Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is an ESC cover (designed for the 6s 130A unit).

Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you for your work, Radar! I have your F-22 wheel covers installed and will certainly do this ESC cover. Are your wing spar fairing files available?- haven't been able to find them.
      Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
        Thank you for your work, Radar! I have your F-22 wheel covers installed and will certainly do this ESC cover. Are your wing spar fairing files available?- haven't been able to find them.
        Tom
        Thanks for the kind words, Pogo. Look up posts 105 (rear fairing) and 185 (front fairings).
        Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks for the kind words, Pogo. Look up posts 105 (rear fairing) and 185 (front fairings).
          Frank
          Guess I didn't look very hard, lol! Thanks Frank!
          Tom

Comment

• Hey did anyone ever come up with some outer gear doors the are controlled from the inside without modifying the existing ones? Just wondering....and hoping. BTW I have plenty of the lexan sheet material for the LUD screen as well as the reflective sheet for anyone wanting to do my mod for the lit HUD and forward pointing green light as seen on the main thread.

Comment

• Brad, I did it with an arm I designed and mounted to the inside of the door. The only real mod to the door is to remove the horn on the outside of it and a little bit of a rib on the inside of the door. You have seen this before haven't you?

Comment

• Yes I have. Guess it was a senior moment.:Loser: Anyway, when I'm finally done with all the other mods, I will probably contact you about making those doors and the "hubcaps". Thanks for getting back to me.:Cool:

Comment

• That’s where I got my hubs and doors :Cool:

I swear I’ll get a printer soon haha. There are endless possibilities using one in this hobby

Comment

• Hey Steve, what do you think about styrene or other material for push rod exits for the rudders? Being that you are the creativity leader among us I thought I'd throw a challenge out there. If you look at the real plane, there is sort of a hood that covers the pushrod controlling the rudder. This is the most exposed surface on the airframe and an oportunity to "clean up" another control surface. What do you think?

Comment

• Landing gear wheel tires: Have you all had problems with the tires on this model? They seem to be made out of some soft foam that deforms after a few landings. and then becomes "bumpy". This is not rubber like it should be. Any ideas what to use as replacement wheels?

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                        Hey Steve, what do you think about styrene or other material for push rod exits for the rudders? Being that you are the creativity leader among us I thought I'd throw a challenge out there. If you look at the real plane, there is sort of a hood that covers the pushrod controlling the rudder. This is the most exposed surface on the airframe and an oportunity to "clean up" another control surface. What do you think?
                        Brad, the trouble with that is the servo, rod etc. are at right angles to the control surface, as they need to be, but not to the airflow and so fairings, or blisters, would look goofy. The elevator servos, on the other hand, are crying out to be "faired", like the big 'uns, so I used some vac- formed shapes from :
                        https://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/ Keith is a good guy and has all kinds of interesting stuff on his site. :Cool:
                        Tom

Comment

• Thanks for that Tom. I actually already have some of those that I got from Keith some time ago. Not tall enough for the rudders or elevators but the right idea. I was hoping Steve or someone with that capability could come up with one tall enough to work in various applications on this plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
                            Landing gear wheel tires: Have you all had problems with the tires on this model? They seem to be made out of some soft foam that deforms after a few landings. and then becomes "bumpy". This is not rubber like it should be. Any ideas what to use as replacement wheels?
                            The tires have key marks on them and the wheel hubs have tabs or keys that slot into those marks on the inside of the tire. If they slip off the tabs on the hub, the tire will become "bumpy" and spin uneven looking. It's not easy to spin the tire on the rim by hand. But it can be done. Once you have them properly seated, I suppose you could glue them in place. Maybe some foam tac or E6000. I don't know, I haven't tried doing that yet. I've just stubbornly been fixing them when they slip. But I do agree. Rubber or rubber jacketed tires should be the norm on these 90mm and larger jets.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHW View Post

The tires have key marks on them and the wheel hubs have tabs or keys that slot into those marks on the inside of the tire. If they slip off the tabs on the hub, the tire will become "bumpy" and spin uneven looking. It's not easy to spin the tire on the rim by hand. But it can be done. Once you have them properly seated, I suppose you could glue them in place. Maybe some foam tac or E6000. I don't know, I haven't tried doing that yet. I've just stubbornly been fixing them when they slip. But I do agree. Rubber or rubber jacketed tires should be the norm on these 90mm and larger jets.
                              Thank you - good advice. I rotated the tires and they "popped" into the grooves and are now round. This is a really bad design!

