Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be happy to send you my radios file Rudy. I'm using 8 channels on a DX-18.

Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
    Hey everyone, this is the first plane I setup with elevons and I'm looking for some help getting my throws setup properly with my Spektrum radio. I've been breaking my head the last few days trying to figure out how to get the throws in the manual but all i do is end up confusing myself further.

I've got my wing type set to elevons and everything is moving in the right directions (including the canards, surprisingly those were easy), but I only get about 15mm up and down when i move the aileron or elevator to max deflection. Now, if i combine both full elevator, and full aileron, I get a max of about 23mm before the rod starts binding up against the bottom of the wing. Is that how this is supposed to work or should I be getting the full 23mm called for in the manual?

So far I've tried increasing the travel in the servo menu but that makes the binding i described before much worse. Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Rudy

Comment

• Any 80mm EDFs for 6s batts more powerful than the FMS 2100kv setup?
      I like the way my Gripen flies in general, but it's lacking in power, especially for a soon-to-be thrust vectored jet made for flying with high AoA's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        I'd be happy to send you my radios file Rudy. I'm using 8 channels on a DX-18.

That would be fantastic...I've got an IX20 but I'm pretty sure it'll import in compatibility mode.

Comment

• HmmmClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201117_223843.jpg
Views:	689
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	286439
          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinMar View Post
            Any 80mm EDFs for 6s batts more powerful than the FMS 2100kv setup?
            I like the way my Gripen flies in general, but it's lacking in power, especially for a soon-to-be thrust vectored jet made for flying with high AoA's.
            Not out of the box...that I know of.

I'm going to try a 2250kv motor with a Jetfan 80mm fan, which might do a little bit better than the FMS in another of my 80mms, but it comes at a penalty of ~20% higher amps.

At >=$250 for a setup like that vs. $86, it's a trade off in cost vs. benefit.

I'm going 8S on the Gripen as it's the only real way to get the added power without going sky high on the amps.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post

Thanks. Do you have one for the Mig-29? I rolled mine off the runway on the maiden and snapped it. I haven't gotten around to ordering one yet.
              Only for the ArrowsRC MiG 29

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post

I wonder if anything can be done with the intake ducting or adding more cheater hole area underneath? I'm really enjoying high alpha flying with mine but more power climbing out would be nice especially when your are down really low and slow.
                I have the FMS PRO on order. I'm getting 2.8kg from that in my Avanti and Mirage 2000, for much the same amp draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

That would be fantastic...I've got an IX20 but I'm pretty sure it'll import in compatibility mode.
                  I have mine on an iX20. Let me know if you want the iSPM file.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I have the FMS PRO on order. I'm getting 2.8kg from that in my Avanti and Mirage 2000, for much the same amp draw.
                    How do you measure the thrust? Do you put the model on its nose on a household scale or use a fish scale horizontally or something else? I haven't done any of it, but I need to test a few of my models to find out if it will be worth upgrades. So any suggestions are welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

How do you measure the thrust? Do you put the model on its nose on a household scale or use a fish scale horizontally or something else? I haven't done any of it, but I need to test a few of my models to find out if it will be worth upgrades. So any suggestions are welcome
                      I've done it both ways. They pretty well agree. And it's easy to check the accuracy of the scale using a known weight.

When you do it horizontally make sure the wheels can move easily on the surface so as to avoid friction losses.

Comment

• I checked this yesterday and got a little over 2400 grams of thrust on the stock setup.

Comment

I have mine on an iX20. Let me know if you want the iSPM file.
                          Sure, I sent a PM with my email address. Thanks!

Comment

• Anyone know when the Gripen will be back in stock in the European warehouse?

Comment

• With how the TVs are going I doubt even Motion knows!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

Sure, I sent a PM with my email address. Thanks!
                                Rudy,

Check your email for update.

Comment

• All dressed up and no place to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3770.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	286751Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3771.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	286752

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    All dressed up and no place to go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3770.JPG
Views:	669
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	286751Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3771.JPG
Views:	605
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	286752
                                    Afraid we are not far behind in Norway. Hoping for a few more weekends (already completely dark when I get off work, so weekdays are out)

Seeing Evan's paint job makes it very obvious that this model deserves it. I do feel a little bit cheated in terms of the demo model vs the production colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Afraid we are not far behind in Norway. Hoping for a few more weekends (already completely dark when I get off work, so weekdays are out)

Seeing Evan's paint job makes it very obvious that this model deserves it. I do feel a little bit cheated in terms of the demo model vs the production colors.
                                      Just be pleased that there aren't a bunch of lawndart reports with the Gripen.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1E40DA83-7AE2-4CCE-9CF1-2858E24CD0E7.jpeg
Views:	677
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	286767Click image for larger version

Name:	017C8A56-B370-49E2-83D2-ACC40951456C.jpeg
Views:	678
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	286766Click image for larger version

Name:	E953DDD8-2B10-4368-85DF-6D6C408DDF9F.jpeg
Views:	688
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	286765 More flights today. Looks awesome in the air.

Comment

Just be pleased that there aren't a bunch of lawndart reports with the Gripen.
                                          I certainly am... which is why the Gripen is currently getting a turbine and the MiG is not :P

Comment

Working...
                                          X