make it look sweet.

Comment

• Note: I am in complete agreement with RCJD when it comes to chemical fumes. I used a few items from around the house when I stripped the paint from my FW A-10. Acetone works well removing the OEM finish, just protect your lungs and skin, always. Best, Elbee
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thanks Steve & Elbee,

Hopefully I’ll get on the list for Batch# 3. Have to have the Phantom. B-24 has now been maidened. Bought the Eflight F-27 evolution from MRC yesterday. Could not resist after watching one fly this weekend. Looked like a lot of fun in a small package.

So, a summer Phantom F4J (repainted) is in the offing . Callie graphics ?

Hawk
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                      Thanks Steve & Elbee,

Hopefully I’ll get on the list for Batch# 3. Have to have the Phantom. B-24 has now been maidened. Bought the Eflight F-27 evolution from MRC yesterday. Could not resist after watching one fly this weekend. Looked like a lot of fun in a small package.

So, a summer Phantom F4J (repainted) is in the offing . Callie graphics ?

Hawk
                                      You can do it Dave! :Cool:

Comment

• Half of the graphics are on and this thing totally ROCKS!!!

Name:	IMG_20180430_215405.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	130703

Name:	IMG_20180430_215418.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	130704

Name:	IMG_20180430_215429.jpg