Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang! This looks like a fun jet. What 4S system did you put in it?

Comment

its the 12 blade fan from the super scorpion I beleave it has a 2850kv motor from bangood but I used a ZTW85 amp esc .... I think motion is using a 2750kv motor ;)
      ..maybe Jon can help you on the specs better after I install something I forget all about the stats

Comment

Thanks for the details. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
          Dang! This looks like a fun jet. What 4S system did you put in it?
          Bang Good sells an FMS 70mm EDF unit. I added a Hobby Wing ESC from MotionRC.

Comment

Thanks, Bajora. :)

Comment

Here is a short video of my FMS powered Yak 130 ... my daughter shot the video and it is a little shaky, so apologies in advance. It is pretty short though, so you do not have to endure THAT much pain!:p

Comment

nice Jon...and I like the shot of the fan as it showed me I put mine in right...mine slid about a 16 of a inch forward then yours but its all good thanks

Comment

finally made room for the yak (crashed my gorgeous p51) so got it together...used epoxy on tail feathers but tried there glue on nose...is there glue worth a darn or is the nose coming off in my hand soon? lol

Comment

I think it is a contact style cement Ron? It takes a little time to fully setup.

Get 'er done and in the air! :) I have been taking my 4S one out every time I go flying and (knock on wood) am getting pretty comfortable with it and am even greasing most of my landings now ... No bounce!

Comment

fms gray yak they also have a red one lol...only difference from freewing is the drop tanks I think

Comment

iam still bouncing the hell out of this plane lol the gear seems very strong as I can bend it back in shape after every landing :) at least I am not landing it in a tree anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                          fms gray yak they also have a red one lol...only difference from freewing is the drop tanks I think
                          It's interesting this topic came up. I just noticed on the Horizon site that they list the Yak 130, 70mm as "FMS".

I've always suspected there was some sort of connection between Freewing and FMS, sort of like Toyota and Scion. Does anyone know what the actual relationship is?
                          Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                          iam still bouncing the hell out of this plane lol the gear seems very strong as I can bend it back in shape after every landing :) at least I am not landing it in a tree anymore
                          Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I've given up on landing this plane on its wheels. I take off with gear down but always belly land and the landings of almost always "greasers". Mind you, I fly off very rough grass but when I do fly off a prepared runway, I will still belly land it on the grass on either side of the runway. In the beginning with this plane, some of the bouncy landings nearly destroyed my plane.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                            It's interesting this topic came up. I just noticed on the Horizon site that they list the Yak 130, 70mm as "FMS".

I've always suspected there was some sort of connection between Freewing and FMS, sort of like Toyota and Scion. Does anyone know what the actual relationship is?

FMS just simply came out with a 70mm Yak, and two color schemes, but doesn't have any relation to Freewing. It does have its fair share of differences, some better, and some worse. There is a thread going regarding the FMS version on RCgroups with information on the differences, and some pictures as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                              http://www.horizonhobby.com/yak-130-...d-p-fmm088pred
                              Hello xviper,
                              The visuals is the only relative close connection. This is a very close copy by FMS of the Freewing but I wouldn't say there is a connection between the two.
                              If you go down thru the specs on each airframe you will see that the Freewing is larger but not by much. Here's a couple of the most significant differences:

FMS FW
                              Span 880mm 920mm
                              Length 1060mm 1050mm
                              Motor 2860- KV1850 3048-2150KV

Best regards,
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Although those differences are subtle, on a plane in this size category, it's significant. I'm glad I got the Freewing. Strangely, I prefer Freewing for my EDFs and FMS for my prop planes.

Comment

Neat as some of its features are, the similarities to Freewing's 70mm Yak-130 are significant enough that we don't currently plan on carrying the FMS 70mm Yak-130.
                                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I was a bit disappointed to see the what looks to be a very close "copy" of the overall Freewing design. So many aspects are similar that it's impossible to miss.

Comment

I'm all for improvement, and they say imitation is the best kind of flattery, but I'd prefer to see more Innovation. There are enough aircraft out there that people want that haven't already been done, than to release the same size/format/aircraft only a year later. Where's my Viggen, Tornado, Jaguar, or Lightning? Perfect 70mm candidates among a plethora of others.
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Bingo. Exactly man

Comment

Ooooh... A Tornado or a Jaguar would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                          X