X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

Hey XViper2... Trailing links from F-15 is awesome on grass & almost drop in fit with just a little foam trim around wheel well.It has the right stiffness to not sag if you happen to drop it upon landing..
    Just saw this. Thanks. I was going to put the ones from the S. Scorpion. I have them in my Venom and they work great.

Comment

Costing thousands??? 90MM Sebart Avanti Mini S is definitely not..Have you looked??:PNothing wrong with the 'Mini Me'..Have you flown one ??? Great little addition to throw into the car & hop up for a little aerobatic speed demon ...;)..I love the Avantis so much I will add the 80mm & 70mm to keep Big Bro 90mm on 10s company ..Each one will have their own character..:)
      No, didn't know this one existed. I've got the 70mm FW Yak 130 and I love the way it flies, but it's a lot different than it's big brother, the 90mm. In this example, I'd rather have the smaller Yak but I think I'd prefer the bigger Avanti when I think of how it would compare to the S90 and the smaller Stinger 64. I know, they're a different fan size and cell count. The FMS Avanti and the FW Avanti are both 6cells but in this case, I think the bigger one would be my preference. In my mind, the FMS would fly more like the 70mm Yak and the FW would fly more like the S90.

OK, just looked up the 90mm Mini S. It's "only" $800.00 but it has no propulsion system. By the time it's done, it'll be well over a grand and a half. Throw in some fancy servos like I know some guys do, and you're approaching $2K, more when you include all the shipping, brokerage, etc. To me, that's getting in the "thousands". Or did I calculate something wrong? Wait! JR Americas is offering a deal so, it'll be somewhat less.

Comment

• Have a look in the 70mm Avanti thread...Throw in a mini Turbine & you get the complete 'Mini Me' package...Totally awesome..:PLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
          Just saw this. Thanks. I was going to put the ones from the S. Scorpion. I have them in my Venom and they work great.
          I have them on my Venom as well but found them a bit too soft so I clipped 3 coils off them to make them firmer...I also found them too soft on the Stinger90 but the F-15's are perfect especially if you have indiscretions on your grass field as I believe you have..

Comment

I have them on my Venom as well but found them a bit too soft so I clipped 3 coils off them to make them firmer...I also found them too soft on the Stinger90 but the F-15's are perfect especially if you have indiscretions on your grass field as I believe you have..
            I may go with the F-15 struts then. They'll need new flats ground at 90 degrees from the stock, right?

OH, and I won't go turbine. I'd rather spend the money on a bunch of planes than on one. :Silly:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shurl01 View Post
              My first post Have to be honest a bit disappointed...that I pre ordered mine on April 1st...there was no mention of the 1st shipment being sold out at the time I placed my order... (they just posted it yesterday) Called today and they could not confirm I will be in 1st shipment but probably not.... kinda lame guys.. didn't expect this based on the superior service I have come to know from you.

with that said, patience is a virtue... and looks like it will be well worth the wait. Just wish I new I was ordering something that was sold out at the time I place order..
              I'm not happy... as soon as the 1st order was full it should have been announced... think I may just ask for my $ back.

Motion, what say you?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                I may go with the F-15 struts then. They'll need new flats ground at 90 degrees from the stock, right?

OH, and I won't go turbine. I'd rather spend the money on a bunch of planes than on one. :Silly:
                YEP..Turbines sound totally awesome but I agree it does tend to hit the wallet rather hard..:)

Comment

• While I would like to have this plane sooner than May or June I will wait patiently and fly my other planes.

This plane is a heck of a deal for $299

I think we all should understand the demand for this edf jet and what it means to preorder from a manufacturer in China.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcflyguy View Post

I'm not happy... as soon as the 1st order was full it should have been announced... think I may just ask for my $ back.

Motion, what say you?
                    Hmmm. Have to say I honestly dont understand these posts. You want the plane, but don't want to wait a couple of extra weeks for it, so you'd rather go without?

Not sure what "pre-order" means to some, but to me it's pretty clear the plane isn't available to anyone as of yet, and you'll have to wait for production to finish and it shipped to the retailer. All of us that ordered when the preorder went up in early March knew it's a pre-order, and would have to wait. I don't understand how a few more weeks for the second shipment is any different... ?

Not having a go at you mate, I just don't understand why it's such a "deal breaker", given we are all waiting anyway. I'm sure the next container won't be very far behind the first one, aros posted two pages back and said it's already ordered and slated to be early June delivery for the second batch. So those of us that ordered when it first went up in early March have a just over two month wait for estimated delivery in May. Those that ordered in April have a two month wait for estimated delivery in June. In fact, for those of us that ordered early March we will be waiting one or two weeks longer. Nothing's really different?

the second batch is only a couple of weeks behind, not months. If two or three weeks behind the first batch is a deal breaker, I don't get it.

