X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    can anyone explain to me why on the Motion RC eu, is the Gripen ARF sold out, pre-ordered?
    That's why I ordered PNP, but I have EDF twice. I'm just curious.
    Thank you

Comment

• Cheers Tobias. I have a JetFan/ HET 700-60-1738. Most of my comparisons were to older stock out runner setups. I first bought it for the Mirage and the increase was good, 1650W to 2650W. The issue then was batteries. HK made a lightweight 4000 8S pack but it was on 25C and would sag.

I then put it in a Mig21 and it worked well in it. Then it went to my Avanti and has permed well for easily over 100 flights. In the Avanti I get 3300W because of better batteries and I assume ducting.

HET also has a 1865KV motor for more power. With the carbon shroud and plastic rotor I think the JF/HET was a little lighter than the older metal shroud and metal hub fan FW used to have. Probably the newer plastic shroud and one piece plastic fan of the FW is a bit lighter than the JF/HET.

Even though I listed both my Mirages for sale I hope to keep one. It's a great little plane.

Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

Evan, I'm flying the M2000 and now the Gripen is on preorder. I love the Mirage and the power available to help me out of bad decisions and high alpha manoeuvres at low altitude (failed yesterday though, but not much damage). What is your 8S setup and roughly how much more power do you get? I think that you said somewhere that weight is less also. Interested to have as much power available on tap when necessary.

Cheers!
      /Tobias

Comment

• I'd love to get a TV system for the stinger. May just have to dream something up, if a universal unit isnt available. Should be interesting. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          I love this shot:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	1837
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	271413
          Hello Alpha,
          I really appreciate choosing camouflage. I know wery well the pilot (Cpt. Ivo Kardoš) who flies this. I'm looking forward to showing him this my model in fly.

I have a great request for you.

I am very sad for wrong orientation of the coat of arms of the Czech Republic on the left wing. Please. Can you repaired it?

Thank you very much
          Dan Jicha from Czech Republic

Name:	Gripen_ACR.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	272337

Comment

• I didn't even notice. Wrong labeling really spoils it. Please fix ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroslav Cerny View Post
              Hi,
              can anyone explain to me why on the Motion RC eu, is the Gripen ARF sold out, pre-ordered?
              That's why I ordered PNP, but I have EDF twice. I'm just curious.
              Thank you
              Hey Miroslav, they are out of stock because all the ARFs in first container coming to the EU have been sold already unfortunately.

As you could imagine the Gripen is a popular subject in the EU market as the PNPs are also getting close to selling out as well. At this point if you want to be in on the first batch in the EU, you will have to grab a PNP.

We don't put up a pre-order until the order leaves the factory, so we do our best to guage how many we should order initally and then adjust future orders as we see the sales etc.

More will be on the way though in successive containers.

Comment

• [QUOTE = James; n272341]

Ahoj Miroslav, nejsou na skladě, protože všechny ARF v prvním kontejneru přicházejícím do EU již byly bohužel prodány.

Jak si dokážete představit, Gripen je oblíbeným předmětem na trhu EU, protože také PNP se blíží k vyprodání. V tomto okamžiku, pokud chcete být na první várce v EU, budete muset pořídit PNP.

Nevystavujeme předobjednávku, dokud objednávka neopustí továrnu, takže se snažíme zjistit, kolik bychom si měli původně objednat, a poté upravit budoucí objednávky, jak vidíme tržby atd.

Více bude na cestě, i když v následné kontejnery. [/ Quote]

Ahoj James, jsem neváhal a raději objednat PNP.
                Jinak vás ráda poznávám. Jsi opravdu milý člověk a ráda sleduji tvoje videa.
                Děkujeme za vysvětlení dodávky. Mirek

Comment

• Alpha

To confirm regarding the TV unit weight, I remember you saying it was 80g. Was that 80g of additional weight compared to the stock tail, or was that total weight of the TV unit?

I asked at the time, how much weight does the TV unit add, so it makes sense that it is additonal weight. However, I want to make sure I spread accurate info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                    @Anders Bostrom Svensk engineers have contributed so much to the modern world. Ericsson, Lans, Alfred NOBEL. In fields from medicine to military arms to GPS, telecommunications, food services and the ubiquitous zipper, we're surrounded by Swedish inventions.
                    Meh, that's nothing compared to Norway! We have contributed with plundering, arson, murder, rape all the way from the Scottish highlands down to Miklagard (Istanbul). In short - vikings! :D

And of course must not forget the original cheese cutter :P

Today's off topic champion lol

Attached Files
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Miroslav Cerny, Žádný problém! Doufám, že překladač Google funguje dobře. Budete milovat Gripen. Když jsem to včera letěl 10krát, bylo mi čím dál víc pohodlí a nemůžu se dočkat, až se s tím znovu vydám. Děkujeme za laskavá slova a za sledování kanálu YouTube. Nyní zpět k angličtině

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                        Alpha

To confirm regarding the TV unit weight, I remember you saying it was 80g. Was that 80g of additional weight compared to the stock tail, or was that total weight of the TV unit?

I asked at the time, how much weight does the TV unit add, so it makes sense that it is additonal weight. However, I want to make sure I spread accurate info.
                        T-CAT - Just measured the whole unit and it comes in at 5.7oz or 161.592g. I have a second Gripen to attach this to due in tonight, so when that comes in I will weigh the all foam non TV version but I assume the 80g is going to be about the difference. Will confirm either tonight or tomorrow

Name:	IMG_20200902_133003.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	272364

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

T-CAT - Just measured the whole unit and it comes in at 5.7oz or 161.592g. I have a second Gripen to attach this to due in tonight, so when that comes in I will weigh the all foam non TV version but I assume the 80g is going to be about the difference. Will confirm either tonight or tomorrow

Name:	IMG_20200902_133003.jpg
Views:	860
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	272364
                          Excellent, thanks James. That's what I figured and appears that will be the case. Excellent news.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
                            Miroslav Cerny, Žádný problém! Doufám, že překladač Google funguje dobře. Budete milovat Gripen. Když jsem to včera letěl 10krát, bylo mi čím dál víc pohodlí a nemůžu se dočkat, až se s tím znovu vydám. Děkujeme za laskavá slova a za sledování kanálu YouTube. Nyní zpět k angličtině
                            James, when you introduced Gripen on Friday, I had an eclipse of my mind ...
                            And thank you for the Czech language

Comment

• Since I would rather install the TV unit from the get-go (as in, not remove the stock tail section after it is all glued in), I prefer the two options below, and this is assuming the TV won't be available at the time of the jets arrival.
                              - Wait to maiden the aircraft until I have the TV in hand and installed.
                              - Purchase a second Gripen and have one with TV and one without.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                Since I would rather install the TV unit from the get-go (as in, not remove the stock tail section after it is all glued in), I prefer the two options below.
                                - Wait to maiden the aircraft until I have the TV in hand and installed.
                                - Purchase a second Gripen and have one with TV and one without.
                                They're kind of like potato chips, you "can't have just one". 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

They're kind of like potato chips, you "can't have just one". 😁
                                  LOL, so true.

Comment

• 🧐

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
                                      🧐
                                      Scrumptiousssssssssss

Comment

• Alpha, i am wondering why you did not have flaps installed on the Gripen?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Probably because they don't have flaps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X