Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it figured out !! Easy fix.

Comment

• Found out I’m running an inrunner motor in a outrunner fan. Do I need to get the V2 inrunner fan ? The 3100 inrunner motor does mate up with the stock fan and run. Will I get better performance if using the V2 fan ?

Comment

• There is no inrunner and outrunner 64mm V2 fan. Both the outrunners and inrunners use the same fan and shroud. And you can't mix up the fan from a V2 into an older shroud as the fan is a bigger diameter. You could have put the motor into an older fan and shroud, one from say a Stinger 64, or the earlier F-16 or F-22. But the Banshee originally had a V2 fan and shroud so you should be good.

Comment

• Thank you Evan for clearing this up !!

Comment

• Happy to help. If you read between the lines anyone that has the Banshee or any plane with the V2 fan (2840-2280kV outrunner as stock in this or the F-16 and F-22) can swap in the 6S 2949-2500kV inrunner and have an awesome plane. Of course if going to 6S you need a 6S ESC capable of handling the amps too...

Comment

• Yes, will be putting in a 60 amp esc. Will take out the stock motor and esc when Banshee comes in from RC Castle and replace with 2500 kv motor

Comment

• Just put together the <a href="tel:2949-2500">2949-2500</a> freewing motor with 60 amp esc on the Banshee and Wow !!! What an improvement !! The 2500 puts out 1930 grams of thrust, where the 3100, I had in it only put out 1300 grams thrust. Running CNLH 2200 mah 6S packs in it. Get5 minute flights with 32% left. I was not pushing it hard on the initial flight. Got it set up on FPV. Video to follow.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	378958

Comment

• Welcome to the dark side!

Comment

• Been here since 2017 !!

Comment

• The dark side of crazy power

Comment

• ok, I'm having the same problem that Cary Pond had in getting the fan tightened down on the shaft. In my case I'm using the 6S 2500kv motor and the stock fan and shroud. I bought it from rc castle and after 40 or so flights the fan flew off the shaft, chewing up the foam a little and destroying itself in the process. I bought 2 V2 EDF units from Motion and tried to put the motor on and assemble it all together but I couldn't get the nut tightened onto the shaft. I finally gave up trying to tighten it more and put a drop of loctite on the shaft and tightened it up the best I could. So that's lasted about a dozen flights and the fan flew off again, destroying itself and chewing up a little more foam.

So for those who have more mechanical talent than I do, is there a secret here to doing this? Or do I need to weld the darn thing on! Maybe I need stronger glue?

Comment

• Beyond my vexation at trying to put the fan on the EDF unit, I actually have a couple of things I can contribute to the discussion.

People were just talking about batteries for the 6S Banshee and I've been doing a lot of work in that area. People should check out this video from Tail Heavy Productions:
                          Check out https://tailheavyrc.com/ 📦✈If you've enjoyed Exposing RC's BIGGEST Scam, consider liking and subscribing!What's your go-to LiPo brand? Did this vi...

He's done a lot of battery testing and he talks about the big scam of C ratings. But one of the takeaways I got was a heads up on SMC batteries, which I had never heard of before. I checked out their website and for those of us flying 6S Banshees this 2400 mAh LiHV battery looks awfully good. I've ordered two of them. LiHV charge up to 4.35 Volts/cell. That gives you .9 Volts more than a regular LIPO and the weight is only 320 grams. But you do need a charger which can handle charging LiHV batteries. Not all can.

I fly with either 284 gram, 1800 mAh Spektrum SMART batteries, (which have outperformed their rating pretty consistently) or a pair of Roaring Top 3S, 2200 batteries in series. The total weight of the 2 RT batteries is 322 grams and I do get more flight time with the pair. Those SMC LiHV batteries weigh the same as the pair of RT batteries with 200 more mAh on the label and the boost in voltage. So we'll see. I'll give them a try and see. The guy in the video says a lot of things that I know are true and he's found other batteries that test well besides the SMC.

I've been doing a lot of work incorporating telemetry data into my flight log program over the last few months and I've derived some very helpful info. By analyzing voltage and current data I can calculate exactly how many mAh are expended during a flight and compare that to what's remaining in the battery after every flight. So I now have a way to see just exactly how good any battery is. Since all of us EDF flyers live and die by our batteries, this is sort of a top priority to know.

Here's a screen shot of telemetry data from tonight's flight with my 4S Banshee (I have 2 Banshee's.) I used one of my 2700 mAh Smart batteries and as usual it outperformed its label rating.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-06-06_23-32-18.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	379155

Comment

• Can someone tell me the wire diameter of the stock landing gear? Thank you !!

Comment

Working...
                            X