X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post

Absolutely, and thank you, I loved your video and will be using it as a reference for the future.

I meant to ask, is your Phantom 8s or 6s?
    Mine was on 6S but with the FW 1835kv inrunner, I sold it and got into giant scale helicopters, hope to have another one day though.

Comment

• I need some help connecting the electronics for my Phantom. The provided diagram below shows to connect the throttle, elevator and rudder cables coming from the rear of the fuselage to the Servo Input connectors on the controller board. The diagram also shows to connect the throttle, elevator and rudder with cables from the receiver outputs of the controller board to the onboard receiver. Flightline provided cables for all the receiver outputs going to the receiver except for the throttle and the elevator. Is my kit missing these two cables or am I missing something on the provided diagram below? Thanks for any help.

Comment

• I connected the throttle and elevator directly into the Rx bypassing the board. Cuts out unnecessary wiring...................

Comment

• I have not been able to get either wing mounted to the fuselage, they appear to bind on the carbon fiber tubes. With the wings and tubes off of the fuselage I can insert the tubes into a wing with just very slight resistance. But, with the tubes mounted in the fuselage and I try to mount the wing on the two tubes at the same time they barely go in and lock up tight, I am afraid to push any harder on the wings for fear of damaging them. What am I missing here or is there a trick? Thanks for any help!

Comment

• Any misalignment will cause binding but usually it just takes pushing a little more on one or the other to find the "Sweet Spot" unless it just happens that you have a defect in the tube mounts in the wings or fuse but I have never heard of that being an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
              I have not been able to get either wing mounted to the fuselage, they appear to bind on the carbon fiber tubes. With the wings and tubes off of the fuselage I can insert the tubes into a wing with just very slight resistance. But, with the tubes mounted in the fuselage and I try to mount the wing on the two tubes at the same time they barely go in and lock up tight, I am afraid to push any harder on the wings for fear of damaging them. What am I missing here or is there a trick? Thanks for any help!
              Same! I gave the rod a very light rub with fine sand paper and a spray of WD40 and it worked a treat. Don't go daft on it, just a few strokes till it runs in smooth. Took mine out to fly it last night but the sun was a ball of fire above a tree line that would have been the downwind leg before landing ......chickened out !!

Comment

• ps...watch your wing connectors,mine had two wires that pushed out because they were loose.

Comment

• What color do I use for the grey ghosts vert stab? Also, for the sundowners...do you paint the vert stab RED...or white? The included graphics are sorta confusing...looks like they have the white stripes....but they have the red sun as well...which doesn't make sense. Thanks in advance!

I guess if I have to paint, I might as well do the warlords.

Comment

• What is the capacitor looking thing wrapped in the positive power lead to the ESC? (8S version)

Found it...anti-spark.
                    Last edited by djmoose; Jul 3, 2020, 09:54 PM. Reason: figured it out

Comment

• Hey guys - I'm looking at the 6S as I already have an avanti and fly that off grass (which it does superbly). This looks the next most capable grass flyer (as well as the F22/A10 but they don't interest me as much). I'm hoping the zippy 4500Mah 40C packs that work very well in the avanti will work with the 6S version well enough? I would go 8S but by the time I've bought 2S batteries and the extra 8s plane cost - its over budget really.

Comment

• Originally posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
                        Hey guys - I'm looking at the 6S as I already have an avanti and fly that off grass (which it does superbly). This looks the next most capable grass flyer (as well as the F22/A10 but they don't interest me as much). I'm hoping the zippy 4500Mah 40C packs that work very well in the avanti will work with the 6S version well enough? I would go 8S but by the time I've bought 2S batteries and the extra 8s plane cost - its over budget really.
                        I'm guessing 90 seconds to about 2 minutes of flight time with that battery after getting of grass with the 6s version of this bird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

I'm guessing 90 seconds to about 2 minutes of flight time with that battery after getting of grass with the 6s version of this bird.
                          Thanks. Yeh - great point....I do have 4 of them haha. So a huge 6mins of flight time could be doable in 4 flights.......then slowly but surely pick up bigger batteries I suppose. Still more appealing (financially) than the 8s (with at least 4x5000mah 4s batteries)...

Worth me noting - I'm not after a speed demon - I just haven't got a scale RC plane so would love to medium throttle passes and rolls etc.

Comment

Thanks. Yeh - great point....I do have 4 of them haha. So a huge 6mins of flight time could be doable in 4 flights.......then slowly but surely pick up bigger batteries I suppose. Still more appealing (financially) than the 8s (with at least 4x5000mah 4s batteries)...

