X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Kallend,

Yes I did use your design! Many thanks for that and credits for a nice design ;) It worked like a charm.
    So what I understand is that this extra weight is fine in the case of the Gripen. Not to worry too much about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ankor View Post
      Hey Kallend,

Yes I did use your design! Many thanks for that and credits for a nice design ;) It worked like a charm.
      So what I understand is that this extra weight is fine in the case of the Gripen. Not to worry too much about it.
      Extra weight is never a good thing, but it's better than havng an out-of-balance plane.

Comment

• Exactly!

Comment

• Hi guys, finally setting up my Gripen with Frsky X20 with a SR10+ and Thrust Vectoring. Does anyone has a FrSky setup or mostly of you guys used Spektrum radios.

If FrSky, could someone help..
          For my Frsky X20, when creating new model/Engine 1 channel, next screen.. Ailerons (do I put 1 or 2 channels), Flaps is no flaps, next screen Tail (do I put traditional tail)..
          Thanks.

Comment

• I am having problem setting up my FrSky X20/SR10 receiver with the Grippen setup. Can anyone share the model file for me, or any advice. Thanks.

Comment

• I just finished the last stage of my Gripen rework, so here a few pictures. For the guys who wanna see more, i upload the build video in the next few day to my Youtube channel, blue skys

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123256_k300.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	383292Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123227_k300.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	383293Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123207_k300.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	383294Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123146_k300.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	383295Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123126_k300.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	383296Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123056_k300.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	383297Click image for larger version

Name:	20230802_123030_k300.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	383298

Comment

• Wonderful paintjob! ^^

I also come with new goodies for y'all...

Enjoy the show!

Comment

• For FrSky transmitter/receiver setup with the Gripen, I found this video help out a lot..

In this video, I setup the Freewing JAS-39 Gripen with Canards and Elevons using FrSky SR10+ receiver and X20S Transmitter. The standard JAS-39 required 7 ch...

Comment

• Hello

Does anyone have experience in the Gripen with the new 80s impeller? 80mm 12-Blade EDF 6S Power System w/ 3658-2150Kv

​(currently not available in Germany)​

Thanks

Comment

• Yes. I have three Gripens and two (both with TV) have the new EDF unit and reversing 100A ESC. The third is stock, no TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                        I just finished the last stage of my Gripen rework, so here a few pictures. For the guys who wanna see more, i upload the build video in the next few day to my Youtube channel, blue skys
                        Position lights on the IRIS missiles? Where have you seen that?

Click image for larger version  Name:	top-image_web.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	385255

Comment

• Artistic license added to help him tell the planes attitude and position. I think you can say that anyone that uses those LED lights isn't being scale.

Comment

• Question to Post nr. 2271

Ist it worth to change to the power unit?

Thanks Klaus

Comment

• Question to Post nr. 2270

Ist it worth to change to the power unit?

Thanks Klaus

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Position lights on the IRIS missiles? Where have you seen that?

Click image for larger version Name:	top-image_web.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	385255
                                i love a good scale or semi scale looking model, but only to the point were i dont know which way im flying in the air when im liek 200m from field, and the Gripen (and i really like this plane) is not known for her outstanding visibily... so the lights are just there for better visibilty during cloudy days, and they are removable, so are the missles...it seemed like the easiest way to mount light with very visible range to the plane

Comment

• ^^

Comment

• Got incredible high performance out of my Gripen with a 6s 2280kv motor.. Also the current got high... 180 amps...I was 100% sure my telemetry told me wrong....Got the current meassured of a freind...So I was wrong😉 The beeping is I set a alarm when getting under 19Volt, to save things...Try not to use more than a few second on full burst...Still on the stock FW 100 amp esc...
                                    Wanted som more of my worn Gripen...Had even to change the wheels, they where almost falling off.... Put a higher pitch fan earlier from FW, increased curre...

Comment

• Got my fuse. Only need the steering are and I can get her back in the air.
                                      I bought the decal set to put on the fuse and watch up to the ones already on the wings and vert. To my surprise the new decals are Black, not faded grayish. So I ended up doing all the black decals. I will say the new black decals really make it pop.
                                      I thought at first maybe it was sun fade but after looking at the production images I realized, nope they came faded.

Gravy
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• They changed after the plane was out for about four months. It’s frustrating because all three of mine are the lighter ones and when I bought decals they were the darker ones.

Comment

• OMG, maiden nightmare for me..

I added 3grams to the rear, and had my CG about 20mm after the mark and my maiden was almost disastrous. After takeoff ,the Gripen went almost vertical with half throttle, hanging 20 feet vertical from the ground. I had to punch the throttle full, and full elevator down to make it level out...the Gripen was flying but I had to compensate with much down elevator. After 2 loops, my buddy (an experience pilot) took the control and was able to land the plane. I had enable canard with my roll so everytime I try to roll, the plane almost tip stall.

Any recommendation. SHould I just remove the excessive 3g weight and balance the CG at factory marking. That should fly normal, right? Does anyone on this thread able to fly the plane with factory CG marking. Or does everyone here fly it with 20-25mm behind the factory CG. Also should I just disable the canard for turn roll. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X