You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
    That's why I deleted my comment. I ASSumed the link was the the box that was shown. I went to the link and saw it was not what I assumed so I removed my comment.
    Oh I assure you ... it is very real! ;)

Once MRC officially announces it and starts a thread here on HS, I will share some more photos.

Comment

• Wow, don't that just look awesome, can't wait until preorder time.........:Silly::)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post

Oh I assure you ... it is very real! ;)

Once MRC officially announces it and starts a thread here on HS, I will share some more photos.
        I have never much liked the 'hump' but that looks awesome. Bajora, that photo has changed my attitude about it. Looking forward to the additional pics.

Comment

• The hump is held on by magnets and will be removable.

Pat

Comment

• please please please don't use the 80mm fan it is not upgradeable in it current config as FW don't want you to use any one else's motors either a very powerful 70mm or a 90mm on 6s would allow lots of options for upgrading as we all want to be able to do, and it looks draggy like the t45 and yak 130 and both are now available as a 8s set up so I hope they don't make the same mistake with this one.
            I am in the middle of trying to find a good replacement for my mig 21 fan unit and there is not a lot of choice that is not mega money.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
              please please please don't use the 80mm fan it is not upgradeable in it current config as FW don't want you to use any one else's motors either a very powerful 70mm or a 90mm on 6s would allow lots of options for upgrading as we all want to be able to do, and it looks draggy like the t45 and yak 130 and both are now available as a 8s set up so I hope they don't make the same mistake with this one.
              I am in the middle of trying to find a good replacement for my mig 21 fan unit and there is not a lot of choice that is not mega money.
              I love the 80mm class... There are a lot of options and setups available.

I have a feeling this plane will be best kept light so I'm going with a more powerful and lighter 80mm setup than stock.

Comment

• can you guide me to some 80mm set ups that are more powerful than the freewing offerings please. I have found a few but they are all lots of $ and most of them are from your side of the pond but I am coming over to Florida in a few weeks so that might be the best time to buy

Comment

• Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
                  can you guide me to some 80mm set ups that are more powerful than the freewing offerings please. I have found a few but they are all lots of $ and most of them are from your side of the pond but I am coming over to Florida in a few weeks so that might be the best time to buy
                  I'll be going the JF80 route and maybe test a couple others to compare and see which setup this likes best.

Comment

• Contact Elmer at www.edfhobbies.com. He's a jet jock always pushing the envelope.
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      Contact Elmer at www.edfhobbies.com. He's a jet jock always pushing the envelope.
                      Yup... I've been working with Jack, and now Elmer, for years. :)

Comment

• Try the new FMS 70mm, 80mm or 90mm EDFs. That, combined with Castle Creations ESCs will give you a noticeable power increase.
                        My LX (stands for junk) F-4 with twin FMS 70mm, 12B EDFs and 130A CC ESCs will really get up and go. I had a fan come off one of the EDFs during the takeoff and the plane got airborne without any trouble and flew well - try doing that with some other EDFs. My LX F-4 is highly modified with FW SU-35 landing gear (with gear doors), outboard leaders fixed slightly out, a Eagle Super II gyro, Callie graphics running 6,200mah, 6S, 30C batteries. The CG is at 165mm - this model is very CG sensitive. I use 1/2 flaps with gyro stability ON for takeoff and land at full flaps.
                        Now, only if FMS or FW would build a quality, well-flying F-4 in several liveries - I'll be in line buying them all day long. There will never be another mean looking fighter like the F-4. Look at the new fighters - they all look like radar deflectors. Amen Click image for larger version

Name:	20170817_082042.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	93318Click image for larger version

Name:	20170817_080710.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	93319

Comment

• With you. I wait in high anticipation. Something tells me the guys at MRC and FW are listening. I mean C'mon ! , the Mig-21 needs it's arch rival to chase her around !
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• True!
                            A well flying, well- built F-4 would sell for years!

Comment

• Please FW, could you make one look like this, I promise to buy two.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                Please FW, could you make one like this, I promise to buy two.:Cool:
                                Yes!!! Especially in that scheme!

Comment

• I would hate to be forced to BEG for an F-4 Phantom But I'm getting close. I to am sure it would be a big seller. MRC and FW could make lots of money and make us happy at the same time.

Comment

• Oh yeah ! Offer it in the B&J versions for us Navy guys and the C&D for the Air Force guys. Then everybody will be a happy camper.

Comment

• I am crossing my fingers that FW comes out with this jet. Like many of you, I look at the Phantom as the quintessential "flying tank" from the 60's all the way to the 90's...Such an incredible jet from the profile to its capabilities...It needs to happen!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• The last F-4Q was taken out of the US Air Force inventory on December 21, 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                                          Please FW, could you make one look like this, I promise to buy two.:Cool:

Outstanding!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X