Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Great, Thanks Evan D. That help

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    All you need to know... I put more info over on RCG...

FreeWing 80mm Gripen EDF setup - YouTube

An over view video...

FreeWing 80mm Gripen EDF overview - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    I can not find the elevater settings in the manual. I am sure it is on this forum somewhere but I have gone through several pages and can not find the elevater settings. I am using Futaba radio so what is everyone settings in mm for the elevater on this Gripen?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• HockeyMac!
    replied
    Originally posted by rms View Post

Very good that you and other make this and post this :-)
    I see you have the scale 1/9 witch is good.
    What is the length? Is possible to make it in 1/2 lengths?
    Thank you! I made it 15" long. The 1/10 scale looks more accurate to me but this is in between 1/9 and 1/10.

I sliced this in my slicer into 3 segments to try and replicate the real one. It's too big otherwise. Did I answer your question?

Leave a comment:

• HockeyMac!
    replied
    Originally posted by rms View Post
    I have got made one Iris-T :-)
    Was looking for more weapons to the Gripen. Need some grund attack weapons also....AGM 65... It should also have a AGM 88 ;-)
    Do any know the lengt of this AGM 65 for the FW A10? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4572912
    Do any know of other weapons in approx 1/9 that fit the Gripen?
    Also I wich there was more info on the Thingiverse like lengt and scale, to se if weapons from other plane will fit :-)))
    Thanks to all of you that make it and post it :-))))
    Check out Dee's page, he has some great stuff! Ground attack underway :)
    Repository of 3D printable designs shared by DirtyDee, designer from Cults, the 3D printing platform.

Leave a comment:

• rms
    replied
    I have got made one Iris-T :-)
    Was looking for more weapons to the Gripen. Need some grund attack weapons also....AGM 65... It should also have a AGM 88 ;-)
    Do any know the lengt of this AGM 65 for the FW A10? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4572912
    Do any know of other weapons in approx 1/9 that fit the Gripen?
    Also I wich there was more info on the Thingiverse like lengt and scale, to se if weapons from other plane will fit :-)))
    Thanks to all of you that make it and post it :-))))

Leave a comment:

• rms
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
    Here are some Gripen drop tanks!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4709111
    Very good that you and other make this and post this :-)
    I see you have the scale 1/9 witch is good.
    What is the length? Is possible to make it in 1/2 lengths?

Leave a comment:

• rms
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rms
    replied
    Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
    Wow! What's your flight time you're getting with those?? Looks pretty good to me.
    Timer is on 3,5 min. 3min until 5 min depend how the throttle is used ;-) I have telemetri so I fly it down to 3,70v each cell so it creeps up to 3,75v with out load ..

Leave a comment:

• Mizer67
    replied
    For out-of-the-box performance, the Mirage is hard to beat.

The Gripen has its charms too, but they're very different.

Leave a comment:

• janmb
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    Is it worth buying the Gripen. I have the high performance Mirage with the 80mm inrunner motor.and by all accounts the Mirage I am told fly better then the Gripen. Would I be wasting my money buying the Gripen {if they ever come back in stock in Europe).
    ​​​​
    The Mirage has far better thrust to weight ratio - that much is a clear fact.

On the other hand, the Gripen is a fair bit larger, and has both canards and vectoring to play around with.

Especially if you like to fly high alpha, the Gripen will have a distinct advantage with vectoring for yaw control.

Leave a comment:

• HockeyMac!
    replied
    Wow! What's your flight time you're getting with those?? Looks pretty good to me.

Leave a comment:

• rms
    replied
    I`m using this SLS 6s 3500 witch was the lighest I could find for a normal price. Also that they come out good in test. I have been very satisfied. The 6s 3500 30c id 505gram and the 2s 3500 is 198gram....something I consider to get 8s. And make space in the wing/ fuselage to keep the CG aft.
    https://www.stefansliposhop.de/en/ba...60c::1675.html
    I fly with this 6s witch is a light setup, aft CG, no lead in the tail gives very good handling on the Gripen. Flying weight 2860gram
    A film of my Gripen.
    Flying in the arctic, 69 degree north 25 December 2020. 4 weeks to the sun is above the horizon.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Not really. I was with earlier ones but later ones just aren’t holding up as well. I’m using power hobby ones right now in 6s and am looking for better 2s. The Admirals are too heavy. I don’t think they’ll fit either.

Leave a comment:

• Skosh25
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    JF/ HET 1738kV Plush 120HV ESC 6+2 5200 lipo.
    Thanks Evan. I see you have the HS lipos. Happy with them? I used 6+2 Admiral 5000's in the Raptor.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    JF/ HET 1738kV Plush 120HV ESC 6+2 5200 lipo.

Leave a comment:

• Skosh25
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post

Get a Gripen and get the TVs... And make it 8S.
    What's your 8S setup? I'm flying it in Colorado and 6S isn't cutting it. I thought it was slightly underpowered at sea level but up here in the thin air, no way is 6S enough. I have the stock 8S system in the Raptor but that's my only experience with anything higher than 6S.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Hey which is better, the L-39 or the T-33...

They are two different aircraft and fly different. If you want to compare the non TV Gripen stock PNP to the stock HP Mirage and have limited funds it would be $429 to $325 and imo the Mirage would be the no brainer, especially if you want a fast little sports car of a jet. But if you wanted something newer, something more all around, something you can put bigger batteries in , something you can add TVs to... Well then the Gripen would be my choice. Really my only gripe is with the power. 6S is just not the level of power THAT I WANT... Add TVs and it robs some of that power... There it is... Underpowered especially with the TVs, I said it... But that's my opinion...

At the end of the day they are two different planes with different skill sets and I'd have to say buy both and see which you fly more.

You already have the Mirage... When I bought my Gripen I had two Mirages, I love them... I crashed once since so I only have one now, a HP one... I never fly it anymore, that's unfair... I don't fly it much though...

Get a Gripen and get the TVs... And make it 8S.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Moron
    replied
    Is it worth buying the Gripen. I have the high performance Mirage with the 80mm inrunner motor.and by all accounts the Mirage I am told fly better then the Gripen. Would I be wasting my money buying the Gripen {if they ever come back in stock in Europe).
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    One the one hand, 65g isn't a huge amount of weight. It just looks like a lot and it's awkward. I suppose when it's flying, they aren't that noticeable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X