Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find the best thing about the fms fan is that the esc and battery come home barley warm where the freewing fans make esc and batteries hot..just maidened the t33 and battery was as I stated hot for the type of throttle managed flight fms just got another fan order from me.....

Comment

• I did some basic static thrust testing with the idea mentioned above (covering bottom cheater vent). Using a basic scale with the nose cone off the jet and pushing against the scale on the wall is how i did these initial tests.

Using a Turnigy Heavy Duty 4000mah 6S 60C pack fully charged with each test.

1) Completely stock
      - 2.3kg of thrust

2) Using clear packaging tape to cover bottom cheater vent
      - 1.7kg of thrust

Again this is super basic an not exact by any means, but it gives a good idea of the static thrust changes with & without the vent being used.

I am working on a way of doing the same test only force feeding air into the intakes to simulate air flow during flight. When i get time to do that next test i'll post the details of testing & results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crick3t View Post
        I did some basic static thrust testing with the idea mentioned above (covering bottom cheater vent). Using a basic scale with the nose cone off the jet and pushing against the scale on the wall is how i did these initial tests.

Using a Turnigy Heavy Duty 4000mah 6S 60C pack fully charged with each test.

1) Completely stock
        - 2.3kg of thrust

2) Using clear packaging tape to cover bottom cheater vent
        - 1.7kg of thrust

Again this is super basic an not exact by any means, but it gives a good idea of the static thrust changes with & without the vent being used.

I am working on a way of doing the same test only force feeding air into the intakes to simulate air flow during flight. When i get time to do that next test i'll post the details of testing & results.
        Did you get any more data?

Here's my home-made afterburner for the F-4

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• can someone tel me where each of these wires go. i got the batt and the two throttle using a y and dropping one red from it. what is the wire ubec wire go and what does it do i have never used a esc with a external ubec.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBill View Post
            can someone tel me where each of these wires go. i got the batt and the two throttle using a y and dropping one red from it. what is the wire ubec wire go and what does it do i have never used a esc with a external ubec.
            Hello

Those ESC's are opto, that means they have no SBEC ore UBEC, so you need a separate BEC to power your rcvr etc.

Well, Ubec ore Sbec is for yours rcvr power voltage.
            Most likely that yours red wires in servo lead for throttle have no voltage on them.
            Regards Hans

Comment

• Took out the F-4 Phantom this morning need to get reacquainted with this one. love how she fly's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmEPvmIH5E

Comment

• Painted the white Rudder aluminum and painting the white drop tanks and missiles. To give it a more impressive look. as you can see in the photo I have already painted the flaps and ailerons gray. Next I need to get the afterburner, light for it

Click image for larger version

Name:	f4-2.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	263106

Comment

• I really disliked the unpainted drop tanks and Ordinance that came with the E-Flite f-4 Phantom So I just had to add some Color to them. Should look much better when re mounted on my F-4. Also painted the white rudder aluminum

Click image for larger version  Name:	tanks.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	263136

Comment

• Finished the painting and mounted the Tanks and missiles on my F-4 I disliked all the white as they came. The way they came out of the box and mounted. even in flight gave the F-4 an unfinished look

Name:	bombs.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	263158

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                      Painted the white Rudder aluminum and painting the white drop tanks and missiles. To give it a more impressive look. as you can see in the photo I have already painted the flaps and ailerons gray. Next I need to get the afterburner, light for it

Name:	f4-2.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	263106
                      Looks good. If you really want it to look authentic you need about three different shades of grey painted in a patchwork, aka corrosion control, all over the aircraft. Then it's a US Navy jet. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

Looks good. If you really want it to look authentic you need about three different shades of grey painted in a patchwork, aka corrosion control, all over the aircraft. Then it's a US Navy jet. :)
                        I add things little by little I know about four other RC friends that actually worked on and were stationed on the USS Coral Sea they love to watch me Fly the F-4. They have told me it brings back many memories, and some not so good. One friend told me today after flying it, The Colors I used were not correct on the tanks and the missile's LOL!!!! I just picked up an Air brush and need to do some of the weathering you have mentioned, I have to many other projects going some for me and I do a lot of assembly for others that are still working long hours. most of the time I am up all night trying to finish other guy's planes then back to my projects if I am not out flying. I fly at least 4 to 5 days a week weather permitting, planes and Choppers, and I do a lot of instructing. So far this year I have signed up 5 new AMA members. One more and I get two free years of AMA membership Sign three fly free for one year AMA program

Comment

• I was out early, 5:30 am until 10:30 flying a few EDF's and a Chopper. Here is a video of the F-4 with the tanks and missiles on it I noticed A drop in power in flight the first flight on the second flight today I removed the Center tank. The center tank is mounted directly below the fan inlet and cuts the air flow to the EDF. With the center tank removed on the second flight I had the power back just as if there were no tanks or missiles mounted under the F-4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5cBBToTXU

Comment

• Now that this F-4 is discontinued and replacement parts supply uncertain. I have posted STL files for a few plastic parts on Thingiverse, and also a replacement nozzle that is more accurate than the stock vacuum formed plastic one.:

The fuselage spare part for the EFlite F-4 Phantom is missing the elevator servo mount and the front nosewheel door mount. These are not available separately, either. So when I replaced the fuselage on mine (which had had a few too many landings in grass), I had to make these parts. Also a replacement nozzle that is more accurate for the F-4B. Exit diameter is 52mm. Also see https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4052448 for replacement underbelly AIM7 missiles

This is a replacement for the nasty foam underbelly AIM7 missiles on the EFlite F-4 Phantom. They are also the correct scale for the Freewing F-14 Tomcat underbelly conformal missiles. The "top" fins are missing because they would be embedded in the underside of the model. The four parts are pegged together. Only 5% infill needed since these are purely decorative. The fins are smaller than scale to avoid too much damage on grass or rough field landings. Three versions are included. One has no mounting lug and is to be glued in place, like the originals. A lug and mount are included in case you want to make the missiles removable. Locate the mount in the missile groove on the underside of the plane so that the missile is located correctly. You will need to cut out a small piece of foam to get it to fit snugly. Be careful not to glue the missile to the mount. An alternate construction (nose, mid, rear) is also included.

Comment

• I picked up a plug and play version when they did the close out special. Finally did the maiden plus one yesterday, cg at 190mm. Flew fine till I dropped the gear, it did a serious nose dive. I have never experienced anything like that on any other retract equipped plane. Can't figure it out, my Freewing version does not do that. Any thoughts or ideas what could cause this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                                I picked up a plug and play version when they did the close out special. Finally did the maiden plus one yesterday, cg at 190mm. Flew fine till I dropped the gear, it did a serious nose dive. I have never experienced anything like that on any other retract equipped plane. Can't figure it out, my Freewing version does not do that. Any thoughts or ideas what could cause this?
                                Mine doesn't do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Mine doesn't do that.
                                  I've only heard of a couple others that experienced this problem. Trying to figure out what is causing it.

Comment

Working...
                                  X