Worth me noting - I'm not after a speed demon - I just haven't got a scale plane (other than the 1:1 Ev97 Eurostar I fly) so would love to medium throttle passes and rolls etc.
                            May I suggest wiring up two of your 4500's in parallel. That'll give you 9000 mah in the gas tank, 80C worth of punch, the F-4 airframe can handle the weight of both batteries no problem, and I'd wager even off grease you'll be looking at 5 minutes of flight time, based on your description of your flying style.

Comment

May I suggest wiring up two of your 4500's in parallel. That'll give you 9000 mah in the gas tank, 80C worth of punch, the F-4 airframe can handle the weight of both batteries no problem, and I'd wager even off grease you'll be looking at 5 minutes of flight time, based on your description of your flying style.
                              That is interesting! Great suggestion. Thank you.

My flying style is varied - the avanti will be my turn and burn agile flier...this one for pictures and that scale look. Maybe that is the answer!

Comment

That is interesting! Great suggestion. Thank you.

My flying style is varied - the avanti will be my turn and burn agile flier...this one for pictures and that scale look. Maybe that is the answer!
                                Works for me, I'm flying about 40% of all my EDF'S with lipos in Parallel. I recently did a lipo battery comparison over on the 90mm F-16 thread, and the clear winner turned out to be two 4200mah 6s 40c lipos in parallel.

Comment

Works for me, I'm flying about 40% of all my EDF'S with lipos in Parallel. I recently did a lipo battery comparison over on the 90mm F-16 thread, and the clear winner turned out to be two 4200mah 6s 40c lipos in parallel.
                                  I just went over to the F16 thread and thats some good research. Thanks. Most likely to go 6S version and if I want to fly it light stick a single 4500mah in there and if I can go heavy...put 2x 4500 in parallel.

I suppose it would be POSSIBLE to have the 8s setup, and use the 6S 4500mah 40c batters in series with some 2S 4500 40+c batteries - but assume that would be very short flight times...?

Comment

• The two batteries and a parallel adapter will be 1.5kg. I've flown 1050g packs and had to cut foam to move them back to where I wanted balance.

Also at 157x90x52 they might not fit.

Comment

I just went over to the F16 thread and thats some good research. Thanks. Most likely to go 6S version and if I want to fly it light stick a single 4500mah in there and if I can go heavy...put 2x 4500 in parallel.

I suppose it would be POSSIBLE to have the 8s setup, and use the 6S 4500mah 40c batters in series with some 2S 4500 40+c batteries - but assume that would be very short flight times...?
                                      In a word...yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        The two batteries and a parallel adapter will be 1.5kg. I've flown 1050g packs and had to cut foam to move them back to where I wanted balance.

Also at 157x90x52 they might not fit.
                                        The battery compartment is so cavernous the only dimension I can see as limiting is the width. I took the width measurement all the way back at the blue board shelf. This is as far back as you can get with out cutting foam or making other alterations to the battery compartment. I did this based on your statement of obtaining your desired CG. At the top I measured 60mm, under the lip there's an extra 10mm on either side, bringing the with of the battery bay just forward of the foam bulkhead to 80mm.

If you're trying to place the lipos side by side all the way back then you're correct, not going to fit. However, the compartment is deep enough to stack the lipos and swallow the 104mm that you need for the width, turned height. You'd only have to move the lipos forward less that an inch from the aft foam bulkhead to get the 90mm width from the height of your batteries turned on their sides.

The F-4 really does have one of the most generously proportioned battery compartments. Elongate the battery strap, put a piece of that non-skip rubber mat between them to prevent slippage and load her up!

Comment

• Side by side won't work on the tray in either width or weight (1500g for the two batteries and a parallel connector).

If you do remove the interconnection board (not a blue box) and stuff one of the batteries up there it may be possible. He really should just get the correct batteries.

Originally posted by Phantom View Post

The battery compartment is so cavernous the only dimension I can see as limiting is the width. I took the width measurement all the way back at the blue board shelf. This is as far back as you can get with out cutting foam or making other alterations to the battery compartment. I did this based on your statement of obtaining your desired CG. At the top I measured 60mm, under the lip there's an extra 10mm on either side, bringing the with of the battery bay just forward of the foam bulkhead to 80mm.

If you're trying to place the lipos side by side all the way back then you're correct, not going to fit. However, the compartment is deep enough to stack the lipos and swallow the 104mm that you need for the width, turned height. You'd only have to move the lipos forward less that an inch from the aft foam bulkhead to get the 90mm width from the height of your batteries turned on their sides.

The F-4 really does have one of the most generously proportioned battery compartments. Elongate the battery strap, put a piece of that non-skip rubber mat between them to prevent slippage and load her up!

Comment

Working...
                                          X