X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
    My Stinger 90 has only ever been flown off very rough, bumpy grass and it handles it really well. With trailing links, this Avanti it should be even better. I'm actually thinking of modding my Stinger struts with trailings links, maybe the ones from this Avanti. I have trailing links for my Venom that I think I got from one of the bigger Freewing jets and they transform the Venom to a much better landing plane.
    Hey XViper2... Trailing links from F-15 is awesome on grass & almost drop in fit with just a little foam trim around wheel well.It has the right stiffness to not sag if you happen to drop it upon landing..
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
      Here's another teaser. The nose wheel is 2.5
      Enough with the pictures Ryan! Grab Mike and the video camera and make us a "you gotta buy one of these" videos!

Comment

• Build Review is up! Thanks Pilot Ryan!

Avanti S Motion RC Build Review
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
          Build Review is up! Thanks Pilot Ryan!

Avanti S Motion RC Build Review
          super stuff! can't wait for mine :Cool:

Comment

• Cool, thanks for the vid Ryan. Looks a nice easy build. Love the ribbon wing connectors. Hurry up and ship mine please. :)

Comment

• Thanks for that video Ryan ... it answers many unasked questions ..... hopefully only a couple more weeks ...

Comment

• So what's the benifites of putting the wing fences on ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                  So what's the benifites of putting the wing fences on ?
                  May gain some directional stability but from the guys that have flown it not really noticeable but they look kinda cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                    So what's the benefits of putting the wing fences on ?
                    Only one way to find out..............Fly it with no fence.
                    I was wondering as to what material those are made of anyway and asking how they will stand up to normal hangar rash?

Build Video is great!!! Now where abouts is that boat with all our planes???

Comment

• Is there anyone that would be able to measure the inner and outer diameter of the exhaust? That way we could order an afterburner exhaust ring light and have it waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy_n_Germany View Post
                        Is there anyone that would be able to measure the inner and outer diameter of the exhaust? That way we could order an afterburner exhaust ring light and have it waiting.
                        I already asked and was told in this thread I believe (unless it's on RCg). From what I remember the inner diameter was 69mm and the outer was about 83mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

I already asked and was told in this thread I believe (unless it's on RCg). From what I remember the inner diameter was 69mm and the outer was about 83mm.
                          Thank you! Now to find one that fits...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeremy_n_Germany View Post

Thank you! Now to find one that fits...
                            I already did all the work for you man. Haha. The RCLander (aka Dr.Mad Thrust) 70mm single ring three color afterburner should fit if those specs are right on. :Cool:

I have sitting next to me right now ready to go on.

Comment

• Bummer , just noticed that for those of us that ordered before March 30th the arrival time is now Mid May. .... :(. ....but kudos to Motion for selling out the entire 1st shipment . this wait is killing me ......:Dizzy:...

Comment

• Yep we sold out and since the containers can only pack so many, we had to order another container which will be coming in behind it, hence the two pre-orders and two ETAs...I was a little late to the party in ordering so I will have to wait until early June for mine.

:(
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Never mind, I just read the page. :)

Comment

• So it looks like those of us who ordered in the first preorder wont see them in time for SEFF. Darn!!! I guess I'll have to look at all those Avantis from the other manufacturer. Hopefully there will be a few Motion reps on site flying the Freewing version so I'll feel better about waiting for it. Maybe even have an A-10 to watch fly ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosytime View Post
                                      So it looks like those of us who ordered in the first preorder wont see them in time for SEFF. Darn!!! I guess I'll have to look at all those Avantis from the other manufacturer. Hopefully there will be a few Motion reps on site flying the Freewing version so I'll feel better about waiting for it. Maybe even have an A-10 to watch fly ??
                                      The other Avantis are large composite turbine models costing thousands. The only other foamie EDF Avanti is the FMS and it's a "mini-me" version (900mm vs 1236mm). None of the large composites or the mini version will fly like this one, so the comparison may not be a valid one to help you feel better about it.
                                      A better comparison would be if there is a Stinger 90 present.

Comment

• My first post Have to be honest a bit disappointed...that I pre ordered mine on April 1st...there was no mention of the 1st shipment being sold out at the time I placed my order... (they just posted it yesterday) Called today and they could not confirm I will be in 1st shipment but probably not.... kinda lame guys.. didn't expect this based on the superior service I have come to know from you.

with that said, patience is a virtue... and looks like it will be well worth the wait. Just wish I new I was ordering something that was sold out at the time I place order..

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                                          The other Avantis are large composite turbine models costing thousands. The only other foamie EDF Avanti is the FMS and it's a "mini-me" version (900mm vs 1236mm). None of the large composites or the mini version will fly like this one, so the comparison may not be a valid one to help you feel better about it.
                                          A better comparison would be if there is a Stinger 90 present.
                                          Costing thousands??? 90MM Sebart Avanti Mini S is definitely not..Have you looked??:PNothing wrong with the 'Mini Me'..Have you flown one ??? Great little addition to throw into the car & hop up for a little aerobatic speed demon ...;)..I love the Avantis so much I will add the 80mm & 70mm to keep Big Bro 90mm on 10s company ..Each one will have their own character..:)

Comment

Working...
                                          X