You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The LX and EFlight versions were nightmares. The BVM version is a gem if you have $15K laying around and have a turbine waiver.. Just has not really been a good flying F4 in foam .Time for MRC and FW to step up to the plate. I know Alpha and his minions can get this done properly.
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Agreed. I’m still saving for the a10!
      Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
      twin fans will put this plane out of reach of a bunch of people like me

Comment

• And the A-10 is worth every penny. Best ARF I have flown, and I have been in the hobby a LOOOOONG time. It is fantastic in the air and on the ground, so I think a big F-4 is worth the rinse and repeat!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
          twin fans will put this plane out of reach of a bunch of people like me
          That's why I think the best solution to please people like you looking for a simple and economical F-4 and the others expecting a super scale F-4 with twins is going to have to be two different models. The F-4 is already popular enough to justify having two models at different price points and it would still sell well.

Comment

• I personally would like to see a big twin 80mm super scale. That would be really awesome!

Comment

• well we all will have to wait and see...my money is on a single 80mm...

Comment

• I wouldn't mind have an F4 Phantom II but all I have it short cut grass runway's so I need to have one with larger wheels to land on grass. I can live with non-retractable landing gear as well.

Tony

Comment

• Don’t want to fly a new super scale phantom dirty lol. With the lg that has been coming out on FW jets lately, providing a F4 super scale that is grass ops( shirt grass) capable should not be a major design challenge for Alpha and his team. The Mig-21, A10, Avanti S and A4 are all examples of being grass ops capable.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Part of the desire here is a BETTER QUALITY F-4 at a reasonable price.

Sure, there's a bunch out there in single EDF small models and larger twin EDF models.

The alterations to make the Art Tech F-4 fly decently will have you completely replacing all servos, Different EDF, Better ESC, cutting foam, moving the battery.
                    When you get done you can have a nice little F-4. But you'd have been better off buying it as a bare foam model.
                    Yep... like mine. Got 2 minutes of flight on my 64mm Saturday on the new 12 blade system. Used a low c-rated battery which was a mistake. But it sounds great! hehe

Comment

• When I had one of their F-18's (stock out of box Blue Angels color scheme) I made some mods to it, and told Art Tech about them. They incorporated 3 of the changes in the next version of the model.

So it does help to tell the manufacturers how to make their product better.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Count me in for the F-4, and I think that you will find that for guys like me who own both the 80mm A-4 and A-6, our Navy/Marine hanger will always be one bird short without their F-4 stablemate sitting along side of them!!!

Comment

• Bravo Zulu!

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBillG View Post
                            Count me in for the F-4, and I think that you will find that for guys like me who own both the 80mm A-4 and A-6, our Navy/Marine hanger will always be one bird short without their F-4 stablemate sitting along side of them!!!
                            The manufacturers keep missing a great opportunity by not offering a quality F-4 Phantom II. I hope they wake up soon so we can buy them all day long.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPS View Post

The manufacturers keep missing a great opportunity by not offering a quality F-4 Phantom II. I hope they wake up soon so we can buy them all day long.
                              For real? I think they are quite awake, waiting for the right opportunities to release products for one of the most fickle groups of people on the planet. Honestly, we want what we want, when we want it, and almost as soon as we get it (provided we actually commit and buy it like we claim we will in the first place), we are ready for the next thing we want. I am sure they have more going on than we need to know about until the right time to maximize sales. They are most certainly not asleep at the wheel or we might as well hang it up and find another hobby.

Comment

• And let's not forget, it takes some time to go from the design phase to production, typically 2-3 years. I remember not too long ago Alpha said there are numerous planes in the design/testing phase at any given time, which seems to track with the large number of releases from the Freewing/FlightLineRC brands over the past few years. I would bet dollars to donuts that an F-4 is in there somewhere. At least, that's my hope!
                                Pat

Comment

• +1 I'll just take a tater and wait. LOL

Comment

• I totally agree with the desire for a Phantom. I used to see them everyday on the flightline when I was an ordnanceman in the Marine Corps back in the 80's. I loaded bombs on Av8-B Harriers and a squadron of F-4s were right next to us. I've been looking for a while now and found the old school FMS 800 Blue Angels F-4.. I had to buy it even if it's an 8 year old plane. I'm thinking of painting it gray with the Marines livery. If I could find a Harrier that actually flies I'd be all over that. If the marines flew it , i have it or i want it. Unfortunately many of the models have the Navy livery but I'll take it anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by steeda423 View Post
                                      I totally agree with the desire for a Phantom. I used to see them everyday on the flightline when I was an ordnanceman in the Marine Corps back in the 80's. I loaded bombs on Av8-B Harriers and a squadron of F-4s were right next to us. I've been looking for a while now and found the old school FMS 800 Blue Angels F-4.. I had to buy it even if it's an 8 year old plane. I'm thinking of painting it gray with the Marines livery. If I could find a Harrier that actually flies I'd be all over that. If the marines flew it , i have it or i want it. Unfortunately many of the models have the Navy livery but I'll take it anyway.
                                      Welcome to HobbySquawk! Check out the A-4 then. It has both livery options in the box. I did mine as a VMA-121 Green Knights with Callie graphics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170908_201031.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	104660

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Welcome to HobbySquawk! Check out the A-4 then. It has both livery options in the box. I did mine as a VMA-121 Green Knights with Callie graphics.

Name:	20170908_201031.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	104660
                                        Hey EXCELLENT work. What flat clear did you use?
                                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I used Krylon ColorMaster Acrylic Flat. It does a good job dulling down any sheen in the paint or graphics.

Name:	1511304607588757450403.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	104674

Comment

Working...
                                          X