Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff!!! Thank you!!!

Comment

• Nice find Elbee!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Starting to look like a drag chute...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180226_181615.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	120114

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          Starting to look like a drag chute...

Wow. Nice work.

Mike
          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Starting to look like a drag chute...

All I have to say is, " Steve you are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!

Comment

•  
              BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	120178
                Nice job on the chute, Steve!

Here's a photo of Evelyn and the F-4 in the Mojave Desert.

Comment

• Looks like that plane is as big as she is. I wish I could enjoy flying edfs, I really like this one.:Straight-Face:

Comment

• Originally posted by EAMRC View Post
                    Anyone working on a 3d printed "E" conversion ?
                    I'm working with TheRCGeek on an E conversion kit. If it works, it will be quite complicated. The nose gear door assembly is completely different. I'm also coordinating with AirSally, who in my opinion is one of the very best fiberglass craftsmen in the business.

These things will take time to research, develop, and get right. So for now, no promises.

I can say with assurity though that Freewing and I decided to create a 3DP exhaust nozzle set for the F-4, based on strong demand. Stay tuned for more info.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• With burners? :)

Comment

• Alpha, will these nozzles be hardware for purchase or a 3dpup file to be distributed? Elbee
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Steve that drag chute is SPOT ON! You never seize to amaze.
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Steve, love the drag chute! That looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing you get it installed and working.

Got my JF90 set up yesterday. Now I just need an airframe to stick it in! :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              Steve, love the drag chute! That looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing you get it installed and working.

Got my JF90 set up yesterday. Now I just need an airframe to stick it in! :)
                              Thanks guys. Don't we all Pat... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

I can say with assurity though that Freewing and I decided to create a 3DP exhaust nozzle set for the F-4, based on strong demand. Stay tuned for more info.
                                I appreciate this, and may just get this set regardless as I recently ordered a dual 64mm afterburner ring set and with the current nozzles it looks like it might take some significant modification to get it to work. Do you happen to have any measurements of the current nozzles? Would the 3DP nozzles have any increased diameter, or just increased detail? Thanks Alpha.

Comment

• Chris (The RC Geek) is working on an afterburner system that bolts directly onto the back of the Freewing EDF housing. These should be available for 80mm setups shortly, but I do know he is getting his hands on a 90mm setup this week to develop one for that as well. I've seen test versions of the 980mm, and it is very bright. Can't wait until he starts selling these. I have several 80mm setups that I will be getting, and I will get one for the F-4 once they are available for 90mm.
                                  Pat

Comment

• Yes, I was chatting with him about the 80mm outrunner setups. Based on the progress of how things are going with this, I wouldn't assume a 90mm setup would be in the works just yet, let alone ready for production. I agree though, these things are the real deal!

Comment

• A friend of mine is shipping him a Freewing 90mm unit today I think, so it is something Chris will be working on eventually. At least I hope so. ;)
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                        Looks like that plane is as big as she is. I wish I could enjoy flying edfs, I really like this one.:Straight-Face:
                                        I am looking to get my first EDF soon as my next model purchase. After a long debate it looks like the Freewing Hawk T1 70mm EDF is the best military style jet trainer to start with that is currently being offered.
                                        I am hoping that should prepare me to fly the mighty F-4 someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                          Looks like that plane is as big as she is. I wish I could enjoy flying edfs, I really like this one.:Straight-Face:
                                          What is it about EDF's you don't like? Maybe we can convert you...
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X