replied
    Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
    So what's the best recommend rates ??
    Define "best".

Leave a comment:

• janmb
    replied
    Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
    ANY aircraft will be lacking in control when the AoA gets too high. (hence the wing drop) A single TV nozel won’t change this.
    Yes and no.

Roll and pitch authority stays fine into really, really high alpha, both with vectoring and without. All that requires is good CG, which you probably have never tried.

Yaw authority on the other hand goes down the drain without vectoring, and remains solid with. So for yaw, which this really boils down to, vectoring is day and night difference.

Leave a comment:

• RCJetFanatic89
    replied
    Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
    I’m not sure where you’d end up in the canards as I only use them in pitch but I imagine you’d see a similar result.
    so using sticks to the corner to measure the canards out as well?

Leave a comment:

• Apriliamgt
    replied
    So what's the best recommend rates ??

Leave a comment:

• RCJetFanatic89
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

Does this imply that you have roll input to the canards?
    Yes, I’m using canards as well in roll

Leave a comment:

• RudyD54
    replied
    I’m not sure where you’d end up in the canards as I only use them in pitch but I imagine you’d see a similar result.

Leave a comment:

• RCJetFanatic89
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

Yes I’m using them for roll as well. Have it set up the same as what James did in his video

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by RCJetFanatic89 View Post

awesome thank you! So is the 35mm on the canards combined with sticks in the corners as well? If it is mines at 50mm when in the corners. Or is that only on the elevons?

Leave a comment:

• RCJetFanatic89
    replied
    Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

I had this exact question myself when setting mine up. 23mm combined throws (stick in the corners) and roughly 15 for just aileron or elevator is what I used and it worked perfect. I did have to make sure to setup the servo endpoints properly to avoid linkage binding against the wings.

awesome thank you! So is the 35mm on the canards combined with sticks in the corners as well? If it is mines at 50mm when in the corners. Or is that only on the elevons?

Leave a comment:

• RudyD54
    replied
    Originally posted by RCJetFanatic89 View Post
    Just got mine and trying to measure ailerons and canards. Question is, the 23mm for high rate on aileron, is that full left aileron stick? Or do you have to hold it full left and down? Because just doing full left aileron alone, at 100% on everything is giving me 15mm, but when I put the stick at bottom left corner it measures to the 23mm.

I hope what I’m trying to say is coming through clearly. Any hell is greatly appreciated!
    I had this exact question myself when setting mine up. 23mm combined throws (stick in the corners) and roughly 15 for just aileron or elevator is what I used and it worked perfect. I did have to make sure to setup the servo endpoints properly to avoid linkage binding against the wings.

Leave a comment:

• RCJetFanatic89
    replied
    Just got mine and trying to measure ailerons and canards. Question is, the 23mm for high rate on aileron, is that full left aileron stick? Or do you have to hold it full left and down? Because just doing full left aileron alone, at 100% on everything is giving me 15mm, but when I put the stick at bottom left corner it measures to the 23mm.

I hope what I’m trying to say is coming through clearly. Any hell is greatly appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    What kind of flight times are you getting with that and on what kind of flying?
    About 2:45 of useful throttle with mostly flying about 2/3rds to 3/4ths throttle, with some full throttle climbs thrown in and maybe one pass of low high alpha down the flight line

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    ANY aircraft will be lacking in control when the AoA gets too high. (hence the wing drop)
    Not to the same extent. A Su-35 for instance still has lots of authority way up to great angles of attack even without accounting for the nozzles, just because the huge tailerons are much more effective at having authority over the jet in such an energy deprived condition.

The F-18 on the other hand quickly loses all control, way before Su-35 or Gripen as it loses side grip with the vertical fins. Try it out.

A single TV nozel won’t change this.
    Delusion speaking. Of course it will.
    A single nozzle providing pitch and yaw control when the jet is stalled will give the pilot command authority whereas without TV the jet just plummets to whatever side and you can't do a thing about it. I'm not saying it's going to hover (that's not happening without serious thrust added in the mix) but it obviously will give you extra control that you are now missing.

It seems ludicrous that you argue against this.
    Sounds like you just want to argue for arguing's sake.

Having flown both the TV and standard models, the TV doesn’t provided any measurable amount of deck angle above the stock aircraft in high AOA. It adds too much weight for any improvement in directional thrust.
    That's just your opinion (which I obviously don't share...).
    And I'm not talking exclusively about 'deck angle' anyway.

The stock aircraft will comfortably hold the same or higher AOA in STABILIZED flight.
    Mine is stabilized.
    Being stabilized is not worth a penny when the jet stalls and lacks control authority. TV changes that.

Shifting CG back and having a VT nozzle, on the other hand, will help keep stable at higher AoA and keep the jet under control when it would otherwise stall.

Notice that basically what happens when the jet 'stalls' is that it starts to skid laterally (once you run out of rudder deflection/authority).
    Just the yaw component of the VT nozzle would already help there to shift the ass around so that sideslip doesn't diverge as much in such circumstances...
    Not to say, there's a point where full pitch up is no longer allowing the plane to pitch up (at least with current nose-heavy CG). The nozzle will provide control there too.

Saying that this won't happen, that a TV nozzle adds nothing is... I don't know, help me find a word for it.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
    With 4000's weighing about 600 grams and over 100 grams in the tail
    What kind of flight times are you getting with that and on what kind of flying?

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Mind you, I bought the ARF and put the FMS 2100kv inrunner and matching FMS ESC in it, so there's that little extra bit of grunt already. As it sits right now, it balances right at the factory marks with the Gens Ace 5000. I'd like to get it back a few mm more.
    I'm trying out a few setups, but have most of my flights on it with the FMS 2100kv EDF. With 4000's weighing about 600 grams and over 100 grams in the tail, I've got the CG about where I'd like it which is well behind the factory marks.

I've got an 8S setup in it now, but think the FMS might be the better compromise of the two so far. I need to try the 1865kv HET motor in mine still.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X