Clear All

Yeah, I am going to make an opening canopy... so what! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181204_075048.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	164673

Comment

I have the frame printed as well. Not sure yet if I will tackle that project though.
      Pat

Comment

I hope the 3dpup main gear door will soon be released.

Comment

Gear doors will probably be uploaded by early next week. The F-22 arrived Stateside two weeks ahead of schedule and we're a little... ...occupied... ... :)

Just to be clear, the main gear door files are unlit --we didn't plan to include a mount for an LED on the interior of these main gear doors, due to the clearance and geometry constraints. They're just plain doors with hinges that will require some DIY to install.

Unless there's enough of you who really wanted lit doors...
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
            Yeah, I am going to make an opening canopy... so what! LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181204_075048.jpg
Views:	1032
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	164673
            Of course you are ;)
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              Gear doors will probably be uploaded by early next week. The F-22 arrived Stateside two weeks ahead of schedule and we're a little... ...occupied... ... :)

Just to be clear, the main gear door files are unlit --we didn't plan to include a mount for an LED on the interior of these main gear doors, due to the clearance and geometry constraints. They're just plain doors with hinges that will require some DIY to install.

Unless there's enough of you who really wanted lit doors...

Great.
              Thanks.
              But what do you mean by "unlit" or "lit"?
              You mean, lit means including a mounting for landing lights?

Comment

Why are there no links attached to supposed links in the first post for the 3D parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Sotm View Post
                  Why are there no links attached to supposed links in the first post for the 3D parts?
                  They are placeholders

Comment

Where are the links then?

Comment

The files are in Post #2.

Or click the link on the F-22 Support page:

F-22 Raptor High Performance 90mm EDF Jet from Freewing - PNP - FJ31314P Version Note: This is the High Performance version which includes, as of 10/12/2023, a newly designed 3668-1960Kv inrunner motor with 12-blade EDF and a thrust reversing 120A ESC. The F-22 Raptor is the world’s first Fifth Generation fighter, and
                      Pat

Comment

I have no access to a printer, unfortunately, and I'm wondering if some kind soul would be willing to print and mail me the canopy frame and cockpit detail parts? I'll certainly pay for your time and shipping costs with PayPal, if that suits. Please note I'm in Ontario, Canada, so there is that slight complication for the shipping. Please PM me, and thank you!
                        Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                          I have no access to a printer, unfortunately, and I'm wondering if some kind soul would be willing to print and mail me the canopy frame and cockpit detail parts? I'll certainly pay for your time and shipping costs with PayPal, if that suits. Please note I'm in Ontario, Canada, so there is that slight complication for the shipping. Please PM me, and thank you!
                          Tom
                          I have enough of a need for one I should just buy it. If I had one I would print you the parts

Comment

All you really need to do to this plane is fly it:Cool:
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Tom
                              Do you have someone to help you with getting the parts printed.

Comment

Not as yet!
                                Tom

Comment

At first, many thanks for offering these files for free! While waiting for my F-22 here in Germany, I've started printing the cockpit parts on a Prusa i3 Mk3 with a .25 nozzle and I'm pretty happy with the parts that came out so far. But it looks like some announced parts are missing in the published files:

a) Refering to #2, Tutorial 1, Cockpit Set: 3 parts that go aft of the rear section of the seat plus the part shown below the seat's front section
                                  b) Intake Cover Set
                                  c) Pitot and Generator Set

Will those parts be made available as well?

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                    At first, many thanks for offering these files for free! While waiting for my F-22 here in Germany, I've started printing the cockpit parts on a Prusa i3 Mk3 with a .25 nozzle and I'm pretty happy with the parts that came out so far. But it looks like some announced parts are missing in the published files:

a) Refering to #2, Tutorial 1, Cockpit Set: 3 parts that go aft of the rear section of the seat plus the part shown below the seat's front section
                                    b) Intake Cover Set
                                    c) Pitot and Generator Set

Will those parts be made available as well?

Frank
                                    Hi Frank, I just uploaded those parts to Post #2. Enjoy! Thanks for your support!

Comment

I airbrushed the interior of the stock canopy with a light coat of Tamiya Clear Gold and Clear Base ( 15% to 85% ). The effect is alright. In all of these pictures, it's the same canopy. It appears coffee colored or golden depending on the viewing angle and sunlight. In the air it's not noticeable. I only dusted the interior lightly since I still want to be able to see the cockpit details.

In the completely opposite direction, perhaps we could stock clear canopies for people who want to see all the cockpit detail perfectly clearly without any degree of tint. If there's enough interest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2957.JPG Views:	1 Size:	199.9 KB ID:	165445Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2901.JPG Views:	1 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	165444
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2954.JPG Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	165443Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC2921.JPG Views:	1 Size:	198.1 KB ID:	165446

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hi Frank, I just uploaded those parts to Post #2. Enjoy! Thanks for your support!
                                        Hi Alpha,
                                        many thanks! But, errr.., is there an F22StarboardCover file as well?

Comment

Tom
                                          So I've just, belatedly, realized I can just buy the cockpit parts from Motion when they become available. all I really need is the canopy frame, which they're not offering. As I plan to do an opening canopy, can anyone help?
                                          Tom

Comment

Working...
                                          X