Comment

• Hi there, this is my first post on Hobby squawk but I am no way new to RC jets.
                                I've had one of these since it came out and I have yet to assemble it.
                                I have read through this thread about the 3d parts, and as I will be having a set printed I would like to double check. Are the files in this part/original post the same as the ones on the MRC website. As I do not have a stl file reader so I'm not sure which files to give the printer shop. Can anyone give me a heads up/on which are the correct ones.

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Here are the .stl files I have created to be able to make the opening canopy mod like I did it. Could the parts be improved upon? Absolutely. I was able to make a slight change to the tab on the underside of Alphas canopy frame to make for a stronger attachment with the pivot arm I designed. I am still learning Fusion 360 and had to have some help from a friend who is more skilled at it than me to make the change to the canopy frame and create the missing inlet cover but we both learned a lot in the process. I will try to put together a mod thread with more pictures and videos to help make it easier for anyone who wants to give the opening canopy a go. I have also included the missing Starboard Inlet Cover below. All together, with the 3D printed cockpit parts, stock pilot figure and a 17 gram metal gear servo the mod added just under 4 ozs. total to the stock canopy/cockpit tub. I did have to shift my batteries (8S) back a little more to get it to CG but it did without much effort.

Steve

[ATTACH]n169349[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169350[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169351[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169352[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169353[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169354[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169355[/ATTACH]
                                [ATTACH]n169356[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Hi All Hope you are all well,

I have done something a little different with my Freewing F22 Raptor,I know its not to scale but its my favorite scheme.

I purchased this as an arf kit it was a little beaten up so i decided to do it my style.

Take a look any comments welcome.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162393.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	318263Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162404.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.9 KB ID:	318264Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162415.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	318265Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964162381.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	318266
                                  This is the original condition before mods

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313939.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	318267Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313974.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.3 KB ID:	318268Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964313955.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	318269 .

After some repairs& Primer added did some more sanding Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463469.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	318271Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463404.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	113.1 KB ID:	318272

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463449.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	318270
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463426.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	142.0 KB ID:	318273

Repairs and primer done..

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463502.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	169.5 KB ID:	318274Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463485.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	318275Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463517(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	62.1 KB ID:	318276

Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253537(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	318279Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253560(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	318280Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253598(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	86.5 KB ID:	318281Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964253621(2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	318282

Now for some white paint to start off the scheme.
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463380(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	38.2 KB ID:	318278
                                  Click image for larger version  Name:	1625964463533(1).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	106.1 KB ID:	318277

Comment

• CP, Beautiful work, Sir. You've saved this one. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Decals applied
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1625965103267(1).jpeg
Views:	496
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	318289

Name:	1625965103256(2).jpeg
Views:	473
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	318290

Name:	1625965103246(1).jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	318291

Name:	1625965205164(1).jpg
Views:	482
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	318292

Name:	1625965205147.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	318293

Name:	1625965205176(1).jpg
Views:	483
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	318294

Now for the under belly with some yellow.

Name:	1625965205101(1).jpg
Views:	461
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	318295

Name:	1625965205201.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	318296

Name:	1625965205132(1).jpg
Views:	471
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	318297

Name:	1625963952000(2).jpg
Views:	473
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	318298

Finished build

Hope you like

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                        CP, Beautiful work, Sir. You've saved this one. Best, LB
                                        Cheers LB Glade you like

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                          Brad, I did it with an arm I designed and mounted to the inside of the door. The only real mod to the door is to remove the horn on the outside of it and a little bit of a rib on the inside of the door. You have seen this before haven't you?

Awsome looks nice and clean

Comment

Working...
                                          X