You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One bad ass airplane ! 0 to 60,000 ft in under 2 minutes. Did I say Power ?
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• While stationed at Clark AB in the Philippines I rented a house not too far from the Runway and when these things took off in pairs the noise was mind blowing as they went over. Loved watching them fly just not over my head. They were loved and hated by those who flew them and worked on them. Great plane with the looks that could kill and deafen you at the same time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Where do you get the center burner LED’s?
        Please share some technical information on the size LEDs and how you installed them. They look a lot better then the ring type. Job well done!
        Thank you!

Comment

• The center burner LED's are made by someone that goes by the name of Air-Jon on RC-Groups. However it seems he is currently making a limited number of them on his free time but here is his last info about future production. "PCBs come in October 15. then we begin testing and Manufacturing tool up. then order final production PCBs and ramp up. Most likely it will be late Nov or Early Dec."
          This would be a good product that MotionRC should look into getting it or helping get it mas produced.

You can find more info about the Air-Jon version here:
          https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...01-05-17/page3

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
            The center burner LED's are made by someone that goes by the name of Air-Jon on RC-Groups. However it seems he is currently making a limited number of them on his free time but here is his last info about future production. "PCBs come in October 15. then we begin testing and Manufacturing tool up. then order final production PCBs and ramp up. Most likely it will be late Nov or Early Dec."
            This would be a good product that MotionRC should look into getting it or helping get it mas produced.

You can find more info about the Air-Jon version here:
            https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...01-05-17/page3
            Thank you Evoman!
            Tom

Comment

• A twin-80mm F4 would look great with these center burners. :f4phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                A twin-80mm F4 would look great with these center burners. :f4phantom
                These would sell forever especially if MotionRC would stock them!

Comment

• The F4 or the center burners? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                    The F4 or the center burners? :)
                    Yes. ;)
                    Pat

Comment

• Single 90 would be my choice... With enough room for 12s! :)

Comment

• Don't care about 12s, but single 80 or 90 for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                          Hi ddsjoseph, welcome to Hobbysquawk! Thanks for your input on a Phantom. I too had an LX Phantom once. It wasn't my favorite bird, either. The old Fly Fly F-4 was more to my liking, especially after a Jepe optimization kit.

Motion RC,
                          I've been watching this thread hoping I would see something on you guys making a new F4, but no joy. So today I went to buy another mfg. F4 but they are sold out. Hint, it's a popular jet, even though the LX models power sucks.

You guys should make a twin 80 or 90mm with stock power but make the airframe so that people can mod them with huge power. That way the base price can stay reasonable, but crazy's like me can mod the plane for big power like the original F4 has.
                          And all those fancy front flaps and all that other stuff is a waste in my opinion. No thrust vectoring or canopies that open. It only needs retracts. Make it strong, simple, and big.

If you tell me now you're gonna manufacture the F4, I'll pay for two F4's tomorrow, and up front, to get the ball rolling. :)

Comment

• If there was one in the works, it sure is quiet, you think something would have leaked out by now..............:Confused:

Already bored with my A-10 and A-4, the new has worn off, need something neeeeewwwwwww...:):)

Comment

• Way to go gordy ! With you.She has to be fast ! Make her grass ops capable with strong LG. Lights would be nice. Full flying stab a must. Offer 3 livery options: 1) D version USAF Jungle Camo 2) J version- Navy/ Marines light gray 3). Blue Angels Version
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• It seems to be one of the most sought after jets so sooner or later someone it bound to make a good one. I hope Freewing gets one to market before anyone else. At least then I would feel confident it was done right. Jungle camo for me please...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by gordyd4 View Post
                                  And all those fancy front flaps and all that other stuff is a waste in my opinion. No thrust vectoring or canopies that open. It only needs retracts. Make it strong, simple, and big.
                                  Now speak for yourself my friend, there's plenty of folks like me who LOVE all the scale bells and whistles! LOL (minus the TV)... ;)​​​​​​​

My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                    If there was one in the works, it sure is quiet, you think something would have leaked out by now..............:Confused:

