Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan confirmed it's on the slow boat from China...So a video realistically is weeks away.

PS: Don't kill the messenger! LOL
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
      Ryan confirmed it's on the slow boat from China...So a video realistically is weeks away.

PS: Don't kill the messenger! LOL
      Slow boat meaning air freight. As soon as it shows up I'll post up some quick pics and as always I'll get an assembly video made so you all can see how things have been designed.

Comment

• Man ..if that's the Slow Boat what about the real Boat/Ship??? LOL

Comment

• After reading this thread I did something I said I'd never do again. I pre-ordered the Avanti before waiting to see what problems (if any) may show up once the plane has been available for a while. If any of you are familiar with Mintor gas engines you will know what I'm talking about. They looked great but turned out to be junk, a total waste of money. But after reading every page of this thread I couldn't resist. The Avanti looks great, is plenty fast enough for me, and is at a price point that I think is a good buy. I hope this plane won't require a bunch of mods to correct any deficiencies that are unknown at this time.

I don't mean for my post to sound negative. I'm really looking forward to getting this plane and my gut feeling is it's going to be a winner.

GMB

Comment

• Welcome to the squawk gmb. I personally think it's very unlikely this plane will have any issues, it's been through a ton of testing by all reports. Whilst I agree it's smart to wait with some manufacturers, these days freewing pretty much deliver a quality product - first time, every time. Recent releases over the past two years have been pretty good. Like you, there's some manufacturers I simply don't trust to get it right on the first go, and I wouldn't preorder from these. However, I'm very confident there's almost zero risk associated with pre-ordering a freewing airframe.

Ive followed most of the threads on the different forums for years and years now, and the recent freewing releases have been met by almost universal praise. You can be confident with the avanti I'm positive. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Slow boat meaning air freight. As soon as it shows up I'll post up some quick pics and as always I'll get an assembly video made so you all can see how things have been designed.
              Okay, so what Ryan really means is start stocking up on your popcorn and wobbily pop, 'cause there's a party coming to Indiana in the near future.
              Maybe it'll be a Pilot Ryan/Captain Mike video aka RC Training Command, God those videos were great, I still say the blooper real was the best thing I saw on the net in quite a while.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                Welcome to the squawk gmb. I personally think it's very unlikely this plane will have any issues, it's been through a ton of testing by all reports. Whilst I agree it's smart to wait with some manufacturers, these days freewing pretty much deliver a quality product - first time, every time. Recent releases over the past two years have been pretty good. Like you, there's some manufacturers I simply don't trust to get it right on the first go, and I wouldn't preorder from these. However, I'm very confident there's almost zero risk associated with pre-ordering a freewing airframe.

Ive followed most of the threads on the different forums for years and years now, and the recent freewing releases have been met by almost universal praise. You can be confident with the avanti I'm positive. ;)
                I'll second those observations ;)
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Got one on order also but I have to know if a larger tire would fit....bigger the better! And they better not be foamy junk.....even a quarter inch larger is better for grass.

Comment

• Welcome GMB! Of course I can't say this without prefacing that of course I am biased since I am an employee, but what I also am is an avid RC pilot nut like most people here. I have seen first hand, behind the scenes, the insane level of R&D that goes into these models. And I'm not just talking about the things we mention in Hobby Squawk...But even the untold, tedious, freakish attention to detail I have to believe is a rarity in this hobby. Alpha is fanatical about precision and perfection at every turn. The hours the man puts in are beyond insane. But he, like all of us at MRC do it for the passion of the hobby. We want to help build/distribute and fly these fantastic models. The partnership between us and Freewing has been bearing fruit exponentially over the past few years. Their willingness to work with us to develop these models has been a total win-win that I can't explain to you how giddy that makes me. For not only the models we've been releasing as of late, but the models I know are coming.

