Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found the hidden hardpoints. Ordering new gear doors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipstalled10 View Post
      Can someone tell me what I need to order. My gear door popped off, the plastic piece that holds the nub from the gear door appears to be missing. I have looked at the spare parts but just can not figure it out. Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	398181 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0945.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	398180
      I don't see it in any of the "Plastic parts" sets. Would be very easy to make with a 3D printer. Or make one out of thin ply or ABS sheet and glue it in.

Comment

Found the hidden hardpoints. Ordering new gear doors.
        Where did you find them?

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Where did you find them?
          They are located deep in the recess of where it popped out. there is a plastic piece with a hole for the nub. Took me using a dental pick to find it ! The nubs I created with toothpicks were actually too long, once I shortened them and knew where they went they popped right in. Gear doors fixed. Did not cancel the order for the gear doors, old adage, if you have the spare parts on hand you'll never need them. It's the ones you don't have that you need!

Comment

They are located deep in the recess of where it popped out. there is a plastic piece with a hole for the nub. Took me using a dental pick to find it ! The nubs I created with toothpicks were actually too long, once I shortened them and knew where they went they popped right in. Gear doors fixed. Did not cancel the order for the gear doors, old adage, if you have the spare parts on hand you'll never need them. It's the ones you don't have that you need!
            Oh, OK. I thought you meant you'd found them for sale on the Gripen spare parts list somewhere.

Comment

• Just started on my Grippen and discovered one of the nose wheel tires is out of round, checked the site for spare parts and the only nose wheels are part of a nose gear set, no separate wheels.
              Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the stock nose wheel assemblies?

Comment

• You have a warranty, have Motion send you a replacement, whether a wheel or assembly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  You have a warranty, have Motion send you a replacement, whether a wheel or assembly.
                  Both the kits I bought this year came with big yellow notices saying the warranty is only good for 30 days. So it's best not to dilly-dally in checking everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    You have a warranty, have Motion send you a replacement, whether a wheel or assembly.
                    Warranty expired 23 days ago while I was out of state for work so I am now looking for a suitable replacement to purchase.

Comment

• What is the trick to removing a canard servo? Seems the servo lead is stuck, likely got glued to something.

Comment

Working...
                      X