Comment

• Pre-orders are difficult because all the expected time frame can be is an estimate, and can alter at any time for a variety of factors, some completely out of the vendors control. Although it's not fun to see delays, it happens, and the nature of new products being released and pre-orders. It probably complicates things even further when it's coming from overseas. The plane is an awesome price for what we get, so if I have to wait for it, I'll wait for it. It's still worth it. I don't need to fly it right now, but I definitely look forward to owning it and taking it to the skies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Hmmm. Have to say I honestly dont understand these posts. You want the plane, but don't want to wait a couple of extra weeks for it, so you'd rather go without?

Not sure what "pre-order" means to some, but to me it's pretty clear the plane isn't available to anyone as of yet, and you'll have to wait for production to finish and it shipped to the retailer. All of us that ordered when the preorder went up in early March knew it's a pre-order, and would have to wait. I don't understand how a few more weeks for the second shipment is any different... ?

Not having a go at you mate, I just don't understand why it's such a "deal breaker", given we are all waiting anyway. I'm sure the next container won't be very far behind the first one, aros posted two pages back and said it's already ordered and slated to be early June delivery for the second batch. So those of us that ordered when it first went up in early March have a just over two month wait for estimated delivery in May. Those that ordered in April have a two month wait for estimated delivery in June. In fact, for those of us that ordered early March we will be waiting one or two weeks longer. Nothing's really different?

the second batch is only a couple of weeks behind, not months. If two or three weeks behind the first batch is a deal breaker, I don't get it.
                        Well said Shirty...
                        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Trust me I know about pre orders.

I waited about a year for my 50% pitts... Lol.

What is upsetting is the communication. I ordered on the 8th, and now they are saying cutoff between orders is March 30th. And... my post was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, or just a jerk reaction. Lol

I will wait, but I'd like some info on how the first pre-order went 14 days past filled.

Comment

• Crap I didn't order till April 9 #secondplacesucks

Comment

• All good mate. I've had a few of those myself as anyone who knows me in the threads will testify lol. I do think this one will be worth the wait though. Hang in there buddy. ;)

i think because the next container is only weeks behind the first, that motion staff figured it wasn't a big deal is all. Either way, judging from the flight vids of the pre-production model, and Ryan's build vid, this is going to be one of freewing s finest jets to date, and imho, worth the wait. Though have to admit the anticipation is killing me too lol.

Comment

• It's a hot ticket. We really have you all to thank. Great things come to those who wait. I flew ours for photos and video today. This Jet is a badass! You won't be disappointed. Within the hour I'll have a grass field ops video on youtube for the grass field pilots. Nothing fancy just a couple take offs and landings in the grass. Full Flight Review in the works.

Comment

• Hey Ryan, if it's not too much trouble mate could you take a pic of your battery position on the tray for a 5000 pack and what the battery weight is? No biggie, and no rush, just curious and will use as a guildeline for the heavy graphene packs I plan to run at over 900 grams. Cheers mate.

Comment

Hey Ryan, if it's not too much trouble mate could you take a pic of your battery position on the tray for a 5000 pack and what the battery weight is? No biggie, and no rush, just curious and will use as a guildeline for the heavy graphene packs I plan to run at over 900 grams. Cheers mate.
                                    I have the same packs, and thankfully it looks like this will have plenty of space on the platform. However, we'll find out with some pics and maybe add some weight to the admiral 5000mah to see where our battery would end up being roughly (although depends on length of the battery of course).

Comment

• I LOVE the fact the battery area has been made like a balsa with plenty of space. Might even fit a soundcard... dunno, ill fly it first before thinking of adding the soundsystem, I've got a fair few sound cards and tt's spare sitting in the cupboard so I'm looking for birds to fit them into. The a10 I think I'll do with a sound system for sure though. But I bought the avanti for pure, nice flying aerobatic fun, (not for its looks or sound, I'm not even a big fan of yellow lol but I do think it looks good), so flight handling takes priority and a few flights with the graphenes will decide it for me if I think the weight of the soundsystem will impact it much.

Comment

• Motion RC just posted this video, great stuff!!!

Grass take offs and landings in 15 mph wind!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

I already did all the work for you man. Haha. The RCLander (aka Dr.Mad Thrust) 70mm single ring three color afterburner should fit if those specs are right on. :Cool:

I have sitting next to me right now ready to go on.
                                          Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
                                          X