Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
    A few more of the Rob/Mike/Justin F-4:
    Bajora, Did these guys use Callie Graphics for the livery on this airframe. It is outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Got a little early morning flight in thought I would test out the stall characteristics of my F4 Phantom running stock 6s power system roaring top 5500 45 C battery

Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Bajora, Did these guys use Callie Graphics for the livery on this airframe. It is outstanding. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
        Yessir, Callie did indeed provide the vinyl for their F4

Comment

• Geez Tork that was CLOSE

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
            Geez Tork that was CLOSE
            That was a full scale, (ANG refueling wing)he was a lot farther away and higher than it looks. I don't like being in the air when they fly.
            Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
              Geez Tork that was CLOSE
              :) That is one huge F-4 compared to the 747... Forced perspective at its best...…

Comment

• I just assumed it was one of our refueling Air National Guard planes didn't take time to really study it
                Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Thanks RCJETDUDE...:Goodbye:

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	jetwerx 6000mah.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	141295

So I went back to the field today to re-test now that I had gained an additional 400 watts ( +21%) by re-calibrating.. 2300 watts

Nobody around to take a vid, sorry. I felt it was slightly better but not drastically better than the maiden. Still too slow and believe me, I'm not asking for much. At least fly like a Stinger 90. She should fly faster than my A6. I used a fresh 6S 6000mah 60C RT.

In fact, Andy from RCjetwerx.com stopped by to see how I was doing. BTW, he has a bunch of these new 6000mah lipos coming. He's getting 4S 5000mah in too for the 8S crowd.

He did notice a few things that may be contributing to my low power situation. Felt that the Center Afterburner was clogging the air flow. I've heard a few reports of this but for as many negative, there 2X as many positive. And he noticed that the 12B Changesun with 1620kv looked like it was not mounted perfectly level. He could se e a gap and indicated that the fan appeared to have a slight downward angle. No Bueno . When I mounted it, I had actually taped it so it would be snug against the face of the bore so there there would be no gaps. Obviously something had changed.

Andy has a stock 9B setup he is going to let me try. I'll do that next without the AB and see how well she performs. If that doesn't show improvement, then I'll swap the no-name esc with a Hobbywing as I have the programming card. Might be a timing issue as a few have suggested but I want to eliminate one thing at time.

If that doesn't help, then I'm on to a hotter 3000watt setup.

Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• are you flying with ordinance?

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	jetwerx 6000mah.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.3 KB ID:	141295

So I went back to the field today to re-test now that I had gained an additional 400 watts ( +21%) by re-calibrating.. 2300 watts

Nobody around to take a vid, sorry. I felt it was slightly better but not drastically better than the maiden. Still too slow and believe me, I'm not asking for much. At least fly like a Stinger 90. She should fly faster than my A6. I used a fresh 6S 6000mah 60C RT.

In fact, Andy from RCjetwerx.com stopped by to see how I was doing. BTW, he has a bunch of these new 6000mah lipos coming. He's getting 4S 5000mah in too for the 8S crowd.

He did notice a few things that may be contributing to my low power situation. Felt that the Center Afterburner was clogging the air flow. I've heard a few reports of this but for as many negative, there 2X as many positive. And he noticed that the 12B Changesun with 1620kv looked like it was not mounted perfectly level. He could se e a gap and indicated that the fan appeared to have a slight downward angle. No Bueno . When I mounted it, I had actually taped it so it would be snug against the face of the bore so there there would be no gaps. Obviously something had changed.

Andy has a stock 9B setup he is going to let me try. I'll do that next without the AB and see how well she performs. If that doesn't show improvement, then I'll swap the no-name esc with a Hobbywing as I have the programming card. Might be a timing issue as a few have suggested but I want to eliminate one thing at time.

If that doesn't help, then I'm on to a hotter 3000watt setup.

Hawk
                        ​​​​​​ your F4 Sundowner scheme looks awesome! you make me want to get a Sundowner scheme from Callie graphics!!

i agree with bbaumer. Ordinance on the plane will make a big difference in how sluggish it feels to you, and slows it down.
                        If I were in your position I would go with this FMS set up with your no name ESC.
                        http://www.fmsmodel.com/fms-90mm-12-...fan-with-motor
                        I'm tempted to buy it and replace the stock 6s freewing setup it appears to be that good to me. I wouldn't let the center burner that you have right now determine what motor combo makes you happy.
                        Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Tork,

Thanks and I appreciate your opinion. I was going to at least try the stock setup cause I have nothing to lose but yes, FMS sure does make some nice combo's. I have an 80mm FMS setup in my F-5 and it improved performance dramatically.

I can order an out-runner 3D printed LED holder from Chris. I do wonder if that's causing a disturbance to the airflow coming out of the fan. I've seen others fly with it and it looks like there's not an issue.

I did spend a lot of time detailing the "Sundowners" including adding black weathering to the rear fuse. The F4B was a huge smoke producer.Callie does such nice work on the vinyl. Have the 3D cockpit printed as well as some Aim-7 sparrows.. Now if I could only do miniature painting. Might check out AkumuZeta here. He does amazing work.

I didn't fly her with the tanks on. Just a picture for Andy from www.Jetwerx.com holding the new Roaring Top 6S 6000mah 60C so he could post on his Instagram page. I did fly her with the missiles mounted though.

Don't get me wrong she flies- well, okay, kinda, sorta. But I know it can be much better cause I've seen the stock models fly in person and they would pass mine by like it was standing still My A6 is is pretty slow but understandably so. It wasn't a Mach 2 fighter. This Phantom flies about as fast as the A6. For now anyway.

-Hawk
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Hawk, think you were on the right track eliminate the center burner and try that.
                            I think everyone always wants more power. I was looking at the 8S setup but I couldn't justify spending that much money for just a small gain. I saw someone recommend the other 6s set up to you and after I check the specs. I wanted it!!
                            Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Which one was that?

Comment

• A few more static photos for the thread :

Comment

Which one was that?

this one
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers

Comment

• Like minds think alike ! Have one on order !

Comment

• Yes! That one should definitely do it for ya!

Comment

Like minds think alike ! Have one on order !
                                        Sorry Hawk, I was going to ask my buddy in the morning if he had a fan for you, he does have a new FMS 90mm fan and motor, not sure what he wants for it but I tried it in my FW F-15 and was not impressed at all so I went with the FW 4068-1680kv, hope it works for you and let us know if it does, I know it does require some foam cutting and I was going to try it in my F-4 next but didn't want to cut on mine, so I went with the FW 4068-1680kv which is a drop in fit, my buddy ended up going with a 10S setup in his F-4.

Did you already order one or your going to order the FMS one??

Comment

• Wow! 10S? That Rhino will haul the mail !

I did order the FMS 90 to try. Was actually vascillating between the FW 1680 and the FMS. I like the FMS 80 in my F5 and figured they were on to something with their blade pitch. They claim the 90 generates 3000W @ 112 amps. Like you, I don’t like having to cut foam to get it to fit. A real PITA.

Meanwhile, Andy from rcjetwerx is going to let me try the stock 9b. I want to understand the difference.

Again, I’m not asking for the speed of a Mirage or F-5. Just something faster than an Apprentice or Hobbyzone Cub. Lol

Cheers,

Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                          X