Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I've found, this scheme was just introduced in December 2019.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      From what I've found, this scheme was just introduced in December 2019.
      Will you spray new camouflage? Then add a photo

Comment

• If you want to get really picky I believe the new splinter camouflage scheme is only on the newest E model grippens. Personally I’m not that picky if it looks good put it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
          If you want to get really picky I believe the new splinter camouflage scheme is only on the newest E model grippens. Personally I’m not that picky if it looks good put it on.
          That's not it. This color fits me. They couldn't have chosen better.

Comment

• True that it's only on the E model, but it will still look good on this one.

I will totally primer and repaint and get decals from Callie.
            Pat

Comment

• I'm still looking for a visual difference, between version C and E. At first glance, I do not recognize ...

Comment

• I'll be installing thrust vectoring from the get-go on the Gripen. Hopefully there will be a pre-order, hint...hint. After watching the live stream recording just now, I noticed the tailcone/nozzle was said to be foam compared to the plastic on the non-TV tail. That's beneficial for weight savings, which is excellent, and the downside in this case is that it looks less realistic compared to the plastic nozzle. I notice the petals on the nozzles look different from each other (I'm not talking about the whole tail piece looking different as that's a given since it has TV). Ha-ha

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200904_135511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	272758Click image for larger version  Name:	20200904_135530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	272759

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroslav Cerny View Post

Interesting camouflage. Reminiscent of the SU-35 ... I like that
                  This is nice too

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroslav Cerny View Post
                    I'm still looking for a visual difference, between version C and E. At first glance, I do not recognize ...
                    Most of the changes from the C seem to be internal (different engine, more fuel capacity, upgraded radar). One external difference is the E has 2 additional hardpoints for weapons/equipment.
                    Pat

Comment

• This is probably the most significant exterior difference between the C and E.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JAS-39E.jpg
Views:	995
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	272767
                      Pat

Comment

• I'll be free-drafting a few 3DPUPs for the Gripen on my livestream in an hour from now (9pm EST). BOL, MICA, pylons, and other assorted bits for the Gripen, as well as tank parts, MiG-29 greeblies, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jas39-gripen-05big.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	272778
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Alpha, any word on what’s happening with the MiGs TVs?

Comment

• We've decided that we're going to make it available in the same format as the Gripen, since most people seem to prefer it that way. Factory molded/painted, servos pre-installed, drop-in installation.

More info to follow.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• That sounds great. Of course that leads to one more question. Assuming it won’t be available when the MiG arrives it’ll be something we can graft in after we’ve built and flown the MiG, correct? Not like the Gripen where it would take surgery since the carbon spars are glued in.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                Most of the changes from the C seem to be internal (different engine, more fuel capacity, upgraded radar). One external difference is the E has 2 additional hardpoints for weapons/equipment.
                                Looks like they've also gone to a single nose wheel with maybe a larger diameter (?). Might you be making a printed version of that scoop at the base of the vert. tail, Pat?
                                Tom Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture13.JPG
Views:	718
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	272867

Comment

• I guess that’s the grown up pilots Gripen. Training wheel removed. 🤣

Gravy

Comment

• The two wheel nose gear is the E version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                      The two wheel nose gear is the E version.
                                      Did you mean to say C version? C has the twin nose, E has a single.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                        I guess that’s the grown up pilots Gripen. Training wheel removed. 🤣

Gravy

Tom

P.S. I think the chem-trail dispensers are different too

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                          I'll be installing thrust vectoring from the get-go on the Gripen. Hopefully there will be a pre-order, hint...hint. After watching the live stream recording just now, I noticed the tailcone/nozzle was said to be foam compared to the plastic on the non-TV tail. That's beneficial for weight savings, which is excellent, and the downside in this case is that it looks less realistic compared to the plastic nozzle. I notice the petals on the nozzles look different from each other (I'm not talking about the whole tail piece looking different as that's a given since it has TV). Ha-ha

Click image for larger version Name:	20200904_135511.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	272758Click image for larger version Name:	20200904_135530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	272759
                                          I 3d printed overlays for the TV nozzles on my Eurofighters. Very thin, hardly added any weight but looked much better.

Comment

Working...
                                          X