Already bored with my A-10 and A-4, the new has worn off, need something neeeeewwwwwww...:):)
                                    DCORSAIR,
                                    I can't believe they keep coming out with these less popular jet models. They produced 5,580 F-4s and they lasted over 50 years. If FW would build one with durable landing gear (might be a first) and lots of speed (F-4 was a MACH 2.5 airplane) with the liveries everyone wants, they will sell more over time then all the previous jet offerings. I've seen all the FW jets that are currently selling and a lot of them have weak areas. I agree, a F-4 with strong landing gear, strong wings and lots of speed will put all previous jet offerings to shame. FW keeps making the same mistakes with landing gears - weak pockets and fragile struts. They look good but they are not durable.
                                    If they need a great sample, look at the HSD Super Viper hydraulic landing gear - you can make carrier landings with those all day long. FW engineers ought walk down the street to HSD and get some lessons. We don't want to buy airplanes and have to buy optional landing gear - just charge the extra bucks up front. If you offer optional landing, then you know they have a problem with the stock offering.
                                    Also, look at the "Q" foam that HSD is offering - about twice as strong as EPO foam. I bought the earlier FW fighters (SU-35, F-18, Eurofighter) and my coffee cups are made out of stronger foam.
                                    The Phantom II was a great warbird for its time and only cost $3M - that won't buy tires for the F-22.
                                    Also, they will never build a meaner looking fighter than an F-4 coming in at 50 feet, 500 knots blowing black smoke.
                                    So, Motion because you are the largest customer for FW products, put the heat on FW to produce an F-4 that we all would like to buy before the competition gets there first.
                                    I like to do business with MotionRC because of their outstanding service and customer care - get out there and get us a great F-4 that we could buy over and over!
                                    Phantoms Phorever!
                                    TPS

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post

DCORSAIR,
                                      I can't believe they keep coming out with these less popular jet models. They produced 5,580 F-4s and they lasted over 50 years. If FW would build one with durable landing gear (might be a first) and lots of speed (F-4 was a MACH 2.5 airplane) with the liveries everyone wants, they will sell more over time then all the previous jet offerings. I've seen all the FW jets that are currently selling and a lot of them have weak areas. I agree, a F-4 with strong landing gear, strong wings and lots of speed will put all previous jet offerings to shame. FW keeps making the same mistakes with landing gears - weak pockets and fragile struts. They look good but they are not durable.
                                      If they need a great sample, look at the HSD Super Viper hydraulic landing gear - you can make carrier landings with those all day long. FW engineers ought walk down the street to HSD and get some lessons. We don't want to buy airplanes and have to buy optional landing gear - just charge the extra bucks up front. If you offer optional landing, then you know they have a problem with the stock offering.
                                      Also, look at the "Q" foam that HSD is offering - about twice as strong as EPO foam. I bought the earlier FW fighters (SU-35, F-18, Eurofighter) and my coffee cups are made out of stronger foam.
                                      The Phantom II was a great warbird for its time and only cost $3M - that won't buy tires for the F-22.
                                      Also, they will never build a meaner looking fighter than an F-4 coming in at 50 feet, 500 knots blowing black smoke.
                                      So, Motion because you are the largest customer for FW products, put the heat on FW to produce an F-4 that we all would like to buy before the competition gets there first.
                                      I like to do business with MotionRC because of their outstanding service and customer care - get out there and get us a great F-4 that we could buy over and over!
                                      Phantoms Phorever!
                                      TPS
                                      PREACH!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no business really weighing in on this stuff, let alone flying a potential jet like this (yet); but I too think a big, done-right version of the Phantom needs to come out. Just like everyone else thinks, this is an iconic jet that I'd imagine would sell well for a long time. Looking back, FW has already captured several of the world's finest in the F-14, F-15, F-16, A-10 and I can only imagine the F4 among others will soon follow. I imagine in due time we'll get the F-22 and/or F-35 as well.

I just want to stock my fleet before babies come so I don't "have" to buy all these other ones I've loved as a kid. I'd love an F4 to be released first, but I just want big jets like the A-10! I'm hopeful there will be some big release around the holidays so we can treat ourselves to a stocking stuffer....

Comment

• Woohoo, maybe there will be an F- 4 in my stocking this year, I've been good all year................:Sacred:=:f4phantom

Comment

• So with the new arrival of the 64mm F8 Crusader from Freewing, I wouldn't doubt that the F-4 would be next in line for a parkflyer adaption. MRC did say the F8 is the first of many in the 64mm class. So, I'm guessing a lot of 80mm - 105mm junkies will be let down. In the meantime I upgraded my EDO model F-4 to 12 blade 4s. The same power system pushes my bigger HK Goshawk pretty fast, so I'm thinking my F-4 will become a little turbojet sounding rocket.

Comment

Working...
                                          X