X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hangflieger View Post
    Hello,gestern bei uns auf dem Platz ist mir beim zusammenbauen aufgefallen, das 10mm Kohlerohr ist 90mm zu kurz.Habt ihr das bei euch auch so und auch schon einmal nachgemessen?

Gruß Roland
    Hallo Roland,

bei meiner Phantom ist das 10mm Kohlerohr 400mm lang, genau wie in der Anleitung beschrieben. Beim Zusammenbau kann man das Rohr weiter in einen der beiden Flügel reinschieben! Vorher ein bisschen vermitteln!

Grüße
    Robert

Comment

• When I buy another Phantom, it will be from Eflite, not this pos Free Wing

Comment

• Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

• Might it have something to do with your abilities (or lack thereof) ? In which case you won't like the EFlite either and if you don't please send your whining to that other forum, this one is for useable tech information and positive critique.

Comment

• Oh snap! :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonybons View Post

I fly primarily at RCACF in Apopka. Also a member of Ocala and fly in Miami less frequently. Where do you live.
              I'm in St Cloud off Narcoosee Rd, south of 417.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crucianpilot View Post

I'm in St Cloud off Narcoosee Rd, south of 417.
                Let me know if you want to maiden at Apopka - you can fly as my guest. It’s not too far from you.

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by sfcbhunt View Post
                  When I buy another Phantom, it will be from Eflite, not this pos Free Wing
                  I’m curious why you feel the way you do - would be interested in your view. This phantom is my first EDF jet so I don’t have a lot to compare to but I found the kit extremely well packaged and labeled and I was impressed by the accuracy of the suggested throws, the length of the push rods which when installed required very few turns to achieve level ailerons and flaps and the way the plane flew. I have 6 flights on mine and I’m still tweaking a bit. The issue I see is that the flight times are so quick that it takes a few flights to fully dial it in.

On the downside, I did modify the elevator set up by installing the suggested Hitec 5245 and I used a 4-40 turnbuckle and 4-40 ball links. Also the supplied keepers and ball links are a little weak. From my perspective, all minor stuff.

tony

Comment

When I buy another Phantom, it will be from Eflite, not this pos Free Wing
                    My Phantom flies like a dream. I liked it so well I did a second in the Blue Angel Scheme. Got the phantom out today and got 6 flights in on it (along with 3 other jets), and it flies almost as easily as my Avanti and Stinger 90. Got 4 minutes on a RT 6250 mah battery. Sweet. And I only have the stock outrunner and it has plenty of speed and climbing power. One day I'll put the 1835 Kv inrunner in it that my F-16 has, but for now, I just upgraded the afterburner on both from the single burner to RC Geeks new twin burners so not too keen on switching them out for the inrunner. Finally got consistent with some slow high alpha landings so the pucker factor is now down to 1 on this jet.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonybons View Post

I’m curious why you feel the way you do - would be interested in your view. This phantom is my first EDF jet so I don’t have a lot to compare to but I found the kit extremely well packaged and labeled and I was impressed by the accuracy of the suggested throws, the length of the push rods which when installed required very few turns to achieve level ailerons and flaps and the way the plane flew. I have 6 flights on mine and I’m still tweaking a bit. The issue I see is that the flight times are so quick that it takes a few flights to fully dial it in.

On the downside, I did modify the elevator set up by installing the suggested Hitec 5245 and I used a 4-40 turnbuckle and 4-40 ball links. Also the supplied keepers and ball links are a little weak. From my perspective, all minor stuff.

tony
                      I got two Freewings in a row with a violent roll due to improper wing rigging: F-86 and F-4. I don't trust their QC or their engineering any more. I, too, replaced the elevator servo and linkage because it was Mickey Mouse. $500 is a lot of money to me for a POS. Next time I'll spend it at Horizon.

Comment

• Well...I've been sitting out lock down since I built the beast, restricted to powering it up on the lawn. This week l/down was eased so the wife and I went to the local park to give the F4 a few fast taxi runs. I knew the CG was slightly far back as I used a long Optipower 5000 battery that won't let the canopy down if it is forward. The grass was short and dry, I was running half flap with a wee bit up ele. and I gunned it to get an idea of the power. Before I knew it the thing was 50 ft up going up like a rocket!!! Throttled back and it levelled out nicely. Naturally by this time I was wetting my breeks so I did a half circuit and wing over to get back. Never raised the gear or the flaps , cut the throttle on the way down and let it glide to bleed the speed. It passed me about 3 feet off the grass and it looked fantastic .Just fed in up and it settled nicely further on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post

Hallo Roland,

bei meiner Phantom ist das 10mm Kohlerohr 400mm lang, genau wie in der Anleitung beschrieben. Beim Zusammenbau kann man das Rohr weiter in einen der beiden Flügel reinschieben! Vorher ein bisschen vermitteln!

Grüße
                          Robert
                          Hallo Robert,es ist bei mir auch 400mm lang,aber haben müsste es 490mm und warum sollte es man vermitteln wenn man gleich die passende Länge genommen hätte.Ich habe mir ein neues Rohr gemacht.

Gruß Roland

Comment

• You don't have to ask if you can spend your money at HH, go ahead. And I really don't care if you can't set up a plane properly. See if HH brands are any better, oh and you better get AS3X to help you fly it. :)

Originally posted by sfcbhunt View Post

I got two Freewings in a row with a violent roll due to improper wing rigging: F-86 and F-4. I don't trust their QC or their engineering any more. I, too, replaced the elevator servo and linkage because it was Mickey Mouse. $500 is a lot of money to me for a POS. Next time I'll spend it at Horizon.

Comment

• "Finally got consistent with some slow high alpha landings so the pucker factor is now down to 1 on this jet." The Holy Grail of pucker factors.....I'm still around 5 from yesterday's experience..............

Comment

• Originally posted by locharrow View Post
                                "Finally got consistent with some slow high alpha landings so the pucker factor is now down to 1 on this jet." The Holy Grail of pucker factors.....I'm still around 5 from yesterday's experience..............
                                Hay, but you just did the maiden, sort of. It took me about 50 flights to get it down to 1, so if you're starting at 5, your're "Half Way There" (to quote Bon Jovi) and way ahead of me at the start!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

What do you mean by "improper wing rigging"

Servos installed incorrectly or horns, hinges?

Comment

• The F-86 required almost a quarter inch of shims above the left leading edge before it would fly straight. The F-4 right hand panel has visibly great incidence than the left. I had to displaced the right aileron and the right flap up 3/16" to make it fly straight.

Comment

The F-86 required almost a quarter inch of shims above the left leading edge before it would fly straight. The F-4 right hand panel has visibly great incidence than the left. I had to displaced the right aileron and the right flap up 3/16" to make it fly straight.
                                      Thats a bummer.

Did you discuss it with Motion RC? I hav had a few problems but I've never had an issue they would not handle.

Based on my interactions with them I will continue to do business with them.

Comment

• No complaints about their support, but I won't buy another free wing until they get their quality sorted out. They have nothing to offer on that front.

Comment

No complaints about their support, but I won't buy another free wing until they get their quality sorted out. They have nothing to offer on that front.
                                          I only asked because they have replaced parts for me the few times I've had issues on the spot.

I'm not buying eflite but its because the finished planes are no where near what freewing puts out.

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                          X