So rest assured, this Avanti is going to be everything you could ever hope a V1 model could be and more. I can't wait for mine! Cheers!
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I really respect what Alpha, the Motion team in general, and Freewing for performing some amazing testing on many if not all the models they release. It's definitely not a CAD and immediate production type of thing. One of the things I told Alpha in person was that one of the many reasons I enjoy purchasing Freewing aircraft, especially the ones he and the Motion team have a major (or majority) part in designing is the fact that I see these planes being tested and know they are taking them through all aspects of flight, in various weather conditions, and off different types of surfaces. That meticulous testing makes me more comfortable as a customer. We all have a lot of choices for products in this hobby, and I tend to look more carefully these days where I spend my money since I want to get the most bang for my buck. I know I get that from a Freewing and Motion.

Comment

• What about MotionRc's Capt. Mike & Ryan movie production company?? Sounds good to me. There is so much they could offer in the hobby for all.

Comment

• I will choose Freewing any day over FMS. I think FMS still has quality issues. I have been flying models since 1979 and know quality when I see it. Does any one recall the Cox .049 motor? This was my first motor. I

Comment

• Yep, powered my C/L Spitfire and my buddies Stuka. Also my PT19
                            Round and round

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• I had the Stuka. 13 years old, on Christmas day. My dad put about 8 feet of line on it. I remember him asking me before he let it go..."are you sure you know what to do ? " I said ya ya c'mon...let it go ! It went straight up into a perfect arc, then straight down into the ground. I later pulled the 049 out and built a Carl Goldberg "little jumpin bean" Balsa, tissue paper, and dope. Learned to fly on that little plane. Been enjoying the hobby ever since, Although my dad never bought me another airplane. I think the next Christmas I got the red glitter dune buggy.

Comment

• My Spitfire was about the same, only my dad was on the control lone. Those Magnificent men in their Flying Machines they go up dilly up up they come down dilly down down....
                                I reparied it as best I could and it graced my ceiling for many a year......

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
                                  I will choose Freewing any day over FMS. I think FMS still has quality issues. I have been flying models since 1979 and know quality when I see it. Does any one recall the Cox .049 motor? This was my first motor. I
                                  I put many flights on the control-line PT-19 with the Cox .049 engine. I can still remember the smell of that thing. That was such a common model when I was a kid...I bet a lot of us RC'ers got started that way. You have to really like flying to mess around with something that primitive.

Comment

• I've been watching from the sidelines for a while now. I was hopping to see one at Toledo this past weekend, no luck... but, I went ahead and preordered one! A buddy has a 90mm Stinger and it has been a good jet!

I normally fly Giant scale aerobats, but the whole jet thing has bitten me. I now have my 2nd turbine ready to go, but this will be great for flying in the evening!

Comment

• Cool rcflyguy, great to have you on the Squawk, a lot of us are looking forward to our first EDF!!

Good luck with yours,

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• On the old Cox models.... I cut my teeth on those too. My dad got me a plastic P39 CL model circa 1986.... we could never get that motor to run right. Then I had the Chipmunk with the foam wing. I think it was marketed as being aerobatic. That thing was fun... my friend and I used to take over a bank parking lot with that thing. Then I scratched my pennies together and bought the 55" Cox Electric Malibu as my first RC airplane ... I think it was 1989 or 1990. If memory serves the whole setup cost somewhere around $300 in significantly more valuable 1990 bucks. Two channel. I got special permission from my high school principal to fly it in one of the fields behind the school. My maiden didn't go well. Didn't get back into RC until college.

and now viz the Avanti, Tigercat, A-10, etc.... we've come a long way.

Comment

• I've only been in this Rc plane thing since last fall with the E-FLITE bnf SAFE planes like Timber,Spitfire..etc. and really like their products.So I got smart and I install Safe Select recievers in all my new prop planes and they fly like a dream.So this won't be an exception...SAFE rx in this one and it will do the same...I bet a dollar to a donnut.

Comment

Working...
                                          X