Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	130254

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180426_233359.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	130255

Comment

• LOVE the afterburner! Can't wait to add that when I get mine...
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Looks great Steve! Questions:
        What masking tape are you using?
        What paint, rattle can or airbrush, if airbrush what gun for large coverage?
        Are you doing an overall primer coat first, if so, what?

Comment

• Hey Boots, I am using green and yellow frog tape. Green on the canopy and LED lenses. Yellow on any painted surface applied after sticking it to my shirt first. Next I will be giving it a light sanding with some 220 grit sandpaper and then wiping it with denatured alcohol. After that I will wipe it down with a Tac Cloth. I will then spray it with light coats of Rust-Oleum white primer until the original SEA camo is covered. Finally, I will airbrush it with Model Master's acrylics that are thinned as necessary with Createx reducer. The airbrush I have is a Master SB80 and works very well.

Name:	IMG_20180324_022937.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	130282

Comment

• I like the trigger airbrush style much better then my traditional one...I will have to pick one up.
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
              I like the trigger airbrush style much better then my traditional one...I will have to pick one up.
              Me too. I would love to have a GREX but those things are spensive!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                Hey Boots, I am using green and yellow frog tape. Green on the canopy and LED lenses. Yellow on any painted surface applied after sticking it to my shirt first. Next I will be giving it a light sanding with some 220 grit sandpaper and then wiping it with denatured alcohol. After that I will wipe it down with a Tac Cloth. I will then spray it with light coats of Rust-Oleum white primer until the original SEA camo is covered. Finally, I will airbrush it with Model Master's acrylics that are thinned as necessary with Createx reducer. The airbrush I have is a Master SB80 and works very well.

Name:	IMG_20180324_022937.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	130282
                Thanks for the info, I may order that airbrush. Is the Rustoleum white primer a “filling or sandable” primer? I know the finish on my Freewing F-16 and A-4 are beautiful and wouldn’t require filling and sanding, but the finish on my FMS P-40B is not so nice, and I wondered if a primer could help smooth out the foam cells prior to a repaint?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Thanks for the info, I may order that airbrush. Is the Rustoleum white primer a “filling or sandable” primer? I know the finish on my Freewing F-16 and A-4 are beautiful and wouldn’t require filling and sanding, but the finish on my FMS P-40B is not so nice, and I wondered if a primer could help smooth out the foam cells prior to a repaint?

Name:	15248589540337397263473912580744.jpg
Views:	555
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	130334

Comment

• Primer going on...finally getting to paint this bird. After a light sanding with 220 grit and a good wipe down with denatured alcohol followed by a tac cloth this is where it's at. I should have everything primed by the end of the day.

Name:	IMG_20180428_133821.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	244.1 KB
ID:	130381

Name:	IMG_20180428_133834.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	130382

Name:	IMG_20180428_133843.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	130383

Comment

• Has anybody done a good calc of wing area of this plane? I’’’ve done a quick and dirty run at it, but think the result (of area) is too low. I’m coming up with 485 sq in area; my AUW is right at 4240 grams (149.5 oz). 485 / 144 = 3.37 sf; 149.5 / 3.37 = 44.4 oz/sf. Pretty hefty, and considering how well everybody feels they fly, Alpha and Crew picked a mighty good wing profile.

I’m no expert at determining lifting body area contributions, hence my skepticism regarding accuracy of my calcs. Anybody else take a run at it?

Comment

• Manual calls out 26 dm^2 (403 sq in) but measuring in CAD gives me 573 sq. in.

Rather than calculating standard wing loading, try cubic wing loading. It gives a better representation, as larger planes can handle weight better.

Comment

• Freewing F-4 Phantom II 90mm 6S flight vids.
                          For those who are not subscribed to my youtube channel, here are a few videos showing the flight characteristics. This jet is easy to fly and fairly forgiving.

Comment

• Primer is done. Painting tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_20180428_191230.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	130465 ​​​​​

Comment

• Second video.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Primer is done. Painting tomorrow.

Name:	IMG_20180428_191230.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	130465 ​​​​​
                                I know it will be a masterpiece!
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looks great Steve...Remind me, what is the livery choice?
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    Looks great Steve...Remind me, what is the livery choice?
                                    VF-84 Jolly Roger's

Name:	acy12529_2.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	130473

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                      Manual calls out 26 dm^2 (403 sq in) but measuring in CAD gives me 573 sq. in.

Rather than calculating standard wing loading, try cubic wing loading. It gives a better representation, as larger planes can handle weight better.
                                      http://www.ef-uk.net/data/wcl.htm
                                      Thanks, Dee. Wasn’t aware the manual had that info....when all else fails, then....:Cool:

Comment

• Two more sorties today on the 8S JF90 Phantom. I'm really digging the power on this setup!
                                        Pat

Comment

• Steve, that is going to be one AWESOME machine. Can't wait to see her in action!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X