Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Paul - I can't speak for the 8S setup since I have only had the 6S but I have to say the 6S has plenty of power and would be surprised if you really felt the need for more. Just my two pennies!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Aros, thanks for the reply. From the Motion RC video the 6S looks to have plenty of power as you have shared. Their video of the 8S appears to dramatically increase the speed of the model. I was just wondering how much the speed would actually increase and if the additional weight made the model difficult to land.

Comment

• Hopefully one of these 8S Phantom drivers will give you their thoughts on that. Either way it's by far the finest foam Phantom ever to hit the market.
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
          I am an intermediate flyer and am considering the Flightline F4 Phantom. They offer both the 6S and 8S setups. I am sure once I am comfortable with it I will want the 8S. My question is, how much harder is the 8S to handle than the 6S? I could by the 6S and then upgrade but that is expensive. Can an intermediate just fly the 8S at a reduced speed and learn to fly it? Thanks for any feedback.
          Unless you "Feel the need for Speed", I'd stick with the 6S, especially since you consider yourself an "intermediate flyer". I have 2 F-4's on the 6S stock (not even an inrunner) and it has plenty of guts to get off of a grass field and make some nice somewhat high speed pass. Still, I fly it on a RT 6250 and get over 4 minutes of flight time as it can cruise at 50-60% throttle and climb for aerobatics at 80%. For me, it's all about throttle management to get more flight time while still being able to perform some aerobatics.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Got the new twin cone afterburners installed in both F-4's. I thought the original single cone AB's were bright, but these seem twice as effective. So much so, that I couldn't really get a decent picture of them even at low throttle where they first come on (it blinded the camera). Although both leads can be hooked up with a y-connector to the controller, I followed Chris's recommendation and gave each a servo wire to the controller which has 2 separate inputs if desired. This gives each nozzle it's own random flashing sequence and makes it look like there really are 2 fans. The best screws to attach them with are M3 set screws, either 4 or 5mm in length. They are self tapping and fits flush so you don't have to cut off a screw head, making it much easier to remove if you need to. The M3 set screws can be picked up from Amazon if you're interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_165438.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	247856Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_172342.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	247857Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_173140.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	247858
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh the afterburners look great, can’t wait to get mine finished up and see how they look in mine.

I am working on painting the 3D cockpit parts, it sure is time consuming.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut, But worth every minute. Lookin' good, WN. Well done. Best, LB
                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  Here is video of the gear door action on my F-4E. Next up will be to paint the nose.

Hi RCJ!

I am currently modifying my F-4 using RCGeek's kit. Would like to know what white bracket are you using on the nose gear strut to open and close the front gear door. I am also using a gear door internal hinge for the front gear door.

Thank you in advance fror your help!

Carlos Cordova
                  FLL

Comment

• My pilots from JHH arrived in the mail yesterday, I got them suited up in their VF-84 colors and mounted in the cockpit. Not as good as some others work on here but I think they look good.
                    Now I can get back to work on the plane.

Callie Graphics BTW: I want to give a big shout out to Callie. I received my graphics for the F-4 last week. I noticed the wing walks were black with white lettering. This is fine for the camo version. I contacted Callie and she is making me a set that is gray with black lettering which is proper for the Navy version. Great person to deal with and does excellent work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut, Great looking pilots. Diggin' the helmet details. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Aros, thanks for the reply. From the Motion RC video the 6S looks to have plenty of power as you have shared. Their video of the 8S appears to dramatically increase the speed of the model. I was just wondering how much the speed would actually increase and if the additional weight made the model difficult to land.
                        hi Paul,
                        I have the 8S Phantom but have not flown the 6S, so can not compare. I really appreciate the added weight when flying in wind and both the 6S and 8S handle the grass strips with no problems. I usually fly around with all kinds of stuff hanging off and have other planes to satisfy my need for speed. This is a very nice flying jet on either system.

Comment

Aros, thanks for the reply. From the Motion RC video the 6S looks to have plenty of power as you have shared. Their video of the 8S appears to dramatically increase the speed of the model. I was just wondering how much the speed would actually increase and if the additional weight made the model difficult to land.
                          Hi Paul,
                          totally agree with slamdance64. I fly the Phantom on 8S and like the extra power. She can really take the extra weight. But the 6S version also flies really nice. Your decision might also depend on what type of batteries you have most of?

Comment

• Thank you both for the 8S replies. I was just wondering if the 8S is much faster than the 6s?

Comment

• First you can build the F-4 in 8S and not be much heavier. I have a JF/HET set up in mine that is a bit more powerful than the FW set up, also about the same weight with lighter fan but heavier motor. But a lot more expensive. I'm using a 6S and 2S 5200 in series that weigh 850g together.

That said extra power is nice to have. Extra power in itself is not harder to fly and could save you in an emergency. And the F-4 does handle extra weight if you decide on a slightly heavier set up.

I'd say a good 20mph faster in my case.

Comment

• I have been working on detailing the F-4, I have went over all the panel lines with a medium charcoal pencil. My wife bought a Cricut vinyl cutter. I designed a sheet with rows of rivets and cut that in low tack vinyl stencil material. I should get 3 to 4 uses out of each strip of rivets.
                                I am going to use the same base color as the plane and mix it to a slightly darker color for the rivets.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Hi guys,
                                  I used the light gray from the bottom and mixed in some gray from the top. I applied the rivets with an airbrush to the bottom of one of the stabilators. The rivets are subtle.
                                  What do you think?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Love it! Great stuff!!! Happy Easter!!

Comment

• My wife has two vinyl cutters so l may have to put her to work!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        My wife has two vinyl cutters so l may have to put her to work!!
                                        Good luck with that,
                                        Each sheet has 1,075 rivets. It took me almost an hour to weed out the individual rivets from the sheet with an exacting knife. My wife said I was on my own with that .

Comment

• Salut à tous, voici un de mes futurs pilotes à qui j'ai apporté une petite modification 😍 . La tête devient désormais mobile avec un petit micro servos dans le buste !!! Il reste à faire la finition du tableau et du second et en peinture ainsi que les parties 3D du cockpit également en attendant la livraison de mon F4 ..... 🙄

Comment

Working...
                                          X