You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would imagine they spread the load between the 64mm class and 80mm+ class. I can't imagine FW or MRC to think pumping out a ton of 64mm jets would necessarily be advantageous as you have plenty of idiots like me willing to throw down for bamf icons like the F4 in a super scale version (among others). I would imagine there is some strategy to the production and release of these models in an attempt to keep everyone happy. That being said, I'm doubting that there will be another big scale jet released before xmas, but who knows.

Comment

• For a twin 80/90 F4, I would wait until after xmas!!

Comment

• twin 80 or 90 way out of my league. Hoping for a single ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
          twin 80 or 90 way out of my league. Hoping for a single ;)
          The F-4 is such an iconic and popular jet that I have a feeling that there will eventually have to be two models of the F-4 to please different expectations and budgets. Just like there are two versions of the Freewing F-16's 70mm and 90mm.
          For the low cost version either a twin 70mm or single 80mm would be desent
          For the high end Super scale version I predict twin 80mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
            twin 80 or 90 way out of my league. Hoping for a single ;)
            Yup... Screw twins.

Single's are always ideal unless 100% necessary to go with twins like the A10 or a Mig-29. Plus, the wing loading would be poor with twin fans and packs on a wing like the F4 IMHO.

Comment

• They did have a decent FMS F-4 on MRC a while back. Why did they discontinue??

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• love the navy tail art

Comment

• Originally posted by Model jet juggernaut View Post
                  They did have a decent FMS F-4 on MRC a while back. Why did they discontinue??

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...mm-edf-jet-pnp
                  Had the Blue Angels version. Was fun while it lasted. Had an esc failure. Beautiful white smoke trail. Living up to it’s full scale reputation as a brick, she didn’t dead stick very well. Lol. But that was a hand launch/ belly landing little 64mm.

We’re looking for her big sister! Big and fast. Flying stab. Navy, Marines and USAF liveries. Single or twin 80mm. LED’s, Ordinance. This would be Freewing’s creme de la creme, Mona Lisa, Rembrandt, Finest hour, blah blah . Do it right.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• LX still has the twin 70mm version available. Requires a whopping 12 channels on your TX.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	lx-f4-blue-2.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	102804

Comment

• I had one of those and poured my time into modding it. Upgraded power systems, lights, camo, redone H-stab mounting, new servos, and it just never flew well for me. It never seemed to get in trim and was always hunting in pitch. I flew it maybe 15 times, and crashed 3 of those, requiring a near complete rebuild every time. Another friend had one, and the spar failed and the wings folded mid flight. The quality and engineering just wasn't there. Not nearly at least to the extent we've come to expect from these Freewing jets.. One of the members here did a conversion to a single 90 with a gyro, and that did seem to calm it down a bit though. A Freewing asuperscale would be a quantum leap better though, just look at the difference between the LX A-4 and the Freewing A-4. It's not even a contest!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                        I had one of those and poured my time into modding it. Upgraded power systems, lights, camo, redone H-stab mounting, new servos, and it just never flew well for me. It never seemed to get in trim and was always hunting in pitch. I flew it maybe 15 times, and crashed 3 of those, requiring a near complete rebuild every time. Another friend had one, and the spar failed and the wings folded mid flight. The quality and engineering just wasn't there. Not nearly at least to the extent we've come to expect from these Freewing jets.. One of the members here did a conversion to a single 90 with a gyro, and that did seem to calm it down a bit though. A Freewing asuperscale would be a quantum leap better though, just look at the difference between the LX A-4 and the Freewing A-4. It's not even a contest!
                        And this is why I really hope that they make one! I know that Hangar9 has one but I am not sure I want to make that leap.... I am loving the way that foam planes have progressed...
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

And this is why I really hope that they make one! I know that Hangar9 has one but I am not sure I want to make that leap.... I am loving the way that foam planes have progressed...
                          I have emailed FW, FMS and HSD and asked them if they will build a big, quality F-4. FW won't answer the email, HSD said they'll pass it on to the boss and FMS said they'll past it on to the engineers. They just don't realize what a gold mine a quality F-4 would be for their bottom line. I guess they'll wake up one day? Look how well the BVM F-4s fly - I just don't want to invest that kind of money (about $15K ready to fly with a big EDF).

Comment

• I have a hunch FW may be listening. Just a hunch. Too many of us are begging for one.
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              I have a hunch FW may be listening. Just a hunch. Too many of us are begging for one.
                              Single Freewing F4 FTW!

Comment

• I'm sure it's in development. This thread alone has 15 pages of chirping, not to mention I'm sure all the behind-the-scenes requests. It'll happen, I'm certain. Just a matter of time. Part of me is hopeful that they'll roll it out before Christmas, but I'm not sure another big FW jet will come out until 1st quarter.

Maybe if we keep this thread hot, it'll expedite things

Comment

• Hoping for a twin 80mm. One in Camo, one in Gray!
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• +1. Keep the Navy, Marines and USAF happy!

Comment

• twin fans will put this plane out of reach of a bunch of people like me

Comment

• Then buy a smaller single fan F-4. There are already tons of those out. Save your pennies, bag your lunch, and start a crowd fund. We gotta have one!

Comment

• Originally posted by tclaridge View Post
                                          Then buy a smaller single fan F-4. There are already tons of those out. Save your pennies, bag your lunch, and start a crowd fund. We gotta have one!
                                          Part of the desire here is a BETTER QUALITY F-4 at a reasonable price.

Sure, there's a bunch out there in single EDF small models and larger twin EDF models.

The alterations to make the Art Tech F-4 fly decently will have you completely replacing all servos, Different EDF, Better ESC, cutting foam, moving the battery.
                                          When you get done you can have a nice little F-4. But you'd have been better off buying it as a bare foam model.
                                          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                          X