You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Freewing come out with a F-4 Phantom II?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 90mm 12 blade fan with tons of grunt thanks. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post
      By the way I noticed your avatar picture is of a pair of AJ-37 Viggens. I have recently found out more about the Viggen and have become a fan of it. I would actually love to have an EDF model of the Viggen complete with a thrust reverser not only because its cool, but mostly because of it's unique flight envelope that makes it an ideal air frame for beginner EDF pilots.
      A Viggen has been my favorite Delta for as long as I can remember but it has technical challenges, like the trust reverser and a really thin wing that would make scale landing gear a custom design for sure. BUT given how much electronics have progressed and the amazing scale gear I have seen machined on F-16s tells me that it's not only possible but not as difficult I might imagine. I hope the F-4 is already in the pipeline and the Viggen is next on the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        I'm not sure if or when Freewing will make the deserving F4 but if they do I don't think it would be in multiple formats. It would likely be either a twin 80mm or single 90mm. JMO.
        Well, then that leaves it to FMS for the 70mm version.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by swps View Post

Well, then that leaves it to FMS for the 70mm version.:)
          Or wait to see what we come out with and copy that. LOL ;)
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'll take one, preferably in 1/10 scale (to go along with my other FW 1/10 scaleish birds). Recommend twin 80mm (most likely) or single 90mm on 6S.

USAF scheme. Capt Steve Ritchie's (only USAF Vietnam Ace) aircraft. I'll keep it in the shade, except when flying of course.

Oh yea, and don't forget grass capable (T-45 gear setup would work).

Sean
            Last edited by EDFjetpilot; Mar 25, 2017, 12:30 PM. Reason: Color scheme

Comment

• I would like to thank Motion RC on being an outstanding company with superior and outstanding service. I have not posted to this site in the past, however, I have to say though, the F4 Phantom is my absolute favorite jet. I am just finishing my second fly fly EDF . I installed the nose gear from Freewing F18 duel wheel . I installed 12 bladed outruner 1450 90 mm fan. I modified rear tail feathers linkage with the eurofighters linkage n parts from canards . ball link very labor intence but no play at all. Note lost last fly fly f4 from tailfeather linkage failure.used p 40 ball link linkage for alerons. Painted plane robin olds F4.
              fly fly f4 fly real good n land good. Battery turnigy 5.0 5000 mah 60-120 C . 3min flight times sounds unbeliveble real head tuner at my flight field lots of compliments. I also have LX F4 phatom many upgrades land with flap front slats stock no mods on flap /slats . upgraded to freewings . inruners 70 mm fans note twin counter rotating fan. upgraded freewings 100 amp ESC. fly trons lights LED. f5 tail hook . flys awsome brakes work good . NOT FOR BEGINNERS. fast sounds awsome . note labor intence with all mods. know my big QUESTION will frewing make a f4 phatom. because it will be awsome no dought in my mind. weather a single 90 mm fan or a duel 70mm counter rotating fans.note fly fly lighter than lxi

Comment

• Welcome to the squawk Scott. :)

Comment

• Welcome Scott!

So because I was bored I put together a quick video of me flying an F4 in FSX (Microsoft's Flight Simulator 10). No system/preflight nonsense, just kicking the tires and lighting the fires. :)

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I lobby for the F4 Phantom every chance I get. There simply hasn't been a really good one made, I mean really good one. Okay maybe LX and FlyFly with tons of mods. Eflight's was practically non-flyable.
                    She'll be the perfect companion for the Mig-21,her sworn enemy. I would prefer they come out with both a Navy and USAF livery versions to satisfy everyone. I prefer the J model myself ( Go Navy!).

Every survey and poll taken places the F4 on the top of the list.

I'm ready to plop down $500.00 on the A-10 this week on the A-10 Warthog and have high hopes the F4 will follow next but not too soon. I'm just getting used to the Mig-21, then expect the A-10 in early May. Want to log some hours on that one and have a little time to save up.for a Christmas present to myself. Fall of 2017 would be perfect timing!

-Hawk
                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      Welcome Scott!

So because I was bored I put together a quick video of me flying an F4 in FSX (Microsoft's Flight Simulator 10).
                      You could have used that time to get the preorder stuff for the A-10 done to the website and launch it. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

You could have used that time to get the preorder stuff for the A-10 done to the website and launch it. :)
                        HAAAAAAAAAAAA LOL
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Yeah I am sure my bosses would have loved that. LOL
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Dang bosses, always getting in the way...............

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I had been looking at the 70mm Yak-130 which led me to also look at the new 90mm and saw how it has been upgraded to an 8S dual pack power system. After watching how the 6S version performed like it had just enough power it was apparent why the upgrade was really needed. Which then made me think that an 8S 90mm F-4 would probably be the ideal set up if not for twin 80's to deliver the type of performance that an RC F-4 deserves.
                              One of the F-4's nicknames was the flying brick because even a brick with enough power could fly. An F-4 couldn't win in a turning fight, but it had vertical maneuvering and horizontal-flight speed advantages over anything it faced in Vietnam. As long as it was well flown, and the crew performed as a team, it was pretty hard to beat. If all else failed, an F-4 driver could just kick in the burners and extend out of any fight that wasn't going his way.

Here is one of my all time favorite accounts of an F-4 Phantom crew flying in Vietnam. The F-4 account starts at 54:07 and make sure you see it to the end to see how they barley made it back to the coast.

Comment

• Still would like to see an F-4 single 80mm. Lower cost to buy and operate also easier to transport. Powered with the same set up as the Mig 21 it would haul****

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                                  Still would like to see an F-4 single 80mm. Lower cost to buy and operate also easier to transport. Powered with the same set up as the Mig 21 it would haul****
                                  A single 80mm works great in planes like the Mig 21 and F-86 Sabre because the airframe was originally designed around a single engine. But for airplanes like the F-4 which packed twin engines and were known for brute power a single 80mm would limit its full potential. I think the best setups will have to be both a twin 70mm like the ones used in the new 70mm F-16 and a twin 80mm for ease of implementation of two models and to appeal to a wider customer base.

Comment

• I'll take one that actually flys good. Twin 80, Single 90? Alpha and FW can decide. Would like to see one in the same price range as the Mig-21.
                                    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• My 64mm F-4 on 4s. I stole the music from an actual F-4 training film. heh heh. Excuse the EDF whine.. but she is fast.

Plenty fast. Nailed 3 smooth landings before a horrible one wascaught on camera. Was going to fly again but the ESC committed suicide after the flight. O...

Comment

• Hey you land like I do! LOL ;)

Just funnin'! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hehe.. Ive been giving that some thought. Its gotta be crappy landing gear! Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                          X