X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Suggest you look at flightengr's blog on RCGroups. He deals extensively with the unlocking issue. I unlocked and reprogrammed an AR637TA using his method and it works fine.

The probablity that you have three independently defective receivers taken from different planes is fairly remote. The common factor would seem to be the individual who attempted to unlock and reset them.
    Thanks kallend - you're probably spot on as usual on the operator error. I'll check the guy on rc groups - thanks for the direction!

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Suggest you look at flightengr's blog on RCGroups. He deals extensively with the unlocking issue. I unlocked and reprogrammed an AR637TA using his method and it works fine.

The probablity that you have three independently defective receivers taken from different planes is fairly remote. The common factor would seem to be the individual who attempted to unlock and reset them.
      I'm guessing i fried all three of these when i plugged the 3s batt directly into them...

I'm sending the in to Spektrum today to see what they come up with, but I'm guessing that will be the verdict and they'll probably tell me to pound salt - to which I would expect and wouldn't blame them... More operator error... :)

Live and learn. Heavy is the head that wears the crown... :)

Comment

• Yeah, specs are up to 9V. A 2S is OK but not 3S. You may be surprised by HH and get new ones.

Comment

• Last landing was butter!

Comment

• hi Guys I'm ready to maiden my Gripen, I have gone by the book and just wondered how you have found the best c of g setting and how much movement on the canards?
            Thanks

Comment

• I'm like 30mm aft of the marks on my three Gripens. Travel is about the book high amounts.

Comment

• Wow 30mm rear c of g! I guess that helps the high alfa landings

Comment

• Are you guys flying with Giro?

Comment

• I don't have a gyro in any of mine. Unfortunately the marks are very nose heavy and 30-35 is simply where I find it needs to be to fly balanced and without a crazy amount of up trim. If there were no marks and I had to determine where to put the CG it's simply where I would end up. When I say my three Gripens, I have three different one's I fly regularly. One box stock 6S no TV, one stock 6S with TV and one repainted 8S and TV.

Comment

• Thanks Evan D, ill move my c of g back a little, do you fly with a lot of canard movement? I Have mine down to about 70% but it still looks like a lot of movement? Thanks

Comment

• I fly with about the stock amount and centered at about the stock spot. I did go in and put longer servo arms on the canard servos and put Z bends on the pushrods but did that to get further canard travel for air brakes on the ground, flying throws for canard pitch and roll are about the book rate. I tried roll without canards and preferred it with. Some on here pooh pooh that since the full scale doesn't have roll on canards.

Originally posted by Yellowred View Post
                        Thanks Evan D, ill move my c of g back a little, do you fly with a lot of canard movement? I Have mine down to about 70% but it still looks like a lot of movement? Thanks

Comment

• Many thanks for your info

Comment

• You're welcome. Please let us know where you end up with your balance and set up.

E

Comment

• I got me a new FW 2150 12blade unit coming that I’m going to try in my Gripen. Flew today stick 6s and hopefully next weekend with the new unit looking to see if it’s the little extra I’ve been looking for.

Gravy

Comment

• Holy cow what a difference with the 2150 12 blade unit. I measured 1lb thrust difference between the stock and the new unit. That was 1 lb measured while in the gripen.
                                Put 4 packs through her today. 2 hrb 6000 50c and 2 hrb 5000 50c.
                                4 + minutes mixed throttle but lots of vertical and horizontal pinches. She climbs like the mirage now. So much that I have yet to stall her vertically.
                                GPS measured my highest climb at 662’ and my fast speed at 124.3 mph. The speed was captured by diving down after vertical at 50% throttle then punching it to 100% after leveling out.

seams like the sweet spot is at the 70% throttle range. More flights will tell.

5000 packs flew the same but only 3+ minutes of flight.

im putting 2 of these in my 14 now.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                  Holy cow what a difference with the 2150 12 blade unit. I measured 1lb thrust difference between the stock and the new unit. That was 1 lb measured while in the gripen.
                                  4 + minutes mixed throttle but lots of vertical and horizontal pinches. She climbs like the mirage now. So much that I have yet to stall her vertically.
                                  GPS measured my highest climb at 662’ and my fast speed at 124.3 mph. The speed was captured by diving down after vertical at 50% throttle then punching it to 100% after leveling out.

seams like the sweet spot is at the 70% throttle range. More flights will tell.

5000 packs flew the same but only 3+ minutes of flight.

im putting 2 of these in my 14 now.

Gravy
                                  Woooohoo, sounds like a much better performance over the stock unit it comes with, maybe FW will upgrade all the single 80mm jets and the 80mm twins with this unit..

Comment

Holy cow what a difference with the 2150 12 blade unit. I measured 1lb thrust difference between the stock and the new unit. That was 1 lb measured while in the gripen.
                                    Is that a Freewing or FMS 2150kv EDF?
                                    Reference please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Is that a Freewing or FMS 2150kv EDF?
                                      Reference please?
                                      Gravy is keeping that part a secret so they won't sell out every where and he can buy more...

He called me yesterday and told me the Grippen flew awesome with the new power plant, it's top secret.

Comment

• LOL It's the new FW that is coming in the new F9F-8.

Gravy

Comment

LOL It's the new FW that is coming in the new F9F-8.

Gravy
                                          Yeah I was messing with them Gravy, I knew you would be on here and let them know.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X