X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
    Anyone having this issue should open a ticket with CS so Motion will have numbers on it, if it doesn't get logged they won't realize it's an issue.
    I just opened a ticket so they are aware of the issue. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rod_E View Post
      Hi guys, first time post, maiden my F4 and nose gear pin sheared. Bummer.
      I don't think it was a hard landing
      Ordered a couple of spares and new gear door from Motion RC, looking forward to flying it again.
      Looked like my landing but just a little bit hotter when mine snapped. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
        I also do gear up as 90% of the time is when its flying
        That only works on some planes. If your gear comes down and back on extension, and they are heavy, and you already have a rearward CG, bad things can happen. It happened to me on a Yellow Aircraft A-4 back in the day. Every plane is a little different in that respect.

The whole idea is to get a pretty much neutral CG. Not too far back nor too far forward. Too far forward and you land hotter, take longer to get airborne, and waste energy. Too far back you can pop off early, wallow around wasting energy, and not go as fast as you think you should. It's pretty much a gray area. And you can usually fudge it quite a bit. Most Freewing planes are very CG tolerant.
        Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Here here are multiple takeoffs of 2 F4 phantoms. Camo is ARF+ with FMS 12 blade 6s with YEP 150 amp ESC. The chase plane Is a stock 6s.
          Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• A mix of some flying yesterday.
            Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Tork,

Do you know what kind of watts the 6S FMS 12B 90 is getting?

Loaded in the FW 130amp esc. Calibrated esc and timing is set to low.

Wattmeter showed 2200 watts @ ~ 100 amps. Kind of disappointing. Battery level was 4.15V/ cell across the board.

Have not tested thrust yet. Have fish scale. Will attach string to main gear.

Thanks,

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• I did test the thrust using a digital fish scale and rope tied around the mains. Got 6# which may be okay.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Yeah that should be doable

Comment

• That was my FMS 90 flying with Torq. I have not put a sensor on it. But I can. I can get some in flight current values if you want. But I have to order a current sensor.

If you watch the video of our touch and go's, the FMS powered bird (green one) is pretty evenly matched with the stock powered bird (gray one). The only difference I can see or, rather, hear, is the sound. They sound different.
                      But performance wise they are about the same.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...365#post145365

We both pulled a high speed pass followed by a vertical climb up till they pretty much stopped. Both birds were right there together all the way. Plenty of thrust from the FMS power. Today I put 5 more flights on her in really hot temps.
                      I was getting airborne in about 120ft or so with half flaps. For landing, I prefer full flaps, wind or no wind.

I think that on a static test, the FMS combo should be pulling about 100-115A. You might check timing and try different values. Go to high timing and see what you get.

I am running the YEP 150A esc on auto timing.

Comment

• I would give a slight Edge to the FMS 12 blade on take off. We do a countdown 2 throttle up for take off, so we both know when we're going to go.
                        Full speed passes it's so close it's hard to say. we have flown 7 flights together and I still could not tell you which one is faster.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• bonjour les amies personne a essayer de monter une turbine 105 dans un p4 2
                          hello friends to try to mount a turbine 105 mm in a p4 2 for more push and perfomance good it's modification but someone has you already thought about this idea thank you for your answer

Comment

• someone put a turbine in a foamie model... it worked until they tried seeing how fast it could go and the speed shredded the airplane.

Maybe if you fiberglassed the foam... but then you don't have a Plug And Fly any more, and it gets heavy.
                            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• turbine edf 105 mm

Comment

• Got in 5 flights yesterday on the Rhino. Lost a drop tank on takeoff (must have hit a bump or something) and made it around the patch and back to the runway with no issues. It didn't pull very much. I immediately dropped the gear and stayed at flaps 1 in order to put more drag out. This seemed to pretty much cancel out the drag from the tank. Slapped the tank back on, took off, and resumed the flight. Sorry no video at all..I need another helmet cam.

Both my mobius and my runcam went Tango Uniform after a few months. I really don't want to buy another one of those.

These guys are having success with P20 and Kollibri in foam models. I think Jan has done several..I know they did a Venom as well

Comment

• nice video

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhitchy View Post
                                    bonjour les amies personne a essayer de monter une turbine 105 dans un p4 2
                                    Rhitchy, Bienvenue chez Hobby Squawk. Oui, plusieurs personnes l'ont fait. Bonne chance pour votre projet. Meilleur, Elbee :Cool:
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• ;):)merci

Comment

• Very short clip of my Sundowners at the Warbirds fly in at Owatonna today.

Comment

• Nicely done !

Comment

Working...
                                          X