X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks D,

Nice vid. I know I've seen that earlier. That dusk silhouette is awesome. Well now I must say I'm encouraged.. With the proper timing setting, I believe that the 1900 kv FMS 90 will perform on the same level as the stock 9 Blade 1750kv setup. What's three extra blades among friends?
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• You got this Dave!

Comment

• Dlxpkg2000 flying his black bunny today.

Comment

• One of these days I'll be getting out to Palos to see that black magic!

Comment

• Palos is his home field, though today he came out to St Charles. I highly recommend checking out St Charles, gorgeous field, 800' runway, and plenty of juice for chargers.

Comment

• Got in 7 flights on my Rhino this weekend and hit the 1 hour mark on flight time. Good bird.
              Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Excellent!:Cool:

Comment

• Expanding a bit on Herb and Boobaro's design, I added the full gun fairing. This total mod adds about 2oz more than the stock config, so I added an equal amount to the tail. I just didn't feel like working on moving the lipo back now.... maybe at a later time. If I had it to do over, I would use blue foam as boob did. I think I could have shaved off about 25gms.

I haven't flown it yet. Since there is a slight nose droop, as a precaution, I'm adding changing elevator high rate to 22mm vs 16mm. I'll keep 16mm as the mid rate. I also added 2 more magnets. Even with the wooden tongue, I was worried about the nose separating so I added 2 more magnets.

Forgive the off color on the nose... it's the best I could match by eye. It's actually not that bad in different lighting. I wish I had a Home Depot close by as the Lowe's here sucks. I give them a FSN and they look at me funny, then proceed to try to match using their color swatches.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by barron06 View Post
                    Expanding a bit on Herb and Boobaro's design, I added the full gun fairing. This total mod adds about 2oz more than the stock config, so I added an equal amount to the tail. I just didn't feel like working on moving the lipo back now.... maybe at a later time. If I had it to do over, I would use blue foam as boob did. I think I could have shaved off about 25gms.

I haven't flown it yet. Since there is a slight nose droop, as a precaution, I'm adding changing elevator high rate to 22mm vs 16mm. I'll keep 16mm as the mid rate. I also added 2 more magnets. Even with the wooden tongue, I was worried about the nose separating so I added 2 more magnets.

Forgive the off color on the nose... it's the best I could match by eye. It's actually not that bad in different. I wish I had a Home Depot close by as the Lowe's here sucks. I give them a FSN and they look at me funny, then proceed to try to match using their color swatches.
                    Barron06, Great mod! Just add some weathering to your newly painted section and possibly feather 'that new' color into the OEM paint on the rest of the canopy and use it on other panels on the rest of the fuselage. Looks really good, sir. Best LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                      Palos is his home field, though today he came out to St Charles. I highly recommend checking out St Charles, gorgeous field, 800' runway, and plenty of juice for chargers.
                      Amen! Love Fox Valley!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Fox Valley in all its Glory!
                        Its a private club, but worth every penny!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• When I lived in Crystal Lake back in the 80’s there was a field near Golf rd and Higgins. Wondering if it’s still there.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• It is.... Buses Woods. Smaller area for sure, 200X200 Square tarmac.

Comment

• Sorry Ned Brown Flying Field.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                                Fox Valley in all its Glory!
                                Its a private club, but worth every penny!
                                In the third picture, the shot is lined up "just right" so that the work tables look like they are perfectly stacked on top of each other. I was looking at it going "why would then need those stacked up like that, and the tables on the top are really tiny!)
                                LOL
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Good ole Forced Perspective!

Comment

• Guys.... Please check my work. .... CG AT 190 MM. ( 7.5 INCHES) Gear UP!

See photos ....

Thanks,

Reason I am asking is Pilot Ryan was starting that he cut the canopy on the 6S to get the batteries where he wanted em. .. This is an 8S. :-) looks good to me.
                                    Almost ready for Maiden.....

Comment

• I balance mine gear down with finger tips on the rear missile mount lug. It's close enough

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaumer View Post
                                        I balance mine gear down with finger tips on the rear missile mount lug. It's close enough
                                        Yep, same here, it works.....:Cool:

Comment

• I also do gear up as 90% of the time is when its flying

Comment

Working...
                                          X