Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still, 12 planes in 7 1/2 months is a pretty good clip...

Comment

• All ready to go. Just need a plane to put it in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180303_221208.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	120793

Comment

• Niiiice! Can't wait to see it in action!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Does anyone have a photo of the EDF bay and maybe even some measurements? I would like to see how much work is involved to mount my FMS 90mm EDF in there.

Also, you guys using the YEP150, would you use the SBEC on the ESC (6A) or a UBEC for this bird? I have some 8A UBEC's on hand.
          Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
            Does anyone have a photo of the EDF bay and maybe even some measurements? I would like to see how much work is involved to mount my FMS 90mm EDF in there.

Also, you guys using the YEP150, would you use the SBEC on the ESC (6A) or a UBEC for this bird? I have some 8A UBEC's on hand.
            Is the FMS 90mm better than the Freewing 90mm? Does it produce more thrust? Just curious

Comment

• Got the 8s PNP version ordered. Order #303296.
              Will probably be in Aransas Pass, Texas for my granddaughter's graduation when it arrives. Will have to have it delivered to my work place. By then, our spring hurricanes should be done.
              Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

On repair bench: ASM F7F Tigercat, GP Ryan STA-M, BH P-40C Tigershark

Building HK 60cc T-6 Texan, VQ P-82 Twin Mustang

Comment

• Originally posted by BigElectFlyr View Post
                Got the 8s PNP version ordered. Order #303296.
                Will probably be in Aransas Pass, Texas for my granddaughter's graduation when it arrives. Will have to have it delivered to my work place. By then, our spring hurricanes should be done.
                Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Congrats on your grand daughter and the F4 too!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Congrats on your grand daughter and the F4 too!!! :Cool:
                  Thanks. Looking forward to both!
                  Don

Currently flying FW F-4C Phantom II 8s PNP, GP Waco YMF5, GP P-6E Hawk V1, H9 Spitfire MkIX 30cc, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite 1.2M Spitfire MkIX, EFlite 1.2M F4U Corsair, EFlite 1.2M T-28, EFlite 1.2M P-47D Thunderbolt v1.

On repair bench: ASM F7F Tigercat, GP Ryan STA-M, BH P-40C Tigershark

Building HK 60cc T-6 Texan, VQ P-82 Twin Mustang

Comment

• Here's a quick video I shot on the morning of announcement day! For all intents and purposes, this video records the FIRST PUBLIC LOOK at this stunning new model from Freewing!

Tony Accurso shows us around the model and does a great job showing off it's many features:

Enjoy this video record of the Phantom's first public "in person" appearance...

Make the popcorn, it's MOVIE TIME!

Comment

• So I did a little digging around Thunderbird #4. Thinking about doing my Phantom in T-Bird livery as it brings back fond memories of my dad who was a Security Police (name has probably changed since he left in 72) in the Air Force. I had mentioned that the #4 was painted black as I remembered from back in the day. I went to Airliners.net to dig up some better pictures and found a few of ole #4. It seems that #4 wasn't painted at all, it was just the soot that gathered on her from riding in the wake of #1. Base on that, I would have to do a little weathering to get that effect. This one always stayed with me during my youth.

Comment

• :
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Justwingit View Post
                          Here's a quick video I shot on the morning of announcement day! For all intents and purposes, this video records the FIRST PUBLIC LOOK at this stunning new model from Freewing!

Tony Accurso shows us around the model and does a great job showing off it's many features:

Enjoy this video record of the Phantom's first public "in person" appearance...

Make the popcorn, it's MOVIE TIME!
                          Thanks for capturing a fun time with good friends. If you noticed in the background, Evelyn watched over the Phantom like a security guard. Haha! She is really protective of the jet and her FlightlineRC Bearcat. No added pressure for the pilot! ;)

Comment

• Wow Tony, just don't ever crash it...might break her heart. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              Wow Tony, just don't ever crash it...might break her heart. LOL
                              Pray for me, Steve! :) I was surprised by how tense she was before the maiden flight. I told her, "You have trained me well, Master Evelyn...I will use the force!" ;)

Comment

• You got it. ;)

Comment

• Any further updates on when we might be able to get the 3DPUP files for this bad boy!

Comment

• Did someone finally break down and get a printer? :)

Comment

• Need ideas how to cut away the foam to insert a little bigger 90mm fan. Fan is from Motion just a little bigger

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post
                                        Did someone finally break down and get a printer? :)
                                        Took one of my boys to find out about getting braces today and it is going to cost less than I thought. So much so that a 3D printer is now a much more possible option. :) I hope to place an order very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by kce View Post
                                          Need ideas how to cut away the foam to insert a little bigger 90mm fan. Fan is from Motion just a little bigger
                                          Welcome to HobbySquawk kce. I have used Dremel sanding drums, xacto knives, bare utility knife blades and 60 grit sandpaper glued to a piece of PVC pipe. Whatever it takes...

Comment

Working...
                                          X