• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You had me at Arctic Camo. LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Funny, I was thinking either Blue Angels or Thunderbirds at some point for this plane as well, great minds I guess!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Yes, I think the arctic would work pretty well.
        I worked on a rendering for the early T-bird scheme as I like the tail markings on the early T-birds. The F-84 and F-100 schemes I think look the best with silver fuselage and white background on the empanage.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...t-thread/page6

Comment

• They all look great!
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Agreed, awesome. Artic looks so cool. ;)

Comment

• When can we expect the full flight video ?

Comment

• Recently I read a post asking about the possibility of adding a thrust tube to the Avanti S. The thrust channel already looks nice and clean in photos. Would adding a thrust tube to a foam EDF like the Avanti S add significantly more power or improve efficiency? Is this a mod worth doing, and if so where can I learn more about how to do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by K3Sierra View Post
                  Recently I read a post asking about the possibility of adding a thrust tube to the Avanti S. The thrust channel already looks nice and clean in photos. Would adding a thrust tube to a foam EDF like the Avanti S add significantly more power or improve efficiency? Is this a mod worth doing, and if so where can I learn more about how to do it?
                  In this scenario with the stock EDF/Fan unit, a thrust tube isn't advantageous. The size of the outlet is a good compromise of thrust and efflux for the power system used. If a person were to use a fan unit that requires a downsized outlet to optimize efflux velocity, such as 5-9 blade fan units, then it's worth looking into creating a thrust tube (and even then the size of the outlet depends on the EDF unit, the fan, and the power output of the system to fine tune the appropriate exit diameter for the desired performance). I would fly it as is with the stock system. It does a great job, and nothing is needed. :Cool:

Comment

• Think the boat has left China yet?:(

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

In this scenario with the stock EDF/Fan unit, a thrust tube isn't advantageous. The size of the outlet is a good compromise of thrust and efflux for the power system used. If a person were to use a fan unit that requires a downsized outlet to optimize efflux velocity, such as 5-9 blade fan units, then it's worth looking into creating a thrust tube (and even then the size of the outlet depends on the EDF unit, the fan, and the power output of the system to fine tune the appropriate exit diameter for the desired performance). I would fly it as is with the stock system. It does a great job, and nothing is needed. :Cool:
                      Agreed. For the stock system or most 12 blade fans I'd stick with the factory outlet... I'll be running a JF80 and they like to be stepped down a bit for better efflux velocity. ;)

Comment

• How about wheels with alloy hubs. My taft Viper Jet has them, it looks awesome.

Comment

• I recall someone asking about the clear "window" under the aircraft to allow pilots to visually verify that their wire harness is securely attached to the PCB in the wing. It's a one second preflight insurance that the connection was secured during assembly. Here are pictures of that pathway and the plastic cover that incorporates the easy to view window.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170425_112131.jpg Views:	1 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	73005Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170425_112202.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.2 KB ID:	73006

Also, production continues on Avantis for sellers worldwide. Literally tons over the past couple of months --it's a never-ending stream of our gilded gal!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170425_174738.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	73007
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the new pics Alpha. I'm going to take a leap and assume that pre-order #1 is on the water?????????? So ready to get this one in the air:):Cool:

Comment

• Does anyone know if it would be difficult to mount a gyro near the cg point on this model? I really don't want to cut any foam to make it work properly.
                              :Angry:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                                Does anyone know if it would be difficult to mount a gyro near the cg point on this model? I really don't want to cut any foam to make it work properly.
                                I mounted my gryos on the past several jets up front when mounting rearward isn't an option and haven't had a problem . I use Lemon Rx's and stand alone gryo's as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                  Thanks for the new pics Alpha. I'm going to take a leap and assume that pre-order #1 is on the water?????????? So ready to get this one in the air:):Cool:
                                  Hey Twowintj, yes, they've been on the water for a while now, as are subsequent batches. :) What is pictured here is for post-preorder stock, and for resellers in other parts of the world. We sort of commandeered the initial shipments for ourselves, because we love you guys so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                                    Does anyone know if it would be difficult to mount a gyro near the cg point on this model? I really don't want to cut any foam to make it work properly.
                                    Hi Ron, as Felixs10 said, I too haven't had any issues with mounting a gyro up front (Hobby Eagle, Lemon, and Cortex have been tested). Even so, there is a bit of space nearer the intakes, behind where the battery would be placed, if you wanted to mount your gyro there closer to the CG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post

Hey Twowintj, yes, they've been on the water for a while now, as are subsequent batches. :) What is pictured here is for post-preorder stock, and for resellers in other parts of the world. We sort of commandeered the initial shipments for ourselves, because we love you guys so much.
                                      LOL:):Cool:

Comment

• Between the Avanti S, the A-10 and the 1.6M Spit, it's going to be one heckuva fun flying Summer for many folks!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                          Between the Avanti S, the A-10 and the 1.6M Spit, it's going to be one heckuva fun flying Summer for many folks!
                                          Well I've promised an Avanti appearance at our first fly in 5/27, hope I can come through
                                          :Confused: I preordered it early march

Comment

Working...
                                          X