Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost done with the cockpit upgrade I also use a drop of clear resin in each dial to simulate de glass. To dry the resin I hold de dash under a UV ledlight for 60 sec to dry.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Matrix View Post
      Almost done with the cockpit upgrade.
      DM, Looks Great, Dave. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DM, Looks Great, Dave. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
        Thank you Elbee

Comment

• Very nice indeed! I have my F4 in the box, but have all of the cockpit stuff ready to go! Fun! Great job bro! From Texas to you! Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
            Very nice indeed! I have my F4 in the box, but have all of the cockpit stuff ready to go! Fun! Great job bro! From Texas to you! Jerry
            Thanks Hardway

Comment

• The PIC is ready. One WSO to go! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_233602.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	207252
              Attached Files

Comment

• Does anyone do print job for money. I need a nose gear support for the Avanti S and the A4 Free Wing. Please let me know. Can PayPal ahead. Thanks. Kevin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Matrix View Post
                  The PIC is ready. One WSO to go!
                  DM, Great detail, my friend. Bravo Zulu. It does seem, however, that the WSOs are are always the last to get finished with anything, but don't leave home without one. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Kferros View Post
                    Does anyone do print job for money. I need a nose gear support for the Avanti S and the A4 Free Wing. Please let me know. Can PayPal ahead. Thanks. Kevin.
                    I can printed for free, just paid for the us mail. I printed for a friend.

Comment

• Hello all,

t would be nice to have a long nose options to convert the original F-4C to an F-4E, or F-4G Wild Weasel II, this being the most fascinating version IMHO. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Carlos

Comment

• Originally posted by A320jockey View Post
                        Hello all,

t would be nice to have a long nose options to convert the original F-4C to an F-4E, or F-4G Wild Weasel II, this being the most fascinating version IMHO. Any ideas?

Cheers!

Carlos
                        Carlos, Check out The RC Geek's website. He has an "E"-Nose Mod that is 3DP for the Freewing F-4 Phantom. Best, Steve
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by A320jockey View Post
                          Hello all,

Cheers!

Carlos
                          Hi Carlos, welcome to HobbySquawk, if you have a 3D printer or know somebody who has one, on this page you will find a lot of parts to convert a F-4 Phantom.

Download files and build them with your 3D printer, laser cutter, or CNC.

Comment

• A320jockey, what Jets and Wings wrote. And if you will check out the "3DP Printing" forum here at Hobby Squawk, you;ll find STL Zip Files of many of the parts I added to my Phantom beginning with Post #611 https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...e31#post240692 . I did not design any files for an "E" variant as those are available through RCGeek for purchase and I think there's a set on Thingiverse. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hey J&W, Elbee and group!

Thank you so much for your welcome message and links to useful info! Indeed I didn't notice this was my first post ever at HobbySquawk, hope I can add my own contributions with time. Currently in process of getting a 2nd hand Freewing Phantom II which will convert to a Wild Weasel as it it the version I like most. Was on static scale model building for several years but switched to R/C some 14 years ago. 3D printing catches my attention a lot so will check the related forums and continue on my ever-learning path. Having been a scale modeler, I tend to super-detail my aircraft as much as possible. Currently getting into EDF jets with an EFlite Thunderbirds F-16 which flies like a dream, my only issue having been landing without SAFE activated which resulted on a damaged landing gear (too much badly compensated roll on short final with a crosswind).

So since the parts are available, will go ahead with the mods when the model arrives at my workbench! Will share my progress pictures.

Happy (and safe) flying!

Carlos
                              FLL

Comment

• Something for RN F-4K Lovers on Thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4698718

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1529.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	291984

Comment

• Originally posted by eastdave2 View Post
                                  Something for RN F-4K Lovers on Thingiverse.
                                  ED, Welcome to "the Squawk" and thank you for the link, Sir. Is this your design and/or Phantom project? Keep those pictures coming and glad to have you onboard, Sir. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes my design from drawings on Fusion 360, free to download. I am making a RN F-4K ish as the freewing fuse is wrong but good enough for a standoff. Has AnyoneClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 17.43.19.png
Views:	299
Size:	626.8 KB
ID:	292292 flown the 600 Gallon drop tank, I printed it, wow it is heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by eastdave2 View Post
                                      Yes my design from drawings on Fusion 360, free to download. I am making a RN F-4K ish as the freewing fuse is wrong but good enough for a standoff. Has AnyoneClick image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 17.43.19.png Views:	0 Size:	626.8 KB ID:	292292flown the 600 Gallon drop tank, I printed it, wow it is heavy.
                                      ED, i have flown with it and it was dragging in turns more than usual, but it looked great. I do have a comment, though, what were you're setups when printing your 600 gal tank? I modded crxmanpat tank design from Thingiverse and it printed out to 127 grams with paint. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0574.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.2 KB ID:	292329Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0575.JPG Views:	0 Size:	132.8 KB ID:	292330
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• What are the rings for?

Comment

• Elbee
                                          Elbee commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I think you are seeing my seam lines. I did not fill print lines, seams or post-process the print other than primer paint and bit-o-weathering. Best, LB

• I might be missing something here, are we talking about this 3d printed tank?

600 GALLON centerline fuel tank and pylon---- Updated to better scale and pylon mount Added Hollow version

or is this your own design?

I note mine doesn't have those nice little wings at the back

Comment

Working...